Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grafters Cleaning Services

Why do you all rise to the bait?
« on: October 07, 2006, 01:05:57 pm »
Why do you all rise to the bait?

Just recently there have been lots of threads with trad  versus wfp and every time there seems to be a slanging match, Squeeky versus the wfp brigade.

Most wfp users (including myself) started window cleaning trad methods, since changing over to wfp not only have we discovered it is far safer we also discovered that it is a lot quicker than trad therefore earning us more money as we now have time to spare and can increase our rounds as well as our earnings.

At the end of the day it is up to each individual to decide on the tools for his/her trade as both systems work well, however there are the likes of Squeeky on this forum who will continue to slate wfp without the slightest idea on the subject as he has had no experience using it.
I, on the other hand will no slate trad methods as I do have a lot of experience with it, infact on some jobs i.e. bungalows I still do them trad 

So before all the trad brigade rise in arms saying B*****S try wfp before you slate it and you will soon see how muck quicker it is and earn more money or at the worse get home to your family earlier.

And as for the wfp boys, don’t rise to the bait because you know that we are right.
 ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

neil100

Re: Why do you all rise to the bait?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:34:55 pm »
I'm hooked allready.

Nel :P

glimmer man

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 05:47:39 pm »
dID YOU CLEAN TRAD AT A SNELLS PACE LIKE NEL.IF SO YOU ARE BOUND TO BE FASTER WITH YOUR POLE IN YOUR HAND ALL DAY ;D
TONY

Archy136

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 07:29:35 pm »
Nel earns peanuts :)

steve_t_84

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 07:55:46 pm »
I used to work for a company doing both Trad and WFP (Tucker pole) and I must admit I preferred the saftey factor of WFP.

I'm just starting up (canvassing commences this comming week) and I'll be doing it trad, but that's only because I cant afford WFP.

When/If I earn enough I'm 99% sure I'll invest in a WFP system.

At the end of the day I suppose it all comes down too the preffered method. Some people get more satisfaction out of trad and some just want to get the job done quicker and safer (not that I'm saying trad isn't safe) .

I suppose a very small percentage might be hostile or slightly bitter towards WFP because they can't afford one(don't kill me, just an opinion  ;D)

I for one am a little envious of the wfp guys in town because I wish I could have one. I don't mind trad though, so I kind of see it as a challenge to get my business off the ground and watch it grow to where I can arm myself with top notch gear  :)

I better quit this now because I'll just end up rambling on.......so at the end of the day, who really cares how others conduct their business, Just do what works for you  ;D

neil100

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 07:59:25 pm »
Glimmer man you would end up in tears if you tried to keep up with me trad.

you can write that I am slow at trad cleaning, but I dont know why you write it because you have never seen me work.

I have never ever seen a w/c who is able to climb  a ladder faster then me, I do trad style houses upstairs and down. You might stand a chance if we were only doing bungalows, and thats a big might.

If you use anything smaller then an 18" squgee you are living on a wish and a prayer.

nel :-*

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:18:40 pm »
I'm above average, but not ridiculously fast.

Still, I've done a house next door to one being done by wfp a few times, and I've never lost.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 08:19:01 pm »
I suppose a very small percentage might be hostile or slightly bitter towards WFP because they can't afford one(don't kill me, just an opinion  ;D)

Steve, I think this is a perceptive post, but another reason could be they haven't the balls or the energy to make the change.

glimmer man

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 08:42:02 pm »
NEL DO YOU SMOKE f*gS.i DO NOT AND DO NOT DRINK ALSO. I GO TO THE GYM 3 OR FOUR TIMES A WEEK. I ALSO DO ALOT OF SPORT IN MY SPARE TIME.I THINK IT WOULD BE YOU IN TEARS AFTER A DAYS WORK WITH ME. YOU DO NOT EVEN USE LADDERS OR VERY LITTLE SO HOW CAN YOU BE AS UP TO PACE WITH SOME ONE WHO PRACTISES EVERYDAY. tHE REASON I SAY YOU ARE SLOW IS BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU EARN SO MUCH MORE WITH YOUR POLE.
THERE IS NO NEED FOR THIS IF YOU ARE FAST ENOUGH TRAD.
TONY, AKA TERRY TURBO BURROWS  ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 08:54:39 pm »
Well said.
Use a squeegee and "Box clever" ;D

Now will people stop naming me when talking about anti-wfp posts. >:(

It's not just me.

neil100

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 10:24:00 pm »
Glimmer man glad to see you are fit and go to the gym. I dont. But,

And its a big but, I am older then you I think but I am still very very fit.

