This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rs_cleancare

RO
« on: October 06, 2006, 05:25:30 pm »
Hi all, Just after a little advice. I have a 300gpd ro-man and it has become very slow at producing pure water (180ltr in 24hrs). I have changed the micron and coconut filters but to no avail. My mains pressure is at a little over 60psi im sure it should be producing more it's bliming getting on my nerves having the tap running 24-7.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Rob.

drew86

Re: RO
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:51:01 pm »
something seriously wrong there mate, I only have 40 psi but can produce 400ltr in 5 hours, have you tried flushing your membranes for a few hours.
How old are your membranes, they might need replacing,
Drew.
It was this big.

rs_cleancare

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 06:49:32 pm »
I flush them out every day for 5-10 minutes. No i havn't replaced membranes could be the answer but they are a little pricey.
Thought maybe something else before spending £100.
Rob.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:51 pm »
you've changed the prefilter, you've changed the carbon block - hmmm, water pressure good, 60psi, hmmm,  ???

sounds to me like you have a kinked or blocked pipe somewhere, check along the inlet for any signs of this, definitely no leaks?

Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

freshwater

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 07:31:49 pm »
As JM says chck for leaks & kinks, the other thing to check is how much water is running to drain, call RO man and ask them want should be running to drain and check it agains yours. The other you dont tell us is how old is it? It may be time to renew your membranes especially if you are in a hard water area.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

rs_cleancare

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 09:35:42 pm »
It's almost one year old not done a lot of work as i do a mixture of window cleaning and carpet cleaning.
I expect your right need to get my short arms into my deep pockets and replace the membranes.
Im in a hard water area around the 500 mark with the ro bring it down to 22tds.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Rob.

freshwater

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 11:23:25 pm »
RS,

Check all the other things first before spending on new mambranes, but a 500ppm and hard they will be taking some hammer, do you soften first? if not it may be worth considering if it is your membranes that have failed.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 04:45:45 pm »
Ditto Freshwater,

also have you fully turned your waste valve shut again. Also is your waste restrictor shot?

Alex