This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julianbiggs

Gloves for the winter other than unger neoprene
« on: October 08, 2006, 09:16:27 pm »
Hi just looking forward to a lovely cold winter coming...Are there any gloves other than the Unger neoprene ones (black and green) to use during the really cold weather ?These are great but they do make your hands sweat, even when you put talc in them.

reah

Re: Gloves for the winter other than unger neoprene
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:19:46 pm »
If you wfp try sealskins but i found these no good for trad as the outer is wet so hard to detail ,but inside is bone dry.
All to do with the layering of the fabrics they use.
Saying that i very rarley use gloves you kind of get used to it as it gets colder.

gaza

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:24:50 pm »
Iuse heavy black rubber gloves ,fill them with water, then empty them out, put on dash, as your driving to get warm , but still wet.
put them on and your body temp keeps them warm inside cus they are still slightly damp. learned  this when I used to do brussel picking by hand in the middle of winter.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:28:28 pm »
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

poleman

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:38:33 pm »

reah

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 09:45:35 pm »
Whats a search button?
Sorry only joking.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:08:16 pm »
Glacier gloves.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 10:31:32 pm »
For three winters I've used unger - this winter I've bought sealskinz but not had to use them yet - will keep you posted.
It's a game of three halves!

WavieDavie

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 11:10:22 pm »
Any neoprenes end up smelling like old socks, and the Omni's smell "stale" but do the business.

Omni's for me.

HOWEVER - the latest copy of the Fed mag and catalogue has just come in and they have "thermal" gloves in there at extremely economical prices. I'll maybe phone up and ask about them and get back to you once I've found out a bit  more.

Watch this space . . .

You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park

ronaldo

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 11:17:49 pm »
Gloves  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

WavieDavie

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 11:25:47 pm »
Gloves  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Don't kid on you're hard - (or I'm happy to admit to being a softy) gloves are the business in the winter.

Davie Park

ronaldo

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 11:51:56 pm »
Couldnt comment on that Davie as i havent ever worn a pair for work, you must be getting old mate.

matt

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 06:15:59 pm »
scuba 5mm thick gloves

steve willetts

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 01:49:43 pm »
Hi Everyone, still new to window cleaning and using wfp system i can see how the cold can effect performance.

In a previous job while i was selling i came across a product called GEL-Guard. This is used under gloves and is a form of sweat inhibitor, so when you use gloves your hands DO NOT soften and crack, i sold a lot of the to latex glove wearers, garages etc.

I can still get the product as i still do some work on a consultant basis when things are quiet.

The product comes in a 50ml dispenser which is easy to carry and you apply a few drops before wearing the gloves and re-apply after washing your hands, seems to last forever and you do not get the "nasty" smell of wearing gloves all day.

Cost is £3.00 per 50ml , its worth a try!

E.mail; Info@brighterexteriors.co.uk

Steve
Brighter Exteriors Ltd

steve w

Fast 1 *

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 03:03:07 pm »
I personally possess tuff hard powerful hands,which i put through a gruelling schedule daily,which includes pouring boiling water on them whilst smiling,then give them a severe going over with a wire brush.I then ask a friend to drop metal 25kg weights from a scaffold onto my hands,which,may i add are resting on broken glass.Then my hands are placed in a vat of salty bleach,whilst a professional dart player throws darts at them.Then i go and do a days work window cleaning in the winter,safe in the knowledge that i dont need gloves.
wildstyles

WavieDavie

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 06:42:51 pm »
Couldnt comment on that Davie as i havent ever worn a pair for work, you must be getting old mate.

Ronaldo - I AM old! Check out our profiles, I've been on the windows for 23 years so when I started you must have still been in school  :'(

Happy to admit to being a big softy who wears gloves in the winter - AND thermal long-johns and vest - AND a thermal Buff round my neck - AND two pairs of thick socks - AND tinfoil under my boot-liners . . .

Davie Park

pylofm

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 07:12:58 pm »
Who has used sealskinz...what do you reckon....? :)

ronaldo

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 07:19:49 pm »

Ronaldo - I AM old! Check out our profiles, I've been on the windows for 23 years so when I started you must have still been in school  :'(

Happy to admit to being a big softy who wears gloves in the winter - AND thermal long-johns and vest - AND a thermal Buff round my neck - AND two pairs of thick socks - AND tinfoil under my boot-liners . . .

Another thing though Davie, its a lot colder where you live than where i live, we,re still working in shorts down here.  8)

WavieDavie

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 11:17:02 pm »
I bet they're thermal shorts  ;)

By the way, it was chilly first thing today but the sun was blazing from mid-morning - I was roasting!

Davie Park