This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julianbiggs

What is wrong with some people ?
« on: October 04, 2006, 06:13:53 pm »
I did a house today, never really liked the woman but she got me in a good mood so when I'd finished I asked if sh'ed like me to quickly do the inside of her french doors as the kids had put their sticky fingers all over them. Yes please she said. Any way, I did them then packed up and tapped on the door for payment £12.00. To which she replied, Aren't you going to charge me for the french doors. No I said, it only took me a minute or two. To my amazement she said I get it, Christmas is coming and you're after a christmas tip!! I said not at all, just trying to be helpful. She then blurted out some rubbish about " well i dont pay the bin man a tip so why should I pay you ? So I said to her i'm very sorry but I haven't mentioned tips at all, you have!!  All I have done is clean a couple of your windows for nothing, it's called courteousness, you should try it!!

I WON'T BE CLEANING HER FRENCH DOORS AGAIN THE GRUMPY COW!!!

Helen

Re: What is wrong with some people ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:19:39 pm »
there's just some people that it isn't worth being good to, yet others??? ;D

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 07:19:24 pm »
Sounds like my mother, never happy.

fishman

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 12:27:08 pm »
On the subject of grumpy women, i had just cleaned her house for the first time and was followed around to every window.
When i began doing next door i explained to the home owner that i couldnt clean her bedroom window as her decking was like an icerink, she agreed and was happy for me to leave it, upon which the lady next door ran from her house shouting"you have been paid to clean all the windows and that is what you will do" i explained that it was none of her business and that she would be cleaning her own windows in future, myself and the homeowner laughed and she retreated back to her kitchen, i ask you, SOME PEOPLE!

JM123

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 12:58:26 pm »
Had one woman tell me it was trad way or the highway, I took the highway, she then followed me down the estate telling me I HAD to come back and do her windows the old way - told her to get someone else, she insisted, I told her not to bother me again - passed the job onto a friend (still trad but we'll convert him soon), told him about her, he charged her £25, I only charged £8!!

moral of the story is that there is an opportunity in every scenario.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 09:24:53 pm »
These are classic! Anyone got any more?
It's a game of three halves!

neil100

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 10:03:46 pm »
I did a first clean last Friday.

I was wfp the upstairs bay window, As I am cleaning the window I cant help but  notice that the chap next door is having a quick 40 winks in his chair in the downstairs bay window.

Shucks I think to myself, I was hopeing he would be watching, He might be so  impressed with the job I am doing that he will come out and ask me to clean his windows.

I just finnish the upstairs front windows and This chap comes out of his front door and walks towards me. GREAT I think to myself  hes going to ask me to clean them,
another customer.

"OY YOU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING STOMPING ALLOVER THAT GARDEN"

I'm not stomping, I have stood on the grass to clean most of them, And I had to put my foot on the soil for balance to clean the far right window on the bay.

NO YOU HAVE BEEN STOMPING OVER THE PLANTS< I HAVE SEEN YOU

I have not. If you care to have a  look you will see my carefully placed footprint thats been left in the soil between the plants. No plants have been stood on. Come and have a look.

EXUCES EXUCES, I HAVE JUST WATCHED YOU STOMP ALL OVER THOSE FLOWERS, I DO THAT GARDEN, I AM WASTEING MY TIME IF YOUR GOING TO COME AND TRAMPLE ALL OVER THE GARDEN WHEN YOU CLEAN THE WINDOWS.

I havent .....

WASTE OF TIME I WILL TELL HER. YOUR RUINING THAT GARDEN.

He turns round and stomps off backinside.

He never even looked at where my footprint had been. Now I am thinking will she cancell with whatever story he tells her. Not to worry I recevied her check today with a big thankyou. she was deleighted with the windows.

It does not look like I have much chance now to clean next door.

Nel.