This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Pain in the rear commercial customer
« on: October 10, 2006, 06:01:38 pm »
I had a cheque today from one of my commercial customers and in with the payment was a note on compliments slip saying please find enclosed payment for last clean will call next time they require cleaning

I dont know if this is the brush of or not, the history behind this customer goes like this

1. quote for cleaning monthly £xxx
2. quote exepted , customer says last guy charged £50 (I quoted 3 times that) cstomer notes I do cons roof so requests this service too.
3. I clean factory & house & cons roof (sweated loads pig of a first clean)
4. customer says thankyou & dont know if they need doing every month, will call you when we require service
5. I say I dont offer as n when service and reminds them I quoted for monthly clean as requested
6. nothing said for next 5 weeks
7. I turn up and start cleaning
8. costomer waits untill half done and says I did know You were coming and didnt we say we'd call
9. I remind customer I dont offer as a when service but if they like I'll make it every other time (and since its good pay didn't increase cost)    customer accepts
10. nothing said for several weeks
11. payment received for last clean ...... with note attached

What do you think .....

I know what I like to say

Chris

williamx

Re: Pain in the rear commercial customer
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:23:59 pm »
Chris

With commercial customers always put the quote down in writing detailing what you are offering and when they try to cancel then you can sue them for lost income.

Also always charge at least double for the first clean.

With this customer you could state that they are in breach of your contract with them and they will be billed for the next 3 or 6 months worth of cleans, whether you clean them or not, explain that a judgement order from your local county court will be taken out regarding this debt.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:32:28 pm »
people like that p*ss me off
wildstyles

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:58:19 pm »
people like that p*ss me off

Me too!

If it's a good account, speak to the guy, face to face and explain yourself.

-------------------------------------

That aside, in every invoice I have to post, I always give a reference to our 'contract'.

My invoices start off with something like:

'Reference:

A.    Meeting with X Manager and Tosh dated 7th April 2004.

In accordance with Reference A, the exterior windows of 'your property' were cleaned on the 24th August 2006.  It is requested that you send a cheque for the sum of XXXX made payable to XXXX etc'

I think it's good to remind your commercial customers of their original agreement.

But at the end of the day, there's not much you can do.

He's obviously after some 'Brownie Points' for saving on the cleaning budget, and if it's a good job, he'll easily get a replacement for you.

EasyClean

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 09:58:49 pm »
Best to steer well clear of this customer otherwise you'll find one day you're cleaning it without his approval and he will class it as a freebie that he didn't ask for. Sooner or later you'll be out of pocket and very frustrated with him. The good faith between you both is lost, so best to forget it and warn other window cleaners you know to stay well clear of him!
If a well priced clean is a bad payer then it's not really a good price! Customer loyalty counts as much as money, if not more!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:01:24 pm »
I feel a well worded letter coming on I think maybe that wiil get things straight

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:13:02 pm »
I turned up at a very small commercial a couple of weeks ago, unrolled hose and a normally surly employee comes out looking a bit embarrassed and tells me they've changed window cleaners.

I bite my tongue, put stuff away and go in to office and say  " I don't appreciate arriving to be told that my services are no longer required, why didn't someone have the courtesy to contact me beforehand?"

Answer:- "Well the guy that did it isn't here and that's what he told me to tell you."

Son of owner comes in and apologises and says he'll find out what's going on and get someone to ring me.

I hear nothing and send a letter saying the essence of I'm withdrawing my services including the cleaning of the owners house (who lives ten miles away).

Verbal Reply "Oh we didn't realise you did (XXXX's) house, the new cleaners don't go out that far, we'll have you back."

My answer:- "No you won't, good-bye!"

(And before anyone tells me I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face, these are very marginal accounts worth £40 between them and I'm glad to be shot of them really.)

It's great being at the stage where I'm not desperate for business.
It's a game of three halves!

Fast 1 *

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 10:23:18 pm »
fair play to ya
wildstyles