Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roundbuildersuk

Roundbuilders
« on: September 08, 2006, 07:54:16 pm »
Hi guys and girls, this is just to re-introduce ourselves "Round Builders UK".

We are a close nit all female round building service. We only employ canvassers that are adults, who are professional, reliable, presentable and personable. We use a natural, non pushy door knocking technique which has proven to be very successful with an extremely low cancellation rate!

We have found, from previous experience, that our female work force have been able to build rounds quickly for local window cleaners and we are therefore looking to offer our services nationwide.

We offer a competitive rate to our customers and very fair payment terms for our work.

If you are interested to find out more about how we can develop your business and expand your turn-over ... please email us(roundbuildersuk@hotmail.com).

References available upon request. We'd love to hear from you!

From "The Round Builders UK" Team
roundbuildersuk@hotmail.com

JM123

Re: Roundbuilders
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:36:28 pm »
what if a customer cancels - will you refund the value of the clean from the bill? 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:02:56 pm »
very fair payment terms

I take it that would be you get the work and payment in full on completion.

Paul

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 10:01:46 pm »
Not much in there profile

eddie d

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 12:04:47 pm »
why do you not answer information requests or calls  :(

bit of a strange way to run a buisness .

r you still in buisness ???

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:29:09 pm »
No personal name, no phone number, no website, no history, just a hotmail account! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

WCE

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:38:26 pm »
Just like I was saying to wcr the other day I would never use a company that seemingly cant respond to peoples questions (have you got something to hide?) Why are you now using hotmail when you had a different  email address on your website? What do you do about cancellations? What are the payment terms and what is your U.S.P apart from being all female which makes no difference to me What about sex discrimination if you run a all female team then obviously you would only employ females. the reason i ask the last question is because personally I can see the potential for future legal problems and I wouldn't want to employ you to do the canvassing only to find that you have gone out of business because you overlooked this piece of employment legislation. Also what experience of window cleaning do you have? Who sets the prices?  Whats the average sign up rate when canvassing and what percentage of that  is the average cancelation rate? I.e one night you knock 100 houses, 10 sign up, thats a 10% sign up. However, if 2 then cancel then that leaves 8 which means sign up rate is 8
% and that means that the cancelation rate would be 20%. Using that formula whats the averages? Are cancelations replaced or refunded or nothing?  Also how long have you been established and how many rounds have you built? Also if you get work that comes in months later do you pass that on to clients in that area and if so what do you do if you have more than client in the same area and they both want that job. How do you decide who gets it? So come on roundbuilders as i've said before I may be interested in using a canvassing company if they convince me that they are reliable, honest and up front about the service they can provide with some proof of past success. I am sure that I am not the only person who thinks this so come on roundbuilders (or any of the other canvassing companies who can answer the above) Convince us!   
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Stevie G

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 05:26:08 pm »
calm down lads. www.roundbuilders.com. they do some work for me every
few months. in my opinion, i dont think there's a problem using just girl
canvassers. i think you'll find there's lady only cab drivers, decorators,
hairdressers, insurance etc. as for there pricing very good. ive used
guys 3/4 times over the last few years and believe  me the girls do a much
better job. i did get an email last week saying that there up north somewhere
this week i guess that's why no replys. but can i say before or if anyone
replys to this gemma, or roundbuilders is nothing to with me other than
a contracted working one.

WCE

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 06:33:47 pm »
what do you mean calm down? I only asked because before I was seriously considering using a canvassing company until i heard the comments on here. I mean you have jumped to roundbuilders defense and so have others for the other   companies but you seem to be in the minority most posts seem to me to be about problems the biggest being down to a lack of communication. This is the biggest gripe followed closely by confusion over a clear policy on replacement/refunds of cancellations ( and in some cases it would seem what is actually a cancellation).  After being on here and reading the comments about canvassing companies if I was to start my own canvassing company the first thing I would do is find a way to address these problems then worry about promoting my service. Just so you know  I run my own window cleaning company (nothing else) and I have been a member here for a few months but rarely post i enjoy reading the different topics as in general i have found members comments genuine (except about earnings (jdemarco in particular!!!- I mean best bit is he uses a trolley system (like me) but does all this work which means ether he charges through the roof  (i.e about £50 for a 2 bed terrace or he is using a petrol tanker to cart the water around) ( by the way jdemarco what vehicles do you have/use?). If a member has said something they believe in and someone tells them they disagree they are quick to jump to their defence . My point there is people are saying that they await responses etc from roundbuilders and the others. In this case they have become so fed up with waiting for a response that they have posted on a public forum about it despite the post being started in september. That means that these people have been waiting anything up to 9 weeks for a response and you wonder why i am saying that I find it hard to trust them? If and when these companies prove that they have sorted the problems out i will seriously consider using them but until then personally they stand no chance.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 06:48:44 pm »
I think there is problems with every canvassing company, I have spoke to most, some I have used, some I will not, and some I would never use, or use again.

