van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scottish Cleaning Service

Cleaning White PVC Front Doors
« on: October 23, 2024, 08:05:15 pm »
I have a great method of cleaning white pvc doors. On the first clean I attack them with the pink stuff on a sponge scouring pad.  After the frame, ingo and door is done I clean with the wfp. Only then can I see where the stubborn stains are and then I get to work with the pink stuff on a pad and give another good clean with wfp. Takes me at least 10mins but I have found it pays dividends with the female house residents. Only works with white pvc doors and no use with brown pvc doors.

I haven't lost a customer yet who has a white pvc door and they discuss it with their friends and I tend to get a new customer every week now.

Good if anyone is starting up and will have the time to bring them up like new because its the first thing the customer notices when opening the door.  😉

SB Cleaning

Re: Cleaning White PVC Front Doors
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2024, 08:40:04 pm »
I have a great method of cleaning white pvc doors.

I haven't lost a customer yet who has a white pvc door and they discuss it with their friends and I tend to get a new customer every week now.
Load of nonsense.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2024, 08:56:21 pm »
I have a great method of cleaning white pvc doors. On the first clean I attack them with the pink stuff on a sponge scouring pad.  After the frame, ingo and door is done I clean with the wfp. Only then can I see where the stubborn stains are and then I get to work with the pink stuff on a pad and give another good clean with wfp. Takes me at least 10mins but I have found it pays dividends with the female house residents. Only works with white pvc doors and no use with brown pvc doors.

Good if anyone is starting up and will have the time to bring them up like new because its the first thing the customer notices when opening the door.  😉
Priceless😆😆

JandS

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2024, 09:01:46 pm »
Good idea.. :)
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

the king

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2024, 09:09:10 pm »
sounds way to time consumming unless your charging £20 to clean the door !! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2024, 07:50:46 am »
sounds way to time consumming unless your charging £20 to clean the door !! ;D

And THAT is the point.

It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2024, 08:07:42 am »
Great idea when your a fledgling business and have plenty of time on your hands....

The only time i go above and beyond in regards to cleaning a white UPVC door is on a well priced f/s/g job even then it wouldn't take longer than a few mins!
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2024, 08:26:19 am »
It takes me around 10 mins to clean an average 3 bed semi on maintenance window cleans(my estate work). Sod spending 10 mins cleaning a door!🤣🤣👍
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2024, 01:12:19 pm »
I have a good way too…

Pure water. If that doesn’t get it off it stays there lol.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2024, 04:52:16 pm »
I only get right into it on the first clean and then its a doddle. Its all to do with psychology and how the female brain works. I bought 100 tubs of pink stuff for 75p each years ago and a load of small scrub sponges. They have brought me in the cost ten fold by now. Got a new first clean 3 days ago next to a semi bungalow I clean for £14 a month. Old professional retired couple and I brought their white pvc storm doors up like new. He was really impressed and I understand that first impressions tend to stick so £28 for 20mins work in the future. That's how I run my business, I go beyond what I'm meant to do and the client is very happy but the only problem is I'm getting their relatives to do now due to word of mouth.

It means I will need to drop a few awkward cleans to streamline my work. Only putting it out there if anyone wants more work to come in because it works all the time.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2024, 05:51:30 pm »
Is this all in between gutter repairs etc? ;D

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2024, 05:51:34 pm »
‘How the female brain works’.

Especially as it was the bloke that was impressed.

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2024, 06:41:14 pm »
Is this all in between gutter repairs etc? ;D

Gutter repairs falls away in autumn/winter time but gutter clears picks up when the leaves have fallen.

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2024, 06:48:54 pm »
‘How the female brain works’.

Especially as it was the bloke that was impressed.

Exactly, and who did he go and tell? As I was clearing up he dragged his wife out to have a look. That's how you keep hold of good customers and he has set up a DD. Next stage in my business is new payment cards which will be bigger than before, I'm going for a6 size rather than a7 size. It will focus mainly on 2 dates that I accept DD. Later on I will probably go down the DD route and if they don't want to then they can find someone else. You can do this when one is established and expect to lose some customers.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2024, 11:34:00 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you can’t keep good customers without repairing their gutters, plumbing in their washing machines, restoring their front doors….perhaps you’re not very good at cleaning windows?

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2024, 01:29:25 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you can’t keep good customers without repairing their gutters, plumbing in their washing machines, restoring their front doors….perhaps you’re not very good at cleaning windows?

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2024, 02:46:35 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jealousy will get you nowhere.
Jealousy🤣🤣🤣🤣  Whilst you are restoring someone’s front door, I’ve banged out another 4 houses😁

deeege

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2024, 03:06:35 pm »
Scottish Cleaning Service …….. the gift that keeps on giving  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2024, 03:21:24 pm »
You do know that you're not insured to use chemicals and scrubbing pads on customer's front doors, don't you?😲😲🫣😁
Comfortably Numb!

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2024, 03:25:42 pm »
You do know that you're not insured to use chemicals and scrubbing pads on customer's front doors, don't you?😲😲🫣😁

You are if you declare it!  :o
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.