This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zeusjazmin

barrells
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:09:24 pm »
how many average size windows would a 25l barrell clean? on the subject of wfp i have a couple of queries
1) if you were cleaning flats with wfp say on the 2nd floor what would happen if the people on the ground floor complained about the water running on to their windows?
2)if it takes 2 or 3 cleans with wfp to get the windows perfect,if you get a new customer -clean their windows the first time-they check them and they are not very good-would it not be a case of them saying "dont clean them again as they do not look good",because if you were to do a trad first clean and they wernt very good the customer wopuld tell you not to come back.
if you went to a car wash and washed your car for say £3 and it didnt get it clean -you complain and the gaffer tells you "just clean it another couple of times and it will be perfect"i would say "it should be perfect first time-what am i paying for"
i am not slating wfp cos i am gatting mine in 2 weeks

Trevor Knight

Re: barrells
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:26:35 am »
how many average size windows would a 25l barrell clean? on the subject of wfp i have a couple of queries
1) if you were cleaning flats with wfp say on the 2nd floor what would happen if the people on the ground floor complained about the water running on to their windows?

If this happens I generally apologise, explain we have to do it this way due to the method we use and ask if they want their windows cleaned. I dont get this very often as we normally only take on block work.

2)if it takes 2 or 3 cleans with wfp to get the windows perfect,if you get a new customer -clean their windows the first time-they check them and they are not very good-would it not be a case of them saying "dont clean them again as they do not look good",because if you were to do a trad first clean and they wernt very good the customer wopuld tell you not to come back.

Not at all, people are more than happy with you taking a couple of cleans as long as you have told them in the first place. NEVER had a problem with this.

if you went to a car wash and washed your car for say £3 and it didnt get it clean -you complain and the gaffer tells you "just clean it another couple of times and it will be perfect"i would say "it should be perfect first time-what am i paying for"
i am not slating wfp cos i am gatting mine in 2 weeks

No car wash ever indicates a "perfect result" as with WFP, there is always room for error as with any manual trade. Even with a mop and blade we make mistakes, its how you deal with the mistake after that counts.

WFP is not a magic wand, its a tool of the trade and you have to use it properly.

Best wishes,

Trev

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:59:58 am »
  Zeus,

Yes you will get people complaining in flats about the runs from above,
  what I normally do to void the hassle is quickly run the blade over the window.

Some windows will come up perfect first time, some will not. Again on the windows
   I will just quickly blade them.

25l barrell will last 2.5 houses ( 2 bed )

You will loose money in the first month using wfp, after that then watch your
   money increase. Terraced houses are a pain with WFP, once you have enough work
   dump them. Look for work that is beneficial for WFP.

Has anyone shown you how to use WFP, if you need any help let me know. Just
   up the road from you, Stirling.

Doug

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:06:10 am »

do them in the rain ;)

thios way, the people below do not know if its rain or not ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:24:31 am »
  Zeus,

Has anyone shown you how to use WFP, if you need any help let me know. Just
   up the road from you, Stirling.

Doug

You say your In stirling doug!

I'm up In Inverness and would love to go out for a day with someone who cleans domestic with wfp. I have never been shown how to do It properly and think I would benefit by going out with someone.

Matthew

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 07:20:00 pm »

Hi Matthew,

Sounds a good idea, I'll see when I will have a weekend free and then try and
  find some cheep accomadation. This way I can say it is a Business Trip. ;D

Will mail you when I can do this.

Doug

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 07:33:30 pm »
how many average size windows would a 25l barrell clean? on the subject of wfp

First cleans you'll use loads of water; since you're inexperienced; and will go overboard wanting to do a good job.

Eventually you'll calm down.

Also, it can depend on different systems and flow rates, but if you're getting a backpack, you should comfortably get the tops of three average semi's done with 25 litres; after you get over the 'first clean syndrome'.

If you want me to be 'anal', that equates to five windows per house, with a 2 litre per minute flow rate, with 1.5 litres spent on each window.

However, I spent an hour with a Freedom Trolley User this evening (don't groan guys), and he uses far more water than I (doing 'tops only') on similar sized jobs; because he can't switch the water off without returning to the trolley, where-as with a backpack and using a pole with an outside hose; it's easy to nip the hose and stop your pump.

I cleaned the tops of one house for him and he's now planning to get a similar set up to my own.  Actually, the SAME set up.

Zeus, if you can, try and spend an hour or two with a WFP user prior to using a WFP.  Failing that, make sure you practise on various houses first and DON'T be disheartened when your first efforts leave spots everywhere.

There's a knack to it.

After 11 months of using a WFP, I'm 99% percent confident that I leave 95% of windows sparkling, and the other 5% are never noticed or complained about; so who cares.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 07:56:31 pm »
However, I spent an hour with a Freedom Trolley User this evening (don't groan guys), and he uses far more water than I (doing 'tops only') on similar sized jobs; because he can't switch the water off without returning to the trolley, where-as with a backpack and using a pole with an outside hose; it's easy to nip the hose and stop your pump.

I just had a thought.

Just in case anyone thinks I'm waffling here, the Freedom Trolley user is Tomo, he's a (infrequent) member here but Roy Harding, ALS Cleaning Services and Ian_Giles know him.

I wouldn't tell fibs.

sunshine windows

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 08:14:02 pm »
Tosh i can't believe you don't care about the 5% of customers houses you reckon you're leaving sub-standard

Shame on you  :o :o :o

Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 08:24:18 pm »

Hi Matthew,

Sounds a good idea, I'll see when I will have a weekend free and then try and
  find some cheep accomadation. This way I can say it is a Business Trip. ;D

Will mail you when I can do this.

Doug

Doug,

I was thinking I could come dow to you rather than you travel up here.

Matthew
Clear Vision

DASERVICES

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 12:30:49 am »

No probs Matthew send us a mail on what dates and if you feel like it
  spend some time at the Edinburgh festival, worth it.

Doug