van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scottish Cleaning Service

Gloves Gloves and Gloves
« on: October 19, 2024, 12:46:20 pm »
After 6 years I have came across a pair of gloves I use all the time now.

Pfanner Stretchflex Fine Grip Gloves which are used by tree surgeons.

https://honeybros.com/shop/ppe-clothing/gloves/work-grip-and-climbing-gloves/pfanner-stretchflex-fine-grip-gloves/

Simon Trapani

Re: Gloves Gloves and Gloves
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2024, 01:32:41 pm »
Gloves? Thought you Scots were tuff🤣🤣

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2024, 06:03:39 pm »
I use builders orange gloves, lovely and grippy and only cost a pound.

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2024, 07:25:25 pm »

https://honeybros.com/shop/ppe-clothing/gloves/work-grip-and-climbing-gloves/pfanner-stretchflex-fine-grip-gloves/

Are they waterproof?
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Tam1872

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2024, 07:56:11 pm »
Gloves ?  Once it gets below freezing I put a see you jimmy hat on, that's enough for me

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2024, 11:25:41 am »

Are they waterproof?

Not really but what they are is easy to dry. I buy 30 pairs when I need them because I use them for all work, gutter clearing, joinery, gardening, fencing, PW and all the rest. Always have 3 pairs on dash getting dried when the windscreen heater blowing. When a pair gets wet then I replace with warm pair from dash and place the damp pair there and good to go. Using hot water means hands okay in cold working conditions. What I like about them is they are not clumsy and can write with them on for posting payment cards.

Arnold Palmer

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2024, 08:55:54 am »
No need for anything more than nitrile gloves all year round for me for hygiene purposes

I use the orange tiger ones that mechanics use. One pair can last 3 or 4 days
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2024, 04:53:48 pm »
Skytec argon for me from October to march.

Those what you have posted  are fine in the dry but totally pointless when its wet you end up going through about 10 pairs a day.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2024, 06:53:35 pm »
No need for anything more than nitrile gloves all year round for me for hygiene purposes

They are horrendous in summer (sweaty hands) and horrendous in winter (cold hands)

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2024, 09:01:07 pm »

Those what you have posted  are fine in the dry but totally pointless when its wet you end up going through about 10 pairs a day.

They don't get wet. Only need to change when clearing out gutters by hand or plugging into pole and water escapes bar that they are great. Used 2 pair today because I was clearing gutters by hand.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2024, 09:04:01 pm »

They are horrendous in summer (sweaty hands) and horrendous in winter (cold hands)

Used to have the true touch gloves underneath my orange grippa  gloves but don't need them now with the Pfanner gloves.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2024, 11:55:17 pm »

They don't get wet. Only need to change when clearing out gutters by hand or plugging into pole and water escapes bar that they are great. Used 2 pair today because I was clearing gutters by hand.
They don’t get wet????? In an earlier post you said you dry them on your dash!

Jamie Thomas

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2024, 06:49:53 am »
I used skytec argon every winter need 3 or 4 pairs your hands stay dry but the gloves get soaked don't dry on radiator it cracks them in doors dry off naturally.  Also if you just have the one pair after a while they make your hands smell like cheesey feet and it's  a nightmare to wash away that's why I had a few pairs and rotated them.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2024, 09:02:11 am »

Hands not cold in winter due to hot water system and warm hose/water.I only wear them in summer on cloudy days so I don't end up with white hands!👍😄

Yes they make your hands sweat a bit but at least they are clean and dry and they don't stink like they do if I wear other gloves.

Each to their own but these work for me when handling hoses all day
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2024, 02:39:04 pm »

Hands not cold in winter due to hot water system and warm hose/water.I only wear them in summer on cloudy days so I don't end up with white hands!👍😄

Yes they make your hands sweat a bit but at least they are clean and dry and they don't stink like they do if I wear other gloves.

So you don’t wear them for hygiene purposes as you stated then ???

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2024, 03:14:55 pm »

He means he takes them off when it's sunny so that he doesn't get tan lines.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2024, 04:24:09 pm »

They don’t get wet????? In an earlier post you said you dry them on your dash!

How do they get wet? We all use a wfp so they only get wet if raining and I don't work in the rain so they only get wet when clearing out gutters by hand.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2024, 07:03:06 pm »

He means he takes them off when it's sunny so that he doesn't get tan lines.
Yes I know he meant that, hardly hygienic working with no gloves on then is it?

zesty

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2024, 09:20:18 pm »
I used skytec argon every winter need 3 or 4 pairs your hands stay dry but the gloves get soaked don't dry on radiator it cracks them in doors dry off naturally.  Also if you just have the one pair after a while they make your hands smell like cheesey feet and it's  a nightmare to wash away that's why I had a few pairs and rotated them.

I hate those gloves, they get soaked.

I use screwfix orange gloves, they are much better at waterproofing.