This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Canvassing made easy
« on: October 09, 2006, 09:13:35 am »
Just to follow on from a previous thread were Glimmerman said he got 20 customers in his first week of advertising. This is very good and fair to play to you.
Someone mentioned that he could double his round by doorknocking but he said (and reah) that it was a bit nerve racking. I do agree with that but remember that it is only the first door you knock on is nerve racking. 2nd door gets easier, 3rd door is even easier and then you are flying. Once you get your first customer you will be buzzing and nothing will stop you. JUST REMEMBER- ONLY THE FIRST DOOR IS DIFFICULT...

If it helps I will tell you what I say when I knock at the door. Learn it off if it makes things easier and Im sure someone else will add to this thread some better things to say so take that on board too.

Make sure you are always dressed smartly when door knocking and clean shaved. You need to look professional and not like a crook. Be polite and friendly and dont address your potential customers as 'Luv' or 'mate'.

When you arrive at the door holding up a one of your leaflets clipped to a clipperboard (.97p at Tesco!!) say ' Hi, Im from XXXXXX Window Cleaning. I dropped this leaflet for window cleaning through your door last week and was wondering if you would like a free 'No obligation quotation' If they say 'no thanks', thank them for their time and say good bye. Dont try and change their mind.
If they say 'yes please' Ask them if it is ok if you have a look around at the back windows and then mention that you will give them a knock when you are finished.
When finished, knock on door and tell them what the price includes (eg, frames, sills etc) before you tell them the overall price.
If they tell you that they already have a window cleaner DONT UNDERCUT THEM!!! there is plenty of work out there for everyone and you will find that having good relations with other window cleaners in your area will be invaluable.   

Hope this helps
Best of luck
Adie
Formerly known as GARGAAX

S_RICHARDSON

Re: Canvassing made easy
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:31:24 pm »
WELL SAID MATE!! :) :)

Mr.G

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:20:21 pm »
that's good advice, I use a similar approach,  but without the leaflets.  Friendly smile- "sorry to trouble you, I wonder if you're interested in having a regular window cleaner?"  If the first 2 or 3 people already have someone, its best to try a different street, sooner or later you'll strike gold, a "neglected" street where they're all gagging for it!

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 02:38:46 pm »
I also use the same technique as you RO-Sheen, My opening line is usually:
 :) (smile first)
"Hi there, My name is Richard Leek, and I have a window cleaning round in the area, I'm just seeing whether you would be intrested in a REGULAR window cleaner?" :)(smile again)

I ALWAYS make sure i wear one of my polo shirts with the company name on when canvassing, and practically everyone looks at it when they open the door. It lets them know you are legit!

[GQC] Tim

Re: Canvassing made easy New
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 04:49:53 pm »
Yea, I made a little ID card that I got on my shirt/jacket whatever, looks legit.

And SMILE!  ;D Just be a general nice guy, sure, some people just have that quality, some don't but it really helps to get the trust of the customer.

Mine goes like this :

Hi, I'm from GQC Window Cleaning, and we are looking for new customers in this area, I was wondering if you'd like a regular window cleaner. etc etc

Real easy, once you get the first new customer, your up in the clouds. ;D