the main problem I have found is:

1, they advertise and when you ask them to do it they cant, not yet to busy.
2, they work for you and dont get what you want.
3, you email and get a reply a week or so later
4, they do work for you and get one-off cleans (that you pay more for)
5, once they have done work they dont call you or let you know whats going on
6, they give it the big we can do this can do that , then not deliver.

I know one of these companies have reformed sacked the problems and are going forward, other still do the same and dont listen, in a few years some of these will not be around and I would lay money on it.

RANT OVER

WCE

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 07:00:39 pm »
Fair play window washers I agree. That is exactly the point. Only the ones who learn this will survive Also further to my last but one post, Yes there are companies that have e.g female cleaners only but i think you will find that the work they do is in situations where is isn't possible to use males ie they clean female changing rooms at a sports centre and the legislation regarding discrimination has excemptions regarding this but as a general rule  you cant descriminate against certain sexes in the same way that you cant against disabled people. I seem to remember a company on dragons den that was going to be a female only builing comapany and one of the reasons the dragons wouldn't invest was for this exact reason so i would be interested to know how they got round it.     

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 07:05:42 pm »
Fair play window washers I agree. That is exactly the point. Only the ones who learn this will survive Also further to my last but one post, Yes there are companies that have e.g female cleaners only but i think you will find that the work they do is in situations where is isn't possible to use males ie they clean female changing rooms at a sports centre and the legislation regarding discrimination has excemptions regarding this but as a general rule  you cant descriminate against certain sexes in the same way that you cant against disabled people. I seem to remember a company on dragons den that was going to be a female only builing comapany and one of the reasons the dragons wouldn't invest was for this exact reason so i would be interested to know how they got round it.     
discrimination  is the keyword there.

Thing that makes me laugh is this, there are companies men only and female only, both advertise this. Why I dont know, little quirk maybe.

Woman on there own good, men on own also good. discrimination again one will lead to drop in work FACT. GIMINCS only work for so long before they loss the gimick patter IMO

WCE

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 07:08:18 pm »
 window washers you are a prolific member, if the problems you mention were addressed and you had a need for it would you then consider using these companies? 

WCE

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 07:10:48 pm »
ps i mean that as i am classed as a newbie so maybe others won't take me seriously.

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 07:15:17 pm »
window washers you are a prolific member, if the problems you mention were addressed and you had a need for it would you then consider using these companies? 
Prolific member  :o
I have used contacted and used many of these companies.

There a a couple I would use one is high priced, the other a company that others on here slated big time, but have reformed and sacked the person that was the problem.

So yes.
I will not say company names of people that I know not to use or that just IMO will not cut it will my company:

the two I would are Cleanermarketing and PDS I think both are on here but dont post to much

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 07:16:47 pm »
ps i mean that as i am classed as a newbie so maybe others won't take me seriously.

some people do not take newbies as serious, I dont I treat everyone the same  ;)

WCE

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 07:23:45 pm »
Thank you window washers i like your website by the way!

john tomkins

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 07:46:35 pm »

Don't go telling him that ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 08:39:00 pm »

Don't go telling him that ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Shhh John.  :P

Thank you WCE  ;)

colley614

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 10:13:11 pm »
I've used Gemma at round builders before and I must admit they did a good job for me. If you had the money to get them working for you for one month every day. I believe that they could knock you a £50,000 a year business up.