This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: Reach and Wash
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 04:20:32 pm »
It must of been Roald Dahl who first used thew term Ladderless window cleaning before 1980, he must of known something we didnt

The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me

was a book about someone using a giraffe to do window cleaning

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 04:29:42 pm »
Always wondered who did the windows at the zoo..... ;D

M4RK

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 06:14:16 pm »
There was someone on ebay advertising a round in Barnet recently. It was removed almost immediately because he used the phrase "reach and wash".

Shame I didn't get to see it and I might have been interested.

Mark

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 10:06:26 am »
Hi Everyone,

I may be wrong here, but there are a few things or possibilities that could get around the trade mark issues, but again I must state, I could be wrong.

The trademark was only registered on 25th August 2006. I would assume anyone using it prior to this date, would not be effected by it, plus, I would also assume that if you can prove for example a sign written van was made up prior to that date to, again you would get away with it.

In addition to the above, surely those window cleaners who use Ionic poles, for example the Reach & Wash Mulitpole would be allowed to advertise the fact any way they wish. As they have purchased this and use this, which is named the Reach & Wash Mulitpole.

Anyway just some thoughts that could work for those people whom do use that phrase.

Andrew

jouk45

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 11:24:40 am »
STRETCH AND WASH  ;D
STRAIN AND WASH  ;D
reash and wash its spelt diffrent, you have to protect words that even sound and look the same.
     A COPY RIGHT IS ONLY FOR THE  DESCRIBED LOGO OR LETTERS, FOR EACH SEPERATE LOGO OR LETTERS YOU MUST TAKE OUT ANOTHER COPYRIGHT,
FOR INSTANCE MARKS AND SPENCERS HAS ABOUT 50  COPYRIGHTS TO PROTECT THEIR NAME SO NO ONE CAN COPY, EVEN   MARKS AND SPARKS, YOU HAVE TO COVER EVERY ANGLE SO AS TO STOP ANYONE COPYING, THE ABOVE NAME IS AN EXAMPLE, UNFAIR I KNOW, BUT IF YOUR COMPANY IS WORTH A FEW BOB, ITS WORTH PAYING THE £60 FOR EVERY COPYRIGHT. AND NOT JUST THE ONE COPYRIGHT IS SAFE,

coppershed

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 02:03:27 pm »
The trade mark on the patent web site is REACH & WASH.

So it look like we can still use Reach and Wash, just replase the (&) with (and).

jeff1

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 02:53:59 pm »
How about Reach 'n' Wash

trevor perry

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 05:24:29 pm »
 how about splash and dash
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 05:44:04 pm »
I believe that the issue here isn't merely about being right.  Worst case scenario is that someone uses wording very similar to "reach & wash" and refuses to stop using it.  Ionics then start litigation.  Although you may ultimately win the case and possibly have your legal expenses reimbursed, could you fund the legal expenses until this point was reached?  I suspect that most on here couldn't.
On the other side of that, some may question Ionics' tactic of possibly alienating potential future customers.
In fairness to them, if I had registered a trademark, I wouldn't want others using it but I doubt that I would take it further unless it was another company working in the same general region as myself.  That may be where the problem lies in that everyone in the UK (and some other countries too) work in the same region as Ionics as they are a national company and beyond.
I doubt that this would be seen in the same light as the now infamous MacDonald's' libel case but I imagine most people have more sympathy for the smaller guys when they are up against larger players.
I very much doubt that some small people using the words "reach & wash" impacts on Ionics' profits either.

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 01:05:45 am »
Most web sites when using a registered trade mark of a supplier ect have a small disclaimer saying something about trade marks being the acknolaged ect.

Think we should club together and trade mark "Reach n Wash" just for the hell of it.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 07:54:35 am »
how about splash and dash
How about Bodgit and Leggit? ;D