Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

mobile phone tariffs
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:36:10 pm »
I've been with Orange for sometime and want a change.

Just wondered what tariffs are around?

Also what you think pro and cons of your tariff and provider.

Looking at O2 as the missus is on it and she gets a better signal than I do around my postal area.

Shaun

Damian

Re: mobile phone tariffs
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 08:43:16 pm »
I've been with Orange for sometime and want a change.

Just wondered what tariffs are around?

Also what you think pro and cons of your tariff and provider.

Looking at O2 as the missus is on it and she gets a better signal than I do around my postal area.

Shaun
Shaun i used to be with orange for years and it was ok really, not perfect by a long stretch. But i found when i was "up your end" that there was never a signal? I changed to o2 bout five years ago and can say hand on heart its superb-even out loxley/worrall etc! It is more expensive but ya claim costs back anyway so ya not losing out really ;D
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:45:23 pm »
thanks it's them there hills

Shaun

Damian

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:47:25 pm »
Only billies live in hills mate ::)
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:49:43 pm »
 just got a free sat nav, from t mobile for my pda,
all I did was upgrade my phone as my contract was out, free pds, free sat nav 300mins a month any network any time and the mins are carried over.

mentioned it to a freind who was with voda phone, next day he was into t mobile , he got exactly same deal.

price £25 per month, the say nav is the co pilot live, found it easy to use got me every where ive wanted to go, with the added benifit of sattelite tracking in my van , in case of it been stolen, can see exactly where it is on my comp .wheneevr i wish.
 Geoff 
taken from c/p
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:51:40 pm »
Hi Shaun,

I have been with orange for about 5 yrs, just changed to O2, seems to be a better signal in my area so far.

I got the Sony Ericsson K800i ( cyber shot) from car phone warehouse.   8)

The phone was free, I get about 6 hours anytime / network calls per month and 100 texts.

Its only a 12 month contract.  ;)

The cost works out at £22 per month.  ;D

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-pd-ProductDisplay?PN=NETWORKS.2006.OCTOBER.PAYMONTHLY.O2.SEK800I8MHPLR2&origin=SPECIALOFFER&tabname=HO&slot=2&lid=OFFER2&lpos=mainpanels

Regards
Chris

ps   its a £35 per month tariff with O2, but car phone warehouse do a cash back deal that reduces the price to £22 per month. I have to send statements in after 4 / 8 / 12 months to get cash back, obviously they hope that I will forget to claim cash back  :P
Staffordshire

craigp

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 09:32:20 pm »
i was with Orange also for 6years or so, didnt realise how pricey they are till i swapped to O2

'O2 online business tariff '  im with £16.50 + insurance, a month, more minutes than i can use, and there ALL free, including to other networks. or keep your phone and have sim only contract £11.50 a month.

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 02:10:57 am »
Shaun

I started with Orange and still with them, I did shop around when contract was up, they would not compete with 3.

Think the cheapest option for us is pay as you go, most of the time I receive calls. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mark Stanley

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 12:10:21 pm »
Just changed to 3 mobile 600mins 2000 text £15 per month first 6months, 300 Min's 1000 text for the following 12 months, plus other video stuff and mobile surfing allowance.

One month on - seems OK.

Mark.
NCCA

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 03:53:13 pm »
Mark, seems a good deal, bit too good :D 

my son had a very similar deal with 3, somehow though them bills seemed to get very high for some reason. have you read all the small print?
not knocking it if this is the case!!!
just for warning.

some are even giving away playstation etc now, but I have heard their are hidden dangers lurking :)
 Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 04:04:54 pm »

I nearly left orange, got a pac code and everything. Then I thought i had nothing to lose by ringing them up and asking for the earth. They put me through to this chap who does it all day. Just have the posture that you will walk and you'll be fine.

To my suprise they pretty much agreed. I got a D900 for the 3mp camera, ridiculous amount of texts and xtalk minutes all for £25/month. half what I was paying. The only thing I couldn't shake them off on was insisting on an 18month contract.

They deal was far far better than what's on their website.

Mark Stanley

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 04:07:13 pm »
My wife reads ALL the small print, Shes very good at that.

She says " there were no clauses that you wouldn't normally expect to see in their long winded contracts."

The only problem I was worried about was the coverage.

No problem though, when not in a 3 mobile coverage area, it reverts to O2. ( with slightly reduced service.)

Regards Mark
NCCA

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 06:05:31 pm »
been with 02 for about 5 years, get a great reception
no problems

cost £20..00 per month
includes 200 mins anytime, any network
plus 200 mins free text per month

hardly ever gone over limit

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 06:09:00 pm »
fogot to say, get a free phone upgrade every year

last one was a nokia- shop price £179.99

got mine for free, 

the upgrade is always subject to a 12 month contract

craigp

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 06:31:40 pm »
same as me Colin, 200 mins included, my bills a consistent £22  (02) and i use my phone as much as i like, never even think about it, never go over. its cheaper for me to phone out on mobile than landline!

stevegunn

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 07:05:24 pm »
If you have a contract with O2 worth giving them a ring.My contract was up for renewal explained about the the offers on the net t mobile,3 and vodaphone ideally I would like to stay with o2 but better offers with other companies, I was paying £45 for 500 minutes/100 texts reduced my bill to £20 a month new phone and bluetooth chucked in for free ;D

craigp

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 08:00:54 pm »
i know i was 100 mins, its the 'disconnections department' you need to get on to, there really the 'retaintion department' and have the authority to give you these deals. note how there first question is 'why are you leaving?'

AquaMagic

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 11:04:14 pm »
Shuan if you arent to bothered about a snazzy new handset, i pay £15 per month on a sim only deal with Virgin, for 300 mins and 300 texts which roll over if unused and there is no contract so if something better comes along it can jump on the band wagon, PM we if you need me to dig out an URL.

Dene

venom

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:48 pm »
ive just changed to 02 £35 a month 750 any network any time mins 750 texts a month free phone but had to have 18 month contract but better than vodaphone contract i had for £20 125 mins and no texts rung vodaphone and asked for a better deal and they was not interested

Neil Grainger

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 08:25:44 pm »
Venom

The reason Vodafone were not interested was that you only paid £20 a month.

Phones cost way over £200 and if they dont make over that in calls charges from you they wont give you improved terms.

I spend approx £80 a month Anytime 400 for me and a phone for the wife with Anytime 100. They will give me any phone that I want at renewal but that is only because I make them money and the coverage is the best. remember cheapest is not always best, thats what we tell our customers when we are trying to get business.

All companies will offer good terms for you to change but you wont keep them terms for renewal because they will need to make thier money back.