van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Help with a letter please.
« on: August 06, 2006, 06:08:36 pm »
I need to put up all my prices and I'm rubish at writing letters ( as you can probably tell from my posts and spelling ;D)

I need to put them up by quite a bit as they have'nt been put up In 3-4 years.

I dont care If I loose some as I have too much work to get through.

Any sugestions on what should be said In the letter?

Obviously I will want to thank them for there custom and maybe mention due to high prices In fuel and running costs I have no option to increase the price.

Any advise would be more than welcome on how I should word the letter.

Thanks

Matthew
Clear Vision

DaveBrown

Re: Help with a letter please.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 06:23:25 pm »
Just my opinion mate but I would try to speak to them face to face. I think its more personal that way and that people would be less inclined to cancel. Tho I will agree that with a letter it is easier to "blanket" increase all your customers in one go.

Dave

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 06:43:55 pm »
Just my opinion mate but I would try to speak to them face to face. I think its more personal that way and that people would be less inclined to cancel.

I never see a lot of my customers, so speaking to them face to face Isn't really an option.

You mention that people may cancel due to a price rise. Thats what I want  ;D

I have too much crappy houses that I don't charge enough for so I would be happy If they cancelled my services.

I have some houses that I charge £4.00 which should really be £6-£8

I was thinking of adding on maybe £2 to most of my customers and a £1.00 to the rest.

Any ideas how to word the letter?

Matthew

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 07:38:43 pm »
hhhmm...wot about

Dear............,
                          firstly I would like to thankyou for employing me(my company) to clean your windows.

Unfortunately due to rising prices in fuel and my business running costs, I/we will have to raise the price per clean of all the properties on my round to £.....   but am hoping that you are happy enough with my services to continue employing me. 

I do hope you understand this, you are a valued customer and I would appreciate youre continued support,
but, I will understand your decision either way.

Thankyou
clear vision
when I'm cleaning windows

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 07:40:15 pm »
Dear Customer,

I am writing to inform you that due to soaring fuel costs and bank charges, along with steadily rising inflation I feel forced to increase my rates to maintain your window cleaning service.

You may feel the rise is substantial but as I have held my prices for at least four years I cannot absorb costs any longer and with new investment needed to meet Health and Safety legislation I hope you understand my position.

The new rate for your property is £XXXXX.

Thank you very much indeed for your continuing custom and if you have any questions please call me.

Kind regards,

Raggit and Runn (AKA Squeaky Luddite Klean) ;D

(FWIW I think a letter is better as it gives them time to think before reacting negatively.)
It's a game of three halves!

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 08:06:47 pm »
Thanks denis and Malc(G)old.

Both are very good but I think I will go with Malc(G)old.

I forgot to mention to you that I have put some of my houses up a few months ago by 50p. I know I should have put them all up at the same time but I wasn't really thinking straight.

How could I re-word the part In your letter that says prices have'nt been put up In 4 years?

Many many thanks for both your letters.

Matthew
Clear Vision

abacus

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 11:35:46 pm »
Hi
 I let some of my round get way behind put them up by £1.50 included a quote from daily mail sayiny price had gone up from £5.00 to £15.00 for avarage 3 bed semi so hoped they would see that it was still value for money had no problems

can dig out the not and sen it to you I think I had the date of the paper on it

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

petetaylor56

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 04:21:51 pm »
 :)mathew you have mail :)
today i be mostly wfp

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 06:07:28 pm »
I need to put up all my prices and I'm rubish at writing letters ( as you can probably tell from my posts and spelling ;D)

I need to put them up by quite a bit as they have'nt been put up In 3-4 years.

I dont care If I loose some as I have too much work to get through.

Any sugestions on what should be said In the letter?

Obviously I will want to thank them for there custom and maybe mention due to high prices In fuel and running costs I have no option to increase the price.

Any advise would be more than welcome on how I should word the letter.

Thanks

Matthew
Clear Vision

This is what I did some while back.  The formatting while be spoiled in posting it here but the wording seems reasonable for your situation too.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

MY CONTACT DETAILS

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RE: PRICE INCREASE FOR WINDOW CLEANING

Dear Customer,

In order to maintain a viable service, it has become necessary for me to increase most prices as from my next visit.  In some cases I have not increased my prices for a number of years.  Although I appreciate that the official inflation rate has been consistently low for some time, the actual increases in the costs of running a small business have been rather higher.

Therefore, from my next visit, I propose an increase in price for the window cleaning to:

£

I believe that this figure represents fair value and I understand that it compares reasonably with other window cleaners who are also running a proper business (as opposed to window cleaners who only show up a few times then disappear).

Thank you for your custom.

Best wishes

<MY NAME>

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 06:20:07 pm »
Just put them up, no explaination needed unless asked, you will find yourself looking for another excuse every price rise, just do it and dont worry.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 06:30:53 pm »
Just put them up, no explaination needed unless asked, you will find yourself looking for another excuse every price rise, just do it and dont worry.

I tend to agree with you David.  When I wrote that letter in my posting, I was edgy about increasing prices because I had been unreliable for quite a while due to being ill.  Now I have the confidence to do it the way you said.

Clear Vision

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 09:39:41 pm »
Thanks for all your sugestions and a big thanks to the people that emailed me.

Cheers  :)

Matthew
Clear Vision