van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Honey, I’m home !
« on: October 24, 2024, 03:38:11 pm »
Hello to anyone that remembers me 👍
Just thought I would hop on let you know I’m still alive and kicking !

After spending 8 years trying to get back in the game after my stroke  , and achieving nothing but making myself poorer and poorer each year I decided to hang up my poles for the last time  , I really was in a dark place .
I knew it had to change when I found myself being physically sick at the sight of a window and on more than one occasion getting the urge to run the van into the back of a lorry on the way home  , bit drastic but that’s the way it was !
We tried to get help from the relevant people but was brushed aside and told that there were people waiting to see the docs with bigger problems than me !
I decided to stay at home away from any lorries , 6 weeks later the business had collapsed and I still had not been offered any support whatsoever .
I have for the past 12 months been delivering shopping to the lazy gits in this world for Sainsburys 😆😆 and I quite enjoy to be honest !

So anyway, now that I have come on and cheered you all up for the time being I must go and get on with cooking our tea  , I’m actually on a paid holiday for once 🤣
Stay safe and keep enjoying it boys and girls , or you might end up working for Sainsburys !
Best wishes to all , Rich

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Stoots

Re: Honey, I’m home !
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2024, 03:45:35 pm »
I cant relate to the stroke but sick of the sight of windows and driving my van off the nearest bridge does sound familiar. Must be nice to have a paid holiday and not spend all day scrubbing glass, if it wasnt for the money i would happily jump ship to sainsburys tomorrow.

And on a brighter note glad to hear all is well.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2024, 03:58:36 pm »
Great to hear from you Rich, glad you’re ok now!

Nothing wrong with working for Sainsbury’s. If that’s what you need, then good on you. Better than being depressed, and great that you’re not sitting on the doll.

Keep tabs on the forum will ya 👍🏼

zesty

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2024, 03:59:38 pm »
I cant relate to the stroke but sick of the sight of windows and driving my van off the nearest bridge does sound familiar. Must be nice to have a paid holiday and not spend all day scrubbing glass, if it wasnt for the money i would happily jump ship to sainsburys tomorrow.

And on a brighter note glad to hear all is well.

Mate, if you need a phone call, let me know. Happy to chat if you’re feeling that bad!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2024, 04:19:59 pm »
Hi buddy I know all about having strokes as I've recently had one.
Look after yourself and do what ever makes you happy

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2024, 04:31:34 pm »
Totally understand where you are coming from regarding cleaning windows day in day out. Even if you are making £400 a day it's still monotonous. That's the reason I like to vary my workload each day. Today I was fixing a gate and pergola which took a few hours then off to a nurse appointment. Anyhow, good to see you are back out earning which will lift your mood.

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2024, 04:50:18 pm »
Cheers all 👍
Stoots , I remember in the past that you had struggled from time to time  , I was always under the impression that it would never happen to me but it did  , it’s a lonely job if you are a sole trader for sure  !

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2024, 04:51:33 pm »
Good one Rich, glad you’re in the up.

I haven’t cleaned a window in close to 4 months due to my accident.

I doubt I ever will again.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2024, 04:57:28 pm »
Hey Matt , blimey what happened to you , to be honest I was scared to come on here for a long while !

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2024, 05:07:24 pm »
Zesty , as I say I am loving the change , I still deal with strange people on a daily but the big bonus for me is come home change and forget it all until the next shift
Not to mention the staff discount !
I did think I was going to have an issue with no longer being the boss after 20 years but it’s all good 👍

matty72

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2024, 05:33:00 pm »
Hello mate interesting post, good to hear your better, just wondered did you have to take a big pay cut, maybe money want that important, just wondered, I know what you mean about the job sometimes but isn't what you do now similar, working on your own fussy customers etc, just wondered as I would like some other part time work, health is the most important thing, nice one.

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2024, 05:36:42 pm »
Hey Matt , blimey what happened to you , to be honest I was scared to come on here for a long while !

I got a sense of relief from your post, you seem to be relieved you’ve come out the other side and now are able to offload it.

I fell off a roof.

