This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Toff

Won't pay
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:06:07 pm »
When cleaning shops I Wonder if it would be ok to say that iam going to replace the dirt that i have cleaned off, and then just give the windows a good soapy application. and leave to dry. nothing worse when they will not pay and think because its only £2-3 thats thiers nothing you can do. What do you do?

Re: Won't pay
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:12:49 pm »
Break there windows!  ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:16:31 pm »
rather than using your toilet,over the course of 2 months,crap in bags.then take this fine collection of faeces to the shop and smear it over the windows.When asked what you are doing,reply "s*it happens"  .Failing that,dont do them again
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 04:35:23 pm »
Toff,why wont they pay  ???

Mike_G

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 04:52:57 pm »
Yeah, had that normally through change of management. I have even turned up to do the job and someone else was doing the windows, went in to see the manager who turned out to be a new one, oh sorry i did not realise we had a window cleaner he said I have given the contract to someone else. And they never paid the final bill either, got fed up of popping in and asking for it in the end.

JM123

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 05:11:01 pm »
had this happen once where change of management meant change of wcer,I told him that it was his job to find out if they had a wcer and who that was (me), told him I would continue cleaning as long as I got paid in full, got paid, told I would have to tender for the job - friend who works there told me about an hour before close of applications that no-one had tendered - so I bumped it up from £45 to .......................................

£145

hehehehehehehehehehe!!   :D :D :D :D :D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 09:33:18 pm »
had this happen once where change of management meant change of wcer,I told him that it was his job to find out if they had a wcer and who that was (me), told him I would continue cleaning as long as I got paid in full, got paid, told I would have to tender for the job - friend who works there told me about an hour before close of applications that no-one had tendered - so I bumped it up from £45 to .......................................

£145

hehehehehehehehehehe!!   :D :D :D :D :D

Oh that is so sweet ;D
Oh why does that never happen to me? >:(
 ;D
It's a game of three halves!

simbo

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:37:24 pm »
no pay, then its an egg i'm afraid although must say only had to do it once, childish but made me feel better
simbo

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 09:47:12 pm »
childish maybe..but needed?....oh yes ;)
when I'm cleaning windows

sunshine windows

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 11:04:32 pm »
I think that providing you get your money through whichever means necessary, then this sends out the message that you're not to be messed with.

I'm not talking about doing anything illegal, but threaten them with the small claims court or declare bankrupcy on them.

Remember the golden rule. People talk. Whether it be housewifes nattering over the garden fence or businessmen doing lunch. Stories get passed around and word gets out.

I doubt there's an incident happened on this planet that someone's managed to keep entirely to themselves. We all communicate. Anyway i think you catch my drift by now. Just make sure they pay up eventually, even if it means badgering them until you're 99, because once word gets out that you've been had for a free clean then everyone and their dog will be trying it on.

Lance (As the mounties say, i always get my man) No not like that you pervs  :o
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 01:26:08 am »
Bloke yesterday woldn't pay me.
" What you doin'?" He says " We cancelled you!"
He never did though. I was so tempted to pop my brush in the soil and rubb it on the upstairs windows.  Then If he asked "What you doing?"
I would reply "Putting the dirt back on your windows, don't want you to think I stole anthing from you!!!"

I didn't.....................Far too nice me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest