This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronaldo

Re: Jobs you used to do ?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 08:07:03 pm »
Doorman at Bobby,s in Las Americas packed in after 2 years as i was going deaf through listening to the boom boom that the nutters dance to, came back and drove trucks all over europe for a bit and the rest is history  8)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 08:07:44 pm »
Boatbuilder, Window cleaner, Milkman, and Window cleaner

sunshine windows

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 08:16:18 pm »
My first job was a week in wises bakery, then computer training for 2 years with work placements in accounts departments. After finishing the 2 year course i got offered a permanent position in Rover and worked as a press operator and spot welder for 11 years.

Took Voluntary redundancy 2 years ago and temped around for a while, B&Q, Collecting sanitary bins for a day was completely gross. Then worked in facilities in a Network Rail building, left there to work for Wilson Tools. Got fed up of the 11.30am-7.30 shift so went to work for an insulation firm.

Finally left the insulation firm to work for a local window cleaner and got P****d off with him messing me around so decided to go it alone and i'm loving every minute of it.

Jesus, with the amount of jobs i've had recently i'd better make sure i stick with this cause i reckon i'd be pretty much unemployable with my track record.  ;D

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Clear Vision

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 08:25:13 pm »
Well where do I start?

Im only 22 but I bet I've had more jobs than most of you :-[

Green keeper, farm work, fish factory, porter, assistant to an engineer, worked for the body shop :-X, Stockroom assistant, part time cleaner for OCS, night shift worker for menzies (newspaper despatch), parcel delivery driver, car cleaner, joiners assistant, back to fish factory, kitchen fitter,

Now Window Cleaner & I'm as happy as a pig In sh*t.

I just could not settle In any job and I didn't like taking orders and working with lemmings. I have never been so happy as I am now. Come & go as I please & earn as little as I want or as much as I can.

What more can anyone ask for?

Matthew

steveaqua

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 09:07:17 pm »
Graphic Design, Buy and sell used cars (part-time), Promoter of club nights, Limousine Operator, Car Valeting, Window Cleaning

gaza

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 09:18:29 pm »
PRO D J CALLED SCREWLOOSE DISCO ;D

GAZA

EARNED GOOD money but wont tell how much in case BEARS a mole ;)
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 09:23:16 pm »

ducky

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 09:25:12 pm »
nice one ;D
if it cleans we will clean it

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 09:27:37 pm »
Or was it this one.

http://hitman.us/

steveaqua

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 09:29:58 pm »

WavieDavie

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2006, 10:30:45 pm »
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin . . .

Apprentice chef in famous big hotel, was a bit of a naughty boy and got my transfer to an even bigger and more famous hotel knocked back, then did "catering" in two hospitals and decided to pack in cooking!
Started casual for a car hire company - supposed to be a fortnight, that ended up as 6 months and then I was on the office side for two years in Edinburgh and another two in Inverness. That's where I learned that once the top was off a bottle of spirits, it stayed off, and how to disguise the fact you had a screaming hangover when you were at work the next day.
From there I went into forklift hire in Stirling - first on the hire desk and then they put me through sales training and out on the road.
My ex-boss from the forklift sales asked me to join him back in Edinburgh and I was selling off-site storage to cramped offices. Someone I sort of knew was cleaning the windows when I was "in" one day, and said if I ever fancied it, to give him a ring. Some time later the boss thought that he and his son could do my job between them and I was rather handsomely paid off.
That pay-off got me set up in window cleaning twenty three years ago and it's been downhill ever since ;)
Oh, and the guy that I served a halfday apprenticeship with ended up working for me a couple of years ago!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

julianbiggs

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2006, 10:34:27 pm »
Used to be a store manager for Staples, the office supplies and stationary people.  Saw the light, got out of retail, thank god ( not that I believe in him). Have also managed to convince another Staples manager to become a window cleaner...reckon I know about 10 more store managers I can convert!!

Retail is dead

Long live window cleaners !!!

matts

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2006, 10:48:09 pm »
Shelf stacker,painter and decorator,door fitter,labourer and menzies(dayshift,early morning shift,twilight shift and nightshift) now in the best job i have ever had.

vistech

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2006, 10:57:02 pm »
plasterers labourer,brickys labourer, roadworker,
 fence erector ,toolsetter,warehouse work,bar work in spain,boat and window cleaning in south of france,rentboy but im too ugly and ended up in debt and now window cleaning

WavieDavie

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2006, 11:00:49 pm »
now in the best job i have ever had.

Ooops - forgot about that bit, and pimping rentboys  :-*
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

RO-Sheen

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 09:41:53 am »
Quality Systems Auditor for ADC (medical devices company) bored stupid sat behing a desk all day! - much happier now
Formerly known as GARGAAX

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 09:51:15 am »
I worked in a Kebab Shop for a few months, then joined the army at age 16.  I left the army four years ago, as a Staff Sergeant, after 17 years service and became a window cleaner.

Looking at the weather outside, I wish I was back in a nice comfy office!

fishman

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 09:57:45 am »
fishmonger, got out though, something more glamourous than gutting fish, so i chose w/c think i made the right decision.

Toff

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 01:14:32 pm »
Spent 5 years at colleague (did'nt learn to spell) learning to be a welder, then become a window cleaner, i think windowcleaning is a life stlye and it suites me loads of time off.

KJG

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 05:44:06 pm »
Window cleaning since I was 14, will be 40 this month:( Bored to effing death of it.