van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby

cleaning in the rain
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:20:47 pm »
hi guys been wfp for about 6 months best thing i have done cleaned a large hotel today it was dry when i arrived on site then the heavens opened this is the first time i have cleaned with wfp in torrental rain does it make any differance to the end result i think they thought i was a nutter when i gave them there invoice
anyway probabley be off with flu for the next week. :P

Sarah Sarill

Re: cleaning in the rain
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:31:14 pm »
We dont clean at all if the rain is heavy but wfp in drizzle.  Dont let your customers think you think it could be a problem as you could possibly find yourself in trouble (financially) in the winter months when they start turning you away.

We have not had any complaints with the finish but if you want peace of mind just go back tomorrow and take a look - you will probably find you have done a good job and they are sparkling - LOL  ;)

Sarah

bobby

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:38:03 pm »
will do :o

EasyClean

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:27:01 pm »
Hi, I clean in the rain, even heavy rain IF it's not windy with no problems UNLESS the rain is going on the glass (wind blowing sideways), THEN it's time to STOP, pack up and go home/go shopping/whatever BECAUSE otherwise I'd have to make a return trip and re-do the windows and I only get paid once per job!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

gsw

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:00:26 pm »
i've had rain water running off my nose (literally) and did not get one complaint about the clean........ all the customers that were home thought i was mental though. i ony stop for lightening!

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:21:51 pm »
It's nice to know I'm not the only mental one!
I was up a ladder one day in the rain (cleaning the traditional way) and the tree behind me (5ft away) got struck by lightning, I thought it was the 4th of July because the sky lit up spectacularly).  I slid down the outsides of my ladder without touching a single step on the way down. I left my ladder up against the bedroom window and put a note in the customer's front door to say that I'd collect my ladder the following morning. Now I go home when the thunder & lightning comes out to play!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

macc

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 02:13:07 pm »
It's nice to know I'm not the only mental one!
I was up a ladder one day in the rain (cleaning the traditional way) and the tree behind me (5ft away) got struck by lightning, I thought it was the 4th of July because the sky lit up spectacularly).  I slid down the outsides of my ladder without touching a single step on the way down. I left my ladder up against the bedroom window and put a note in the customer's front door to say that I'd collect my ladder the following morning. Now I go home when the thunder & lightning comes out to play!

I bet your pants were a mess  :o.

I carry on in the rain, there used to it now, had a few comments in the beginning but contrary to Squeaky's vast experience of wfp  ;)  they still come up gleaming.

Macc

john green

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 08:22:14 am »
If asked  " how on earth do you clean windows in the rain",,,,, "I wear a mac " is my normal reply,,,, they have a laugh ,next thing forget all about it!!  Sorted! ;)