I have done sport since I was a nipper and I have had to give up on a few sports that I have loved, like squash and football.

But I have allways done sport and I still do but I focus more on endurance events, like marathon running, Fell running etc. Last year I did the lakes 3 peaks in under 12 hrs which is 48miles with a total hight and Decent of about 12000 feet.

In a sprint you will beat me because of my age and I have lost short term speed, but over a period of time you wil have to be very very good my son. My lad is 18yrs old, hes fit a swimmer and water polo player, Hes tried to get near me trad cleaning and He aint even close.

I had a freind who used to work with me, he  asked if we could go fell walking a couple of months ago, Hes 13 yrs younger then myself and as been training for 9 months, he wanted to beat me to the top of a Mountain. He never.

with w/c you never push the heart rate to high no matter how hard you try, Its down to speed and cordination with balance. I know by instinct and experince the exact hight to adjust any ladder and I only do it once, I adjust on the move and I am moving up the ladder before its touched the wall if I am at race speed, Its no good for health and safety Protocol but its darn fast.

I earn more money at wfp cos its faster. I dont move my van from one house to the next, haveing to reel in and out all the time. I can be on one culdesac for up to three or four hrs at times.

So cos I am faster I earn more money, because it takes less time i have gone out and got newer work that pays me more per hr. I also put my prices up across the board by 20% when I started wfp this year, So its a combination of reasons why I earn more, My son helps me as well and hes nearly triple the speed with wfp then trad w/c.
So though I am earning more then 50% a week with wfp then trad I am not working any longer.

Nel, stay fit and safe. ;D

glimmer man

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »
WAS ONLY JOKING NEL YOU PROBABLY ARE FASTER THAN ME.JUST WONDERED WHO WOULD RISE TO THE BAIT. GET TIMES BY THE WAY FOR THE RUN.fAIR PLAY MATE. SO LONG AS WE ARE ALL EARNING I AM A HAPPY BUNNY.
TONY ;D

neil100

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 12:17:33 am »
You had me well and truly hooked their Tony.

I'm glad I'm not a fish I would not live long, or I would have a very sore mouth.

Nel ;)

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 07:44:03 am »
The subject of the thread is "why do you rise to the bait?"
and then you all start to.

Personally I don't give a dam how I clean the windows so long as the customer pays me at the end of the job and I get no complaints.

However, I got a phone call this week from a lady who wants me to clean her windows because her regular WC has fallen off his ladder and broken both his wrists.
During the summer I picked up several new customers because somebody called Eddie fell off his ladder and broke his leg.
Enough said?

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 10:39:01 am »
if walking was ok why invent the bike
if the bike was ok then why invent the car
if its ok then why improve

because improvment helps and we all accept it

trad is great wfp is safer and quicker its called improvment dont refuse it use it!

rgds
stuart

Pj

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 10:47:08 am »
I'm going for a walk!
I need the exercise ;D

ps. before you start, Ian Giles, this is not necessarily a stupid one line reply!
Think about it guys, we benefit from both sets of tools for todays market.
just as we benefit from modern forms of transport, but we need to walk, also.

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 10:49:33 am »
i only walk on sundays

or the dog does and i follow

rgds
stu

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 04:19:37 pm »
I used to work for a company doing both Trad and WFP (Tucker pole) and I must admit I preferred the saftey factor of WFP.

I'm just starting up (canvassing commences this comming week) and I'll be doing it trad, but that's only because I cant afford WFP.

When/If I earn enough I'm 99% sure I'll invest in a WFP system.

At the end of the day I suppose it all comes down too the preffered method. Some people get more satisfaction out of trad and some just want to get the job done quicker and safer (not that I'm saying trad isn't safe) .

I for one am a little envious of the wfp guys in town because I wish I could have one. I don't mind trad though, so I kind of see it as a challenge to get my business off the ground and watch it grow to where I can arm myself with top notch gear  :)

I better quit this now because I'll just end up rambling on.......so at the end of the day, who really cares how others conduct their business, Just do what works for you  ;D

well said Steve

i think the problems with w/c's that slate wfp is purely that they cannot afford the system, so rather than admit this it's far easier to slate it.

but all said and done, wfp is affordable to all by going up the diy route.
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 04:32:50 pm »
Well said.
Use a squeegee and "Box clever" ;D

Now will people stop naming me when talking about anti-wfp posts. >:(

It's not just me.

Did we rise to the bait???

i think we did ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 06:07:59 pm »
Did we rise to the bait???

i think we did ;D
I wouldn't have done if it wasn't personal as usual.
There's a lot of people who don't want wfp.....why always name me? >:(