van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Arnold Palmer

Re: Van insurance with water tank modification included.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2024, 06:41:20 pm »
In over 20 years I've never been asked, even once if I carry a water tank!

I had an incident where there was an argument between a driver and insurance company over the declaration of the tank.

The van was written off and the insurance company only paid partially. 95.5% if I remember right. They could have paid nothing and there isn't much I could have done.

Declare your tanks lads.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Greta

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2024, 07:10:23 pm »
Do you have to declare every load you take?
Call me Greta.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2024, 07:24:34 pm »

It’s your responsibility to declare it not for them to ask , have a look in the small print of your policy .

Can you provide evidence of this?

In over 20 years,I've never been asked, never appeared in the list of assumptions nor had it presented to me to declare that I carry a water tank. It's never appeared in any small print either. All questions are answered fully and correctly including my occupation as a self employed window cleaner. However, my van isn't 'modified' . The factory spec' remains intact and my tank is removable.
Just to add to the annoyance, my policy is less than £200 per year fully comp!
What do you suggest I do, phone them up and give them a list of reasons why I think they should be charging me Four times what they currently are?🤔
Comfortably Numb!

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2024, 07:24:45 pm »

I had an incident where there was an argument between a driver and insurance company over the declaration of the tank.

The van was written off and the insurance company only paid partially. 95.5% if I remember right. They could have paid nothing and there isn't much I could have done.

Declare your tanks lads.

They didn't pay 95.5% on a whim.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Splash and dash

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2024, 07:26:04 pm »

Regardless of how the  tank is held in the van it’s not a load , a load is put in the van and then delivered to xxx the tank is usually permanently in the van

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2024, 07:27:04 pm »

Declare your tanks lads.

But your vehicle had been modified from factory spec' had it not? You replaced the eyelets with bolts and spreader plates?
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2024, 07:29:45 pm »

Regardless of how the  tank is held in the van it’s not a load , a load is put in the van and then delivered to xxx the tank is usually permanently in the van

Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2024, 07:30:03 pm »

It’s your responsibility to declare it not for them to ask , have a look in the small print of your policy .

In over 20 years,I've never been asked, never appeared in the list of assumptions nor had it presented to me to declare that I carry a water tank. It's never appeared in any small print either. All questions are answered fully and correctly including my occupation as a self employed window cleaner. However, my van isn't 'modified' . The factory spec' remains intact and my tank is removable.
What do you suggest I do, phone them up and give them a list of reasons why I think they should be charging me Four times what they currently are?🤔

All insurance companies state it’s your responsibility to declare anything that the vehicle didn’t leave the factory with , might be stupid but that’s the legal requirement, not all things will be charged extra on a premium but they want to know  it has xyz .

Splash and dash

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2024, 07:34:55 pm »

I had this discussion with several insurance companies years ago , what I have said above is how  they  described the difference between a load and a permanent fixture , but they also said a strapped in tank wasn’t a modification but it still needed declaring , I did post an email on here a while ago from the insurance company stating this and was told by them to remove it or legal action would be taken against me .

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2024, 07:39:49 pm »

All insurance companies state it’s your responsibility to declare anything that the vehicle didn’t leave the factory with , might be stupid but that’s the legal requirement, not all things will be charged extra on a premium but they want to know  it has xyz .

So you can't provide any evidence at all?
I'd like you to provide your evidence that carrying a removable load in a unmodified commercial vehicle has to be declared to the insurance company.
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2024, 07:41:33 pm »

I had this discussion with several insurance companies years ago , what I have said above is how  they  described the difference between a load and a permanent fixture , but they also said a strapped in tank wasn’t a modification but it still needed declaring , I did post an email on here a while ago from the insurance company stating this and was told by them to remove it or legal action would be taken against me .

Hearsay. That's all this is.
You were told to remove it because the statement wasn't true! Bet they shat their pants when they seen it uploaded here!😆
Comfortably Numb!

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2024, 08:36:33 pm »

Declare your tanks lads.

Sure, the van was less than a year old and had only done 7500 miles. 4.5% was still a wedge.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2024, 08:39:05 pm »

Hearsay. That's all this is.
You were told to remove it because the statement wasn't true! Bet they shat their pants when they seen it uploaded here!😆

So how is your tank carried?
It's a game of three halves!

Tam1872

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2024, 08:47:19 pm »

Declare your tanks lads.

Did you not say if you wanted to contest it you would have, and you'd be confident of winning?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2024, 08:50:44 pm »
I think Winpo you may find you’re not actually insured. It’s not your opinion that counts, it’s the insurers. Not unless you’re prepared to argue in court if ever your insurer  wasn’t prepared to pay out. I agree it’s unfair but personally I declare everything as I’m not prepared to take a the chance.

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2024, 08:57:05 pm »

Declare your tanks lads.

Did you not say if you wanted to contest it you would have, and you'd be confident of winning?

I did. I'm a cocky tw@ sometimes.

I couldn't contest it unfortunately.

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2024, 08:59:18 pm »

Declare your tanks lads.

The 4.5% was the shortfall in premium they calculated from not declaring the tank ...

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2024, 09:01:07 pm »
I think Winpo you may find you’re not actually insured. It’s not your opinion that counts, it’s the insurers. Not unless you’re prepared to argue in court if ever your insurer  wasn’t prepared to pay out. I agree it’s unfair but personally I declare everything as I’m not prepared to take a the chance.

Read my post thoroughly and tell me what exactly I need to declare and why. Then, provide the evidence to back up your claim. If it's so true what a handful of people claim, then surely, at least one of you can come up with the goods? No?
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2024, 09:02:46 pm »

Declare your tanks lads.

The 4.5% was the shortfall in premium they calculated from not declaring the tank ...

Not declaring the 'modification' . You 'modified' your van without informing your insurance provider.
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2024, 09:33:36 pm »

So you can't provide any evidence at all?
I'd like you to provide your evidence that carrying a removable load in a unmodified commercial vehicle has to be declared to the insurance company.

As I said earlier I did post the email from the insurance company on here and it had to be deleted  under GDPR regulations, I still have it somewhere