van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Gloves Gloves and Gloves
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2024, 08:30:59 am »
No need for anything more than nitrile gloves all year round for me for hygiene purposes

I use the orange tiger ones that mechanics use. One pair can last 3 or 4 days
They are horrendous in summer (sweaty hands) and horrendous in winter (cold hands)

Hands not cold in winter due to hot water system and warm hose/water.I only wear them in summer on cloudy days so I don't end up with white hands!👍😄

Yes they make your hands sweat a bit but at least they are clean and dry and they don't stink like they do if I wear other gloves.

Each to their own but these work for me when handling hoses all day
So you don’t wear them for hygiene purposes as you stated then ???

Of course I wear them for hygiene purposes but I (obviously) don't want white hands on hot summer days....

I have liquid hand-wash in the van for lunchtime and end of my working day on the days I don't wear them 🙂👍
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2024, 05:25:00 pm »
I used skytec argon every winter need 3 or 4 pairs your hands stay dry but the gloves get soaked don't dry on radiator it cracks them in doors dry off naturally.  Also if you just have the one pair after a while they make your hands smell like cheesey feet and it's  a nightmare to wash away that's why I had a few pairs and rotated them.

I buy about half a dozen and rotate them also as they take ages to dry....i clean them by hand in the sink and leave them to soak with a bit of zoflora. Pop them on the radiator and wait (wait a long time like 3 days )

Another tip is when new put a bit of duck tape on them between the thumb and forefinger as they always split first here probably from rubbing on the pole.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2024, 08:29:28 am »
I used skytec argon every winter need 3 or 4 pairs your hands stay dry but the gloves get soaked don't dry on radiator it cracks them in doors dry off naturally.  Also if you just have the one pair after a while they make your hands smell like cheesey feet and it's  a nightmare to wash away that's why I had a few pairs and rotated them.

I buy about half a dozen and rotate them also as they take ages to dry....i clean them by hand in the sink and leave them to soak with a bit of zoflora. Pop them on the radiator and wait (wait a long time like 3 days )

Another tip is when new put a bit of duck tape on them between the thumb and forefinger as they always split first here probably from rubbing on the pole.

I bet your missus loves that!👍🤣....stinky gloves drying on radiators for 3 days....🙄😄
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2024, 11:05:23 am »

Why don’t you lads just buy the screwfix orange waterproof gloves?

Why keep messing about with awful, rubbish gloves that gets soaked through?

I hated those sky tech gloves, got wet hands almost straight away, they’re not as warm as that screwfix ones either.