This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pat Purcell

WFP over 45 ft
« on: August 07, 2006, 04:18:09 am »
Just a question Im not trying to create a controversy about wfp versus trad but i was wondering if any hi-rise wfp users could tell me is a wfp able to get windows above 45 ft as clean as if you walked up to a first floor window and squeeged it, the reason i ask is that i have a rule of thumb that i will wash a window any way possible as long as the end result looks as good as if i had just walked over to it and washed it  If a wfp can do that then the next question is to what height can it do that. I normally abseil anything above what my 40 ft ladder cant reach but i would love to reduce the amount of abseiling i have to do, I started out in the 80s using di water to wash windows so i do realise all the hassels involved but most of my commercial work now is under 150 ft and the majority is under 80 ft but all of it is very high end where no excuse is acceptable so the results would have to be as i said like i walked up and washed it. any honest answers would be appreciated                                                                                                                                 this question is coming from the US but you lads are at the forefront of wfp so thanks in advance for any responses
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Jeff Brimble

Re: WFP over 45 ft
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 04:53:06 am »
Its a very good and contoversial question. I think the answer lies with the type of glass, the period between cleans and the type of dirt. with glass that sheets then yes you will get as good a job, If the glass is one of two types that have any sort of coating or process that makes the water form into droplets rather than sheeting then it depends on skill and experience.                              If he dirt has a lot of traffic wax or airoplane fuel or salt then its going to take a load of rinsing. Initial cleans and long periods between cleans will mean lots of rinsing. I think that your side of the pond there is only Tucker that go to 80ft and I would suggest that a two man operation, The Ionics lightened ergo carbon fibre pole is over there I think under the Eagle brand and reaches 65ft again its hard work at that height and should be a 2 man operation or 1 taking breaks. The latest kid on the block is  converting  carbon fibre fishing poles which should do 70ft 1 man operation and  are very light.. They are yet to be accepted but are an answer to RSI.

sair

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:06:29 pm »
i have seen the light and accepted  i now have a 65 footer  super ultra light ,
one man usser.
will push it to about 80foot just to see have a couple sites where i can play with out endangering any one

Essentially Pure Ltd

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:48:53 pm »
When your in your chair you can feel and listen to the drag on hphobic glass, there is no slip and the rubber pulls and judders on the glass, but at the heights you work ther should only be glass that sheets, so you should be ok. I would start taking notes. If you intend to change over some day, use only gg3/gg4 as there is no salt in it and makes the transition to wfp easier. Cheapest way to experiment is an agri pump sprayer and buy some water, I think thats how Gary Mauer started. Wfp is faster but the higher you go the harder it gets. Unlike chair work you cannot do it all day.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:04:46 pm »
Thanks for the replies .over here most buildings are once ayear maybe twice so it seems like the wfp would take longer as the windows are pretty dirty, As far as experimenting well I have used DI water to clean windows up to 45 ft so the onl;y thing would be to get a very large pole which is a rather expensive experiment as there is nobody around here to borrow one off
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland