This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: Tips for making WFP easier
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 08:35:27 am »
Rather than a clip on your waist Cyberseye, we use flow valves on the pole hose. Gives full control with just a twist of your fingers.

Alex

david68

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 03:44:06 pm »
I would have thought the clip could be placed right below the pole.
Where the flow valve needs to be further a way.
I think im right?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

pylofm

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 04:21:56 pm »
If somebody could really explain the process of cleaning a window using WFP and the time I should take....I would be eternaly grateful...as at the moment all my cleans are 1st cleans and I can make a easy job very long and complicated ... ;D

The more idiot proof the explaination the better it would be ;)

Cheers
Dave.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 04:39:43 pm »
If somebody could really explain the process of cleaning a window using WFP and the time I should take....I would be eternaly grateful...as at the moment all my cleans are 1st cleans and I can make a easy job very long and complicated ... ;D

The more idiot proof the explaination the better it would be ;)

Cheers
Dave.

There is a good A-Z list on another forum.  If you make your email address known, I will post you the link.  I can't do it on here because the filtering software won't allow links to the other forum to be posted (it changes them). If you use the other forum, look for the A-Z bit in the WFP section.

pylofm

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 07:15:22 pm »
Many Thanks sys_engATyahoo.com ( replace the AT with @).

Thanks
Dave.

david68

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 07:35:00 pm »
Shiner could u send me the link my email please.

Thanks Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

cybersye

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 08:35:07 pm »
Rather than a clip on your waist Cyberseye, we use flow valves on the pole hose. Gives full control with just a twist of your fingers.

Alex
cheers Alex
I did think of that option, but i have a home made pole, well half home made and half butchered from my old powerpole from omni, I have the option of adding or removing up to 4 sections as job requires, a flow control would be a bother because I would'nt be able to pull the hose through the sections to remove or add them.
Simon

james cairns

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 10:18:32 pm »
quuestion for alex gardiner

alex I believe that you place your pole control on the hose say about 2 metres
from the bottom of the hose when fully extended, when the pole is closed then this valve would go to say 14 ft away from the pole when it is closed
creating an up down process to pickup the valve.After a day of this process would it not become a pain

I was thinking if the valve was placed on the pole on the bottom section and the hose placed outside the pole would this not give easier access without all the bending

any solutions to get around this is greatly appreciated

jinky

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 10:19:08 pm »
f somebody could really explain the process of cleaning a window using WFP and the time I should take....I would be eternaly grateful...as at the moment all my cleans are 1st cleans and I can make a easy job very long and complicated ... Grin

1st cleans will allways take longer but price accordingly.
After the initiall first clean every clean after will become quicker and quicker untill your doing a 4 bed house in 10 mins .

WFP may be slower on small bedroom properties but when you start cleaning 190 lead glass windowed hoses and 100 apartment blocks then WFP really is the bees knees without a doubt.Conservatory roofs,fascia boards,etc etc

Thats where the better paid jobs are.

Also i have flow valves on all my poles and only switch off when i need to put the pole down otherwise kink your hose it will stop the flow of water and is much quicker than turning your water valve on and off

james cairns

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 10:25:32 pm »
easy thanks -- simple but effective

jinky

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 10:28:57 pm »
jinky you will be suprised how much time you will save by kinking the hose ...loads ...more time more money

Lee.

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 11:11:58 pm »
Jinky,
I have bought a pole from Gardiners with fitted flow valve. I have simply cable tied mine to the pole with plastic ties. Works a treat! my friend with a very expensive system has to go back to his van to adjust flow. He is very envious ;D
I wouldn' be without it.
Lee

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 11:21:08 pm »
Shiner could u send me the link my email please.

Thanks Dave

Link sent to both Daves

P®oPole™

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 11:40:04 pm »
Ok i will throw a little tip in here fellas.

For van mount users, controlling hoses is an easy thing when you know how but at first its an absoulte nightmare hoses tangled and everywere, you know the one.

Allways keep them neat, when you arrive outside your next house take the end to were your going to start at the front of the house, then start pulling the rest around the back, side alley or whatever, judge about half way how much you will need alltogether adding the bit thats around the front, if you know what i mean.

thats the best way i have found, ive tried all that winding it up in a pile in front of the drive then turining it over to just pull out but it allways gets tangled and you end up dragging the bloody pile and it gets caught.

All simple stuff fellas but I hate it when hoses start playing up snagging, tanglling and just basically winding you up.

Regards
ProPole

Roy Harding

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 08:54:39 am »
Also I have found that if you have to take the hose around lots of cornners to get to the back of house. I allways start at the furthest window. Take the hose trolly to the back of house pull out the hose to your first window then pick up the hose trolly and walk back to the van, the hose will unwind as you walk arround the cornners and it is far the best way.

Roy

P®oPole™

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 03:56:28 pm »
Thats the one Roy start at the window furthest away, never done that taking your reel with you, seems like a good idea.

Another tip for you guys, when raising big poles allways keep your mind on the job especially if your raising them along the ground and walking them up, check every section clamp make sure there all tight check the brush and also check the butt ring making sure theres nothing stopping the sections going back in.

Rember to check if theres enough room to lower the pole as this can sometimes be a problem you can raise them in small gaps but lowering them is a different story, dont rush about with big poles and have someone working with you.

When moving them to next window etc put the butt ring into the ground and whip the top of the pole out from the builidng shuffling it along the wall depending how far it is you mite need to keep putting the bottom into the ground and whiping and shuffling the big beast down to the next window.

When i first raised my 60 I never had anyone to show me how, or guide me on the correct method I just craked on, just rember it wont snap when going up there built to take it.

Ladders

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 05:15:18 pm »
Yes i have done the same as Lee, put a peice of velcro on my pole and used cable ties to put the flow control valve onto my pole, simple and effective.

Jeff.
For every problem there is a solution

EasyClean

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2006, 10:06:33 pm »
I have a fixed hosereel in my van and when I'm reeling the hose back in I cup a beermat in my hand and let the hose slip through this so I can reel it in really quick to prevent friction burns. Also, if it has been raining and the ground is all wet, sometimes all the dirt is picked up by the hose as it's being reeled back in. By reeling it back in with a thick cloth cupped in your hand, all the dirt is trapped in the cloth and not cutting your skin with little irritating nicks.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

P®oPole™

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 09:55:27 pm »
PIC 1/  Tennis ball tip I heard on hear some were works a treat with this minni keyring ball I found lying around.

PIC 2/ Flow controll I knocked up out of a bag of spares I have. Nice to have close by.

P®oPole™

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 09:59:27 pm »
I know I know the protecta floor could do with a clean, I do usually do it every couple of weeks. ;)

Another tip, I simply spray pure water onto the floor scrub it with a dolly and blade it straight out the back, sorted.

ProPole