Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Takings per day we aim for?

35.1%
40 (35.1%)
17.5%
20 (17.5%)
24.6%
28 (24.6%)
9.6%
11 (9.6%)
13.2%
15 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 108

the red carpet

Re: Per Day
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 08:48:46 pm »
I have been aiming for, and getting £250 a day.

Put prices up a touch last week, and am getting my t/m on Tuesday so hopefelly this will raise a bit.

I would like about £500 a day, but would settle for somewere in the middle £300-£400

STEVE PARKIN

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 08:41:52 am »
i bring in £35 a day if im lucky honest, ps heard tax man is watching

STEVE PARKIN

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 08:43:03 am »
off to work now to earn my £35

Glynn

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 01:27:56 pm »
Craipp
yes its too low.
I agree with Shaun.
Regards
Glynn

craigp

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 03:40:17 pm »
 :o  ok, i thought 300 was a good day, ;D normally less than that for me.

Matt Lindus

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 04:02:56 pm »
Its all relevant really guys.
If you use micro splitters you wont be earning much, what with pre vac, pre spray, all that agitation needed, etc etc etc,,,, it takes you all day to do a lounge.

On the other hand the detergent guys who just pre spray n clean using truckmounts earn about £1000.00 per day without breaking sweat.

Matt

lee_gundry

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 06:11:07 pm »
you will usally find that tm operators tend to earn around 4-7 hundred pounds per day.

a good day is a grand which is not uncommen for a tm user.

Lee G

cumbria

the red carpet

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 11:40:33 pm »
Roll on Tuesday :D

carpetguy

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 11:59:19 pm »
The high earnings quoted here don't just come out of thin air, whether it's a t/m set up or any other system.

The work has to be found and the client has to be sold !

If someone is working for a while and marketing their business through the usual channels, they are not, suddenly going to make what was previously a weeks drawings in one  day.

It's totally unrealistic.

Unless, of course, they have pretty substantial commercial contracts, but they don't just happen.

robbie

terrymaloy

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 01:39:02 pm »
Some people on here talk absolute RUBBISH !!!
£300, £400, £500 a day. GET REAL

The guys who make this claim this always seem to be the ones online, sat at their computer, on this forum, and always during the day...

Shouldnt you be out there cleaning carpets and not sitting in your bedroom boasting about what you're supposedly earning ?

craigp

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 02:05:55 pm »
you will usally find that tm operators tend to earn around 4-7 hundred pounds per day.

a good day is a grand which is not uncommen for a tm user.

Lee G

cant see see that, a grand a day! now we are getting far fetched,

you are talking one truckmount one operator here Lee?

Liahona

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 02:30:59 pm »
To jump on the band wagon of Shaun and Glynn the highest option is way too low. On the whole most people agree on around £100 pounds an hour. So if you have your machine running for 10 hours a day then there is your £1,000 for a days work. A lot of people only work a few hours of actual machine time so fall well short of £1,000 but there hourly rate is very good. For those like me, and I have no problems saying so, that charge two or three times what everyone else does  4 or 500 a day would not be much of a goal and or aim. I know this isnt for everyone but if you dont aim for it you will not get it. If you aim for say 200 a day and get it then you will be happy with a poor wage. If you aim for 500 or more and only get 50% of your aim at least although you may have failed you have 50 quid more in your account. As for me and mine so to speak, for 200 quid a day I will either stay at home or do what ever else I want to do. Best, Dave.

craigp

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:57 pm »
there are some carpet cleaners out there earning average of £200 - £300 per week.  mind you there not exactly raising the standards of this industry.

reading what some have said on here i think i should be aiming even higher than i have been. :o

Liahona

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2006, 02:44:00 pm »
Craig, what was your aim? Oh and dont forget I am happy to go out with you on a job of yours to see maybe why you charge what you do and maybe help you in charging a little or a lot more. Best, Dave.

craigp

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2006, 03:00:12 pm »
Dave,

yeah ok that'll be good,

i dont have an aim, just as much as what comes in, i find half the job is getting enough in, if its flooding in i do well,

i'll give you a call this week.

Matt Read

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 06:22:28 pm »
A lot can depend on the area,how affluent it is etc,there are high paying customers in every area i guess but some have a lot more than others.

Although Dave always talks about his high earnings ,you would have to spend a lot of time researching and targeting these types of customers as well as giving an unbeleivable service.

Its not going to be acheivable in the short term,in my opinion it takes five years min, to be an established competant carpet cleaner,then you can move on to targeting the high end market.

As in all trades you can only command top dollar if you have got the experience, training and can sell quite well.

I'd certainly get out of bed for £200 a day,i like to earn more ..sometimes i do ,sometimes i don't but everyday i'm working my business is growing and the more it grows the more i can pick and choose the jobs i want to do, thats my way of looking at it anyway.
Matt

the red carpet

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 06:27:40 pm »
Terry, £300 £400 £500 a day aint that unrealistic trust me.

After just one year in the game starting from scratch i was pulling £250 a day (this is serving middle of the road houses, at not outragous prices)

I upped my prices a touch  just over a week ago, and as yet am getting very little price resistance, this in itself should bring me around the £300 a day mark without doing any extra work ;)

This is with a portable, i am getting my t/m fitted tomorrow so the theory is with all the time saved setting up i should be able to at least squeeze in a  extra little job a day, and there you have it £350+ a day in just over a year.

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 06:41:10 pm »
£ 500 IS WELL REALISTIC , i do that regularly nowadays, using a LM pad system, 9-5 door to door , keeps my time free on all ther days to deal with other stuff.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 06:42:07 pm »
I run a truckmount and on average earn £250 a day, I know lots of truckmount owners and they don't earn £4-700 a day, perhaps I only know the poor ones ;)

I suppose these figure are possible if I went from cleaning one full house to another but on 1 or 2 rooms per job it would meen working very long hours.

OK I'm a lazy git who often is home by 2-3 but for me to earn 4-700 a day would mean me doing twice as many jobs and my marketing can't sustain such an output. You can say charge more to increase my earning but again it would have to double so some customer would go elsewhere meaning I would have to do more marketing.

I'm pleased some are earning such high amounts, its just I'm not one of them :'( :'(

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

lee_gundry

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 06:45:47 pm »
terry maloy

best thing terry is to spend a day with either myself or glynn.

i have had a few of guys who have spend the day with me.

lee g

lake district

cumbria