I was cleaning about 15 windows on a reasonably level, very slight angled, roof. Tiled with wooden shingles. I don’t actually remember what happened but assume I slipped. The last thing I remember prior to hitting the deck is for a split second roof tiles passing in front of my eyes.

I landed on the ground, concrete, having fallen about 9 feet, just missing a metal bench. Landed on my shoulder and back of my head.

I had a double brain haemorrhage from the impact, broke my right shoulder, 4 ribs, punctured lung and punctured ear drum. 

After three weeks I had a shoulder op which lasted 5 1/2 hours. I’ve got about 50 % use of my right arm. I do physio every day but it’s going to take a year for it to become as healed as much as possible.

My injuries were fairly severe. However, saying that, I also believe I was very lucky. Landing on your head like that caused all sorts of particularly nasty symptoms, especially immediately after the accident to about 10 days afterwards. I was lucky not to have died or ended up in a wheel-chair. Life then would’ve had a whole new perspective I’m not sure I would’ve been willing to tolerate.

Sold my business, sold my house and sold my van  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2024, 05:40:58 pm »
Saying all that, prior to the accident I was planning on emigrating to Canada. Which I’ve done and have already bought a works truck….

Simon Trapani

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2024, 05:49:56 pm »
P @ F I was hoping you were gonna market that hot water system!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2024, 07:29:17 pm »
Hello to anyone that remembers me 👍
Just thought I would hop on let you know I’m still alive and kicking !

After spending 8 years trying to get back in the game after my stroke  , and achieving nothing but making myself poorer and poorer each year I decided to hang up my poles for the last time  , I really was in a dark place .
I knew it had to change when I found myself being physically sick at the sight of a window and on more than one occasion getting the urge to run the van into the back of a lorry on the way home  , bit drastic but that’s the way it was !
We tried to get help from the relevant people but was brushed aside and told that there were people waiting to see the docs with bigger problems than me !
I decided to stay at home away from any lorries , 6 weeks later the business had collapsed and I still had not been offered any support whatsoever .
I have for the past 12 months been delivering shopping to the lazy gits in this world for Sainsburys 😆😆 and I quite enjoy to be honest !

So anyway, now that I have come on and cheered you all up for the time being I must go and get on with cooking our tea  , I’m actually on a paid holiday for once 🤣
Stay safe and keep enjoying it boys and girls , or you might end up working for Sainsburys !
Best wishes to all , Rich

Glad you changed jobs and sorted yourself out Rich!👍🙂

Adam will be next....he absolutely hates window cleaning!
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2024, 07:43:53 pm »
Take it easy chap.  Life is way too short.    Have no regrets and do what's right for you.   Make sure you talk through your mental health worries with those close to you.  Don't wait.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2024, 08:13:25 pm »
Well I’m glad to see that I am remembered by you all  , that means a lot to me 😭
I’m gonna have to do my replies in blankets as I don’t remember how to quote separately 🤣🤣
Matty  72 , it would be seen as a hell of a pay drop for most here  , about £14 an hour now on average but I really don’t care for money any more , looking back now I can honestly say that I have had way less barnies with her indoors over money  !

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2024, 08:31:43 pm »
I did try hard but was met with so much disapproval over safety I thought oh well bugger it then 😆
I am in the midst of converting my conservatory to being heated by the diesel heater as I don’t have it in my van any more anyway  , if it goes well I will convert the whole ground floor and see how it goes 👍

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2024, 10:25:19 am »
I did try hard but was met with so much disapproval over safety I thought oh well bugger it then 😆
I am in the midst of converting my conservatory to being heated by the diesel heater as I don’t have it in my van any more anyway  , if it goes well I will convert the whole ground floor and see how it goes 👍

Just use an already purpose made diesel air heater. I think you know about them,don't you? 😂
Depression isn't a good thing. Glad you have found some solace in life.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2024, 11:13:15 am »
Hot water Rich, as your stored in my phone! (Bet it’s not the same number now!?)
I too hoped you’d have developed the hot water side.
Thank you for the post and sharing your feelings
Stay well mate.
Tony