This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Atwell

sunday working on residential
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:02:47 pm »
Hi guys, when there is a week of bad weather like we have jut had, how many of you would work the sunday as well as the saturday to catch up on the work. Also do customers mind you coming round on a sunday?
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

geefree

Re: sunday working on residential
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:49:10 pm »
i dont yet.... but when i have enough customers i will definately.... but i will ring first explaining ... and to get permission..... just in case they sat with granny having lunch etc :D

fishman

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 05:17:45 pm »
No way no how, Sunday is family day, if my w/c tried to clan mine on a Sunday he would be told "No way mate" i would never consider that option.
If we get rained off that is part of the job and pricing stratagy i would think carefully, having said that if you gain permission i suppose that is ok! some will object some wont but for me its a no no!

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 05:36:41 pm »
I think Sundays should be a non-working day.  If you need to catch up, use a Saturday, or start earlier and work later during the week.

Prior to being a window cleaner, I'd've disliked seeing someone working on my own windows on a Sunday.

I also think it looks 'desperate' and I don't think that's a good image to communicate to your customers.

Jason Atwell

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 06:07:16 pm »
Some good points, had four that i could not finish yesterday, and had considered doing it today, but to tell the truth, could not be BOTHERED! Would you add them onto next weeks work or wait another two weeks, (they are fortnightlys)
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

reah

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 06:10:33 pm »
Suday no way
I think you will get complaints if you do.
I would work a little longer moday and do them then.
You will find customers are not to worried if you are late as long as they get done regualry.
Reah

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 06:24:58 pm »
There is a guy around here who works on a Sunday. Although its common knowledge he spends most of his money on drink and drugs.

if you want that image, go ahead work on a Sunday, but the general perception will be that you are desperate and not a bona-fide business.

If you need to work 7 days for the money, your too cheap.

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 06:30:41 pm »
If you need to work 7 days for the money, your too cheap.

Not completely true... Maybe you just want to earn as much money as you can over a short period of time? Maybe you have some large debts that you want to pay off?

Andy

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 06:36:33 pm »
Maybe true, and good on ya for paying them off, but youl never be taken seriously doing residential work on a Sunday.

JM123

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 06:38:55 pm »
we have a little bit of commercial every other sunday, not much but very good money.  However there's no way we'd do residential on a sunday.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

macc

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 06:42:33 pm »
Not a chance, now & again work a Saturday but thats rare.

If i had a wc & he turned up on a Sunday the only word i would say is SACKED.

Macc

JM123

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 06:48:16 pm »
like I said, its commercial - industrial units where they are working the rest of the week.  The only time they can be done is on a sunday.

3 hrs work (including travelling time) for more than a normal days wage.

Ballymena N.I

Clear Vision

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 06:52:25 pm »
I would never "clean domestic windows" on a sunday as I respect that some people like to treat the day as a day of rest, but the sunday thing wouldn't stop me from working! I used to work at europcar every weekend. Infact Im just In the door now from cleaning a large police station!

I don't object to anyone working on a sunday as god gave us a life to live!
Life can be so short as I unfortunatly found out.

enjoy your life and do as you please within reason.

Matthew
Clear Vision

tatman

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 06:54:42 pm »
SUNDAY WHAT? You must be joking this is a big NO NO. I never work sunday and have never heard of anyone cleaning houses on a sunday.

JM123

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 06:57:58 pm »
Why what would be wrong with working commercial premises on a sunday when there is no one around, you are not disturbing anyone and its good money?

Ballymena N.I

macc

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 07:07:54 pm »
Why what would be wrong with working commercial premises on a sunday when there is no one around, you are not disturbing anyone and its good money?

Commercial is fine, the best time to do it as all windows are closed & usually no one arround.

But domestic, no way.

Macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:12:27 pm »
Never worked a saturday or sunday in my life.
Never will.

Tell a lie, I did have to once....so I quit the following week. ;)

Weekdays for work, weekends for leisure.

tatman

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 07:25:21 pm »
Come sunday is church day day of rest no work etc etc. Never worked on a sunday!!!!!!!!!

Adam Boss

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 08:01:11 pm »
You won't be thanked for working on a sunday!!
EST: 1988

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 08:23:27 pm »
Use Sunday to recharge and relax I find I can work a lot better that way..
Used to work 7 days when I was in the Pub trade and all it does for you is make you depressed and unhappy with your job, hence you never do it to 100% of your ability and you always seem to be trying to catch up with something,
 As for family life at the time you think that you are doing the right thing earning cash for the Family but what you loose and can never get back is the time not spent with them.

Even in bad weather you should be able to make ends meet and if you don't just blag your creditors for more time, I,ve been there, at one stage I even had the Building society trying to get me to sell my car to pay an instalment..
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz