This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pylofm

Re: Lost our first customers today WFP
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 08:25:25 pm »
Lee...I suppose it was the fact that at present I am not exactly flooded with customers and to lose 2 in one day was a little more than my frail ego was able to take....

But with the advice given here...I have decided to play this game with a little more thought....i.e using my head and not my heart...truth is I need customers and will try to keep them whilst keeping my dignity...

But come the time WHEN my round is ready for pruning....those with little red cross's by their names will be dropped when it suits me.

So...thanks to all for putting these things in perspective for me....and keeping my feet on the ground....

ps Lee would love a copy of your wfp explaination letter...please could you send to sys_engATyahoo.com    Many thanks.

Cheers
Dave.

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 09:50:42 pm »
Hi

When the motor manufacturers bring out a new model car they expect to loose (or used to) about 15% of there existing customers as these will not like the new shape etc. These manufacturers all count on the fact that more than the 15% they lost will be attracted to their new model and switch over - the equals more sales.
Same in our business.
But when I changed to WFP I explained to each customer why this was being done and I never lost 1 customer because of the change over.

I have lost customers since then for various reasons (none due to WFP) but I have gained a lot more - and I have used WFP as a lever to push prices up once they experience the benefits of WFP - windows stay cleaner longer - cleaner frames etc.

All my customers see that it is much more effort for me to use the brush on a pole than working off ladders - safety is paramount - milk it to your advantage. And if you are looking for someone to blame then there's the H&SE and Brussels.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 03:51:11 pm »
hi Pylofm
If you text me 07769 905728 an address I'l post you a wfp explanation letter
Sorry this is a pain but i don't have a computer just use hotmail at library, computers are crap here. Just tryed to email you Error'd out.
I forgot to put this in my last post run out of time get an hour's use.
you'l soon be sacking them pain  in the bum customers.

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dai

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 07:35:53 pm »
Believe me, there is nothing for relieving stress like dumping awkward customers.
I have a rule that say's if I worry about a fussy customer when I'm in bed, I dump them. It's Taking me over 5 weeks to get round now that my wife can't help me.
If I was a hard nosed buisnessman, I would go through my round and dump 20% of the less lucrative accounts. I makes perfect sense to do this. But I'm a softy and don't like letting people down.
If they don't like WFP, tough. AXA didn't care a toss when they dumped me after 12 years, and would no longer cover me for accident insurance. A bit ironic since I had just changed to WFP[. Don't worry about losing ordinary domestic customers. I turn work down every day. As others have said there are plenty more customers out there. I havn't canvassed for years and my phone number is ex directory. It's only customers and my family that have it. Dai