This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

farkam

subcontract procedure?!
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:18:55 pm »
Hi guys,

How do you subcontract your wfp work? i mean a procedure, paperwork etc. Should i be aware of something else, for example, a subcontractor stealing my work out after the couple of cleans?! who knows  :-\
I would really appreciate if i you can provide some paper, contract samples etc.
many thanks  ;)

P®oPole™

Re: subcontract procedure?!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:59:10 pm »
Get people you can trust mate.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 07:33:14 pm »
I've been a sub-contractor for a handfull of jobs when I first started.

I had to clean the properties at the agreed intervals, get a 'we've cleaned your property; are you happy with it', document signed by a person from the establishment; and once a month I'd send the 'documents' off to my contractor and he'd send me a cheque.

Now and again he'd need reminding; but generally was extremely good at paying.

I must admit, I did try and poach one job from my contractor; but never got it, but they are a big company and we were naive.

My advice would be, if you do find a good sub-contractor, ensure that you pay on time, even if you don't pay well; because your business is easily replaced.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:34:20 pm »
Oh, we also had to provide proof of our public liability insurance; and send a photocopy of it before we were given the contract cleaning jobs.

farkam

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 08:44:00 pm »
many thanks guys  ;D

just quick question, what type of payment do you usually accept from commercial work? say for £450-500 job.