This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pylofm

8mm minibore
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:31:34 pm »
I have today used my new set-up...which included 8mm hose....I have to say that my old normal 1/2" hose is prehistoric compared to the new 8mm stuff.....

It is absolutley the dogs danglies....so to all those who have said that 8mm is great....I am now converted and prostrate myself infront of those who previously tried to convert me to the lighter side. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So to anyone that is still using normal hose......try 8mm....it's a brilliant....get some, borrow some, come to think just steal some....but just get some.....

Can you tell that I am a happy camper  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JM123

Re: 8mm minibore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:34:40 am »
been using 100m on one reel for a while now - luvly stuff.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

david68

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:37:50 am »
Where the best place to buy this???

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

JM123

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:43:58 am »
from me!!

just kidding, if you want to buy it online try

www.surecleansystems.com

Ballymena N.I

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:51:15 am »
Just to get this right - are we talking mini or micro here? I've been using micro for four months now and it's wonderful.
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:53 am »
Microbore in Window Cleaning 'lingo' is 6mm ID hose and we find it even better than Minibore, due to its flow controlling capabilities, and it's even lighter to carry!

Alex

macc

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 08:36:36 am »
Same here. I use microbore & think its great.

Macc

JM123

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 11:50:43 am »
we use 6mm on all the reels except one which I kitted up with 100m of 8mm, as I like to use plenty of water the 8mm suits me better, is almost as easy to use as 6mm and I can still get 100m on a reel.  But the best part is the extra flow, thats what i prefer over 6mm.

Ballymena N.I

EasyClean

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 10:17:39 pm »
we use 6mm on all the reels except one which I kitted up with 100m of 8mm, as I like to use plenty of water the 8mm suits me better, is almost as easy to use as 6mm and I can still get 100m on a reel.  But the best part is the extra flow, thats what i prefer over 6mm.
How much heavier is 100m of minibore compared to the same length of microbore. Is it hardly noticeable or significantly heavier when trying to reel 100m up a steep hill. The reason I ask is because I use microbore but find the flow rate is very slow on extremely cold mornings if there's snow on the ground despite using warm water. (Microbore is fine when it's snowing if the water I'm using is hot but not cold).
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

JM123

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 01:33:11 am »
I hardly notice the difference, I suppose it is a little heavier when lifting the reel but other than that I don't notice it.  Normally 6mm is fine for me but in this instance I wanted 100m on a reel so I needed to go for a larger bore. Overall I'd recommend it over 6mm mainly due to the increased flow.

Ballymena N.I

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 11:11:38 am »
http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_52&products_id=293

minibore on a reel

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_41&products_id=265

or by the meter - up to 300m lengths available  :)

The minibore was brought out due to many people having flow problems with microbore and wanting a solution
(Disclaimer - many people get on fine with microbore, but if you don't minibore should sort out the problems)
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise