This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Van insurance with water tank modification included.
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2024, 08:36:23 am »
Ive never told an insurance company i carry a tank and never plan to. Its a van designed to carry a load, my tank is as secure as i can make it. Not worth worrying about, personally i only ever potter about town at max  40 mph. Only time i go on the motorway would be at a weekend with an empty tank....

What do you say if the insurer/broker asks you if your van has been modified in any way? Or if you carry a tank?

I always do my quotes on the comparison sites and do you carry a water tank isn't a question they ask.

As for modifications I just say no simple.

If they ever ask .. "what speed do you potter about town at"... DO NOT  say 40mph.

According to my vans dash over the last two thousand miles when i reset it my average speed is showing as poxy 12mph! so i guess thats my true pottering about average.

Hitting 40 would be a rare thing with a fully loaded tank.

Bungle

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2024, 06:56:28 pm »
Ooh err
We look at them, they look through them.

JandS

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2024, 07:35:58 pm »
Each commercial van on the road performs a specific purpose and many are fitted to provide specific industrial functions. This is why commercial van insurance will always be specific to you.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2024, 07:40:47 pm »
If some people are so sure that having a water tank in the van does not need to be declared because it will not affect any insurance claim why not declare it anyway.....after all you know it won't affect any claim or affect your premiums because it's not a modification is it?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2024, 07:52:57 pm »
If some people are so sure that having a water tank in the van does not need to be declared because it will not affect any insurance claim why not declare it anyway.....after all you know it won't affect any claim or affect your premiums because it's not a modification is it?

Because there is no way of 'declaring' it. It doesn't appear in any of the questions or assumptions. My van isn't modified from factory spec' so there's literally nothing for me to 'declare'. Do you think I should call them up every time I carry Two passengers just because the van has Three seats?
Are you seriously suggesting giving the insurance company a reason, (that they've already deemed not relevant enough to ask anyway) to increase the premium? No wonder these brokers are taking the p#ss out of some you!🤔🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

JandS

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2024, 08:08:15 pm »
It has a tank fitted that's a mod even if removable....so is a ladder rack....why not declare it as a mod and let them decide if it's a mod or not not you........after all if you're are so sure it isn't then it should not be a problem......not telling something because it is not asked specifically is not an excuse.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2024, 08:29:11 pm »
It has a tank fitted that's a mod even if removable....so is a ladder rack....why not declare it as a mod and let them decide if it's a mod or not not you........after all if you're are so sure it isn't then it should not be a problem......not telling something because it is not asked specifically is not an excuse.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2024, 08:30:50 pm »
I challenge you to back that up with evidence. If you're so sure, then it'll be easy for you to do this. I, on the other hand will guarantee that you can't.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2024, 08:36:52 pm »
I challenge you to back that up with evidence. If you're so sure, then it'll be easy for you to do this. I, on the other hand will guarantee that you can't.👍

Do you employ staff ?

JandS

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2024, 08:38:04 pm »
So let me get this straight....you are deciding for the insurance company whether your van is modified or not rather than asking.......think you are avoiding the real answer.........are your anchor points even rated for the sort of weight a crash at speed with say 500 litres of water would exert on them?

JandS

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2024, 08:45:22 pm »
Think you have ostrich syndrome......nobody on here needs to prove anything to you.....you are the one disputing it so you prove your side....the fact you don't mention it to insurers is a big tell.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2024, 08:47:39 pm »
So let me get this straight....you are deciding for the insurance company whether your van is modified or not rather than asking.......think you are avoiding the