This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

Domestic Customers Fogging you off!
« on: October 01, 2006, 08:42:06 pm »
Firstly hello all! I'm new to the forum and what a great place it looks!

Just been chasing old debts today as i used self addressed envelopes so people can send in cheques. Most of my customers are fine but hate the ones that say "you haven't been" or "I never recieved an envolope so how do i know you've cleaned them" like i say most of my customer base is fine but there are people that try it on, i find it hard to keep my cool and today was no exception. i feel like saying how would you like it if you went to work and your boss said i'm not paying you for tuesday as i didn't see you! really p**ses me off! so anyway reluctuntly he said he will send payment but he cancelled in the process...bloody idiot!

many of you guys get mucked about? ifso how do you deal with them??

reah

Re: Domestic Customers Fogging you off!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 08:49:11 pm »
Hey
If they start to become lazy in paying then i do not clean them.

Stick to the good customer base you have.
As you know there are times clients do honestly forget or go away or have a crisis at home these you can live with,but consistent bad payers get struck off the book.

Get the payment first them just do not go back.
Why waste your time.

mgba_78

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:55:57 pm »
I have a couple of troublesome customers like this, i have been using the envelope thing for a month now and it working pretty well.

I think the thing to do is find work to replace them then if they're that much hassle then drop them.
I know when im full up which will be early next year i have a "hit list" of droppers, only a few but they are just pains >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
My fav customer who hadnt paid for 3 months :o im sure was always in every time finally caught her last month, wasnt going to clean it unless she paid up but when i knocked i heard a kiddie shout and then came to the door 3-4mins later she came, made her excuses then said, "oh i have money today" LOL sort of meaning she didnt have money last times!!!!!!

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

steveaqua

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 09:00:04 pm »
They would of been struck off if not cancelled on me! All i'm saying is that dealing with these pratts sometimes i wouldn't mind slapping them (only messing) It does bug me though and normally tarnishes my day as i take it quite personally, i know that this is the name of the game and it will always happen but i guess i was just seeing if there were any pratices people have in place for these divs.

I had a friend years ago that was a WC and once he never got paid so he went back when they wern't in and pee'd through there letter box! I know this is naughty and i would never dare do anything like this and i'm not even remotely encouraging it... but it did make me laugh!

steveaqua

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:06:09 pm »
made her excuses then said, "oh i have money today" LOL sort of meaning she didnt have money last times!!!!!!

Andy
I had another customer today telling me that her husband had left her, she ain't got no money she's lost her job...blah blah blah

I'm thinking well which one is it? surely you can't be that unlucky i'm thinking you'll do anything to get out of it. I gave her till Wednesday ain't i kind :)

reah

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 09:19:59 pm »
It realy is not worth getting angry.
Just collect and move on.

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 09:27:20 pm »
I know what your saying maybe i should just calm down a little. maybe  i just needed a rant after the day i've had ;D

glimmer man

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 10:41:56 pm »
if you can afford to lose acustomer mate just drop the tight arse s and try to replace with a new punter.Happy days. :)

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 10:53:54 pm »
i obviously don't lke losing customers but i will drop the truoblesome ones, thank fully theres not a lot on my books but i guess i'm a little p**sed how some people take the mick, like i ain't got a family to support...know what i mean?

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 01:18:41 am »
i obviously don't lke losing customers

My definition of a customer is someone that "hires you to supply a service in return for payment"

or another way to look at it is "if you aint getting payed, they aint a customer"

corinvid

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 05:36:41 pm »
Had a good one today...
A lady owes me for three months @ £3.00 (I know cheap, but it's only 2 windows).
Went to clean today and no cash! So no clean!
As I was cleaning next door (who just paid me 6 month in advance) the husband (a mini cab driver) pulls up and I go and ask him for the cash and he says he's only got £10 on him, so can he pay me £6 for now?
Now he owes me £9.00, so I ask him how would he like it if he drove a customer to there destination and then they 'asked can I pay you next time' or 'I've only got half the money'??
He didn't get it at all....   So DROPPED!!
Why do people feel it's ok to get a service and not pay?

steveaqua

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 05:59:44 pm »
cause their divs!

i was on the war path today had the hump about outstanding debt so pressed a lot of my customers and came out of it a lot richer  ;D and i got a lot of work done!

petski2

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 09:13:08 pm »
We have one certain customer who always forgets to send the cheque.
Thing is we always get it but its always 1 or 2 months late,she knows our rule,3 cleans without payment then no clean until paid.
Anyhow recieved her cheque last week for 3 cleans.(whoohoo)
Returned to us by bank as it bounced. >:(
Its very confusing as I know she is a genuinly nice and honest woman and I know we will get the money.
I have a feeling the poor lass may be losing it. :'(
This is the same woman that gave me a £20 tip at xmas. ::)

steveaqua

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »
had a guy ring me today from australia! he owes 2 months, apologised and said he would send it to me, shows some people have a good heart

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 04:23:20 pm »
I get it all the time i don't use envelopes just go collecting and ask for it. All the time  i get people saying " Come back next week" or "can i post it through your letter box next week" or even " i havent been paid yet you'll have to wait" Gosh some people!!!!