This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

laddermonkee

chamios leathers
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:02:37 pm »
do window cleaners still use chamios leather for washing the window before polishing it with the scrim, i am thing of taking up window cleaning so i would like to know the latest techniques if anyone could help i would appreciate it thanks laddermonkee.
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

glimmer man

Re: chamios leathers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 03:24:41 pm »
i tend to use a damp scrim first then a dry. mainly use a applicator and squeegee though and detail with scrim. keep a scraper for stubborn spots or birds mess.time has changed though mate. alot of these guys use the latest technology worth thousands of pounds to clean windows with a water feed pole and pure water eliminating the need for ladders.
TONY

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:25:16 pm »
My lord where do we begin

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dai

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:50:01 pm »
I still use one sometimes, or as been said a damp scrim and a drier one.
The fact is that many top openers are quicker done this way than with a sqeegie.
You nearly always have to detail these small windows.
If you have a conservatory with small windows on the top, it is quicker done this way than even WFP. Leather or wet scrim in one hand, a slightly damp, clean scrim in the other. You can leather at the same time as polish.

window pain

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 01:17:35 pm »
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION, THE THING THAT PUZZLES ME ABOUT THE WFP SYTEMS IS THAT DURING THE WINTER, WITH ALL THAT WATER SLOSHING ABOUT FROM THE POLE SYSTEMS DOES IT NOT FREEZE ON THE GROUND BECOME DANGEROUS.