This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

Drinking water filters
« on: October 20, 2024, 08:23:01 pm »
Anybody ever fit carbon and sediment filter under sink for drinking water? I have used a local company for drinking water filter before though he was £250 and filter lasts 3 years. Was thinking about hooking up my pre filters hoping they would do same job. So was wondering has anyone else tried this? Or would i need to add any extra filters as well as carbon and sediment?

Spruce

Re: Drinking water filters
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2024, 05:35:46 pm »
Anybody ever fit carbon and sediment filter under sink for drinking water? I have used a local company for drinking water filter before though he was £250 and filter lasts 3 years. Was thinking about hooking up my pre filters hoping they would do same job. So was wondering has anyone else tried this? Or would i need to add any extra filters as well as carbon and sediment?

I use Fiberdyne carbon block filters in our r/o. Interestingly, I recently noticed on the Fiberdyne package a warning:

Warning: cancer and reproductive harm.
www.p65warnings.ca.gov

Our water supply isn't the best regarding sediment, and I have always thought of fitting a sediment filter.
The carbon block removes chlorine, and both of these filters are used in the drinks' industry.

So you really have to make your own mind up. I always believed that Brita filters were charcoal based, but I could be wrong.

I really don't know how much chlorine there is in our water at our address. I can never smell any.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)