Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Re: sunday working on residential
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 08:28:07 pm »
I have customers booked into a strict weekly format within my months work.

First batch i tell them i'll be round between the 1st-7th of the month, second batch 8th-14th of the month, third batch 15th-21st, and finally between the 22nd and the end of the month.

If i get behind with my weeks work then i'll clean whatever day it is providing the customer is happy with me doing so. I've never fallen out of this timescale with any of my customers yet so everybody knows i'm regular and reliable which has led to numerous recommendations.

To state that you look like an unprofessional outfit and must be desperate for the money is complete B*****ks in my opinion. Once i've scheduled a customer into their timeslot then i feel obliged to carry out my end of the bargain regardless of what day it is. I feel this makes me extremely dedicated and professional contrary to what others may believe.

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 08:44:21 pm »
I never work sundays and never will to me thats family time.
And its very rare i work saturdays.
The only time i do this is on commercial work and then only if im behind.

I am actually thinking about stopping work altogether on saturdays as i really hate it.

Like squeaky said weekdays for work, weekends for leisure.

Paul

gaza

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:14 pm »
tatman iF SUNDAY IS FOR GOING TO CHURCH,NOT WORKING,
Why does the vicar work on Sundays ?

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

reah

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 09:15:12 pm »
I have never worked saturdays or sundays whilst window cleaning and still get recomendations even when late so much so that i continualy turn work down in a window cleaning saturated area.

Reah

matts

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 10:03:28 pm »
Sunday is strictly family time for me and i imagine it is for alot of other people.So a big no no for domestic.Might be tempted for a commercial job for a couple of hours but not a full shift.

neil100

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 10:38:05 pm »
No way do I work on a Sunday.

You should never have to, If you try to get extra when the weathers good it will tide you over in the bad weeks. Dont price to cheap or invest in a rain mac.

Nel.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 01:32:30 am »
It seems like I'm in the minority but I sometimes work Sundays - especially in Winter when it's easier to get behind..  However, if it's residential, I don't start before 10.30 AM.  I suppose that being single and not having any religious beliefs is a help in this.  I tend to avoid certain places though where I feel I might get hassled - the vicarage for instance  :) .
I suspect that some of this may be regional though.  It seems that further north and in Scotland, life tends to be lived more traditionally.  I'm in the southeast on the doorstep of a major international airport.  Many of my customers work all kinds of odd hours either at the airport or its supply industries.  It's rare that I've been hassled about working a Sunday.  10.30 till 4 is about the longest I would do on domestic though on a Sunday.  I prefer to have a day or so off in the week when places are open more anyway.

When my business was overfull with too cheap work, I wasd a bit naughty on this issue.  One customer regularly hassled me about being a few days late.  She also would hassle me about working in rain.  I got my revenge by going there on a Sunday as I knew it would annoy her.  When she started her expected rant I pointed out the above to her and asked her I was actually meant to clean for her in order to be on time.  Never had another squeak from her   :)

reah

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 04:20:55 pm »
If anyone moans i just drop them.
Unless they have good reason to moan.
I never worry about being late i used to but there is no point any more.
I got into this to be as stress free as possible so worrying if i am two days late is off the agenda.
I am consistant and turn work down everyday and am charging a little more than the others.
So something is right.
Do not mention to the clients you are late most will not even know unless you have made the mistake of telling them you will be due on a set date.
What about holidays being sick and soon to come bad weather.

Reah

JM123

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »
reah, couldn't have put it any better myself.  My view is to only take on work that suits, Sunday commercial is fine as long as the money is good, to balance this out I always make sure to take a day off in the week instead.  I don't care about sundays, yes I have religious beliefs but Sunday is NOT a special day as far as I'm concerned, its not even the sabbath in case anyone is interested.  I don't have children so yes my time constraints are not like most, however I always make sure to take time out for the rest of the family and have no problem with people wanting to keep sunday set aside for family time, its each to their own.  I won't do residential on a sunday unless asked to but even then it'll cost them big money. 

As for commercial, well as some of you here now - I have night time commercial as well as Sundays, like I say, if the moneys good then I'll take it.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 09:13:58 pm »
I also do not work sundays ...but i have done the occasional sunday as requested by the customer if they require the insides cleaning and they need to be in.

However i wouldnt bat an eye lid to work sundays if i had too why not if someone complained to you that "i dont want them doing today its sunday" just remind them of who works sundays

Tescos
sainsburys
morrisons
most retail parks (dfs,b&q etc etc etc)
all fast food chains
every petrol station
vicars
policemen and women,firefighters,nurses and doctors.
rac,green flag,aa
every airport in this country
recyling centres and tips
garden centres
gyms and swimming pools
pubs,hotels,resturants

so when all the window cleaners on this forum blast everyone else for working sundays just remember that every sunday you visit one of the above and you probably have make sure you tell them off for working sundays because you dont.....

JM123

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 09:55:00 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 07:55:50 am »
I also do not work sundays ...but i have done the occasional sunday as requested by the customer if they require the insides cleaning and they need to be in.

However i wouldnt bat an eye lid to work sundays if i had too why not if someone complained to you that "i dont want them doing today its sunday" just remind them of who works sundays

Tescos
sainsburys
morrisons
most retail parks (dfs,b&q etc etc etc)
all fast food chains
every petrol station
vicars
policemen and women,firefighters,nurses and doctors.
rac,green flag,aa
every airport in this country
recyling centres and tips
garden centres
gyms and swimming pools
pubs,hotels,resturants

so when all the window cleaners on this forum blast everyone else for working sundays just remember that every sunday you visit one of the above and you probably have make sure you tell them off for working sundays because you dont.....

Although I do sometimes work on a Sunday on residential work, windowe cleaning is different from the above jobs.  The basic difference is that none of the above professions visit you at your home (unless they want to nick you or put a fire out).  You have a choice as to whether you wish to use the above services.  Visiting a person's home is a bit more intrusive.  I still do it though.  Only ever lost one job through it and she was an awkward customer anyway.  If I had known I would lose her through working on a Sunday, I would have cleaned her place on a Sunday much sooner.

TVCS

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 09:16:58 pm »
We have one customer who wants Sunday cleans only.  The only day he is in he recons.  I had quoted him £15 but when he told me this I upped it to £35.  How come it has doubled he asked.  Thats the price for a sunday was my reply. 
It has worked out to be a peice of cake as it goes.  It takes about 30 mins in total and it is a 9 o clock start.  His wife gave me a £5 pound tip the second time I cleaned there and he gave me some tins of beer the last time.  He claims he feels guilty having me work on a Sunday.

With 2 kids running about  the house a lie in is a thing of the past anyway.

Ant
TVCS

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 10:19:17 pm »
Why what would be wrong with working commercial premises on a sunday when there is no one around, you are not disturbing anyone and its good money?

Yeah, but you'd go round on domestic on Xmas day wouldn't you? ;D
It's a game of three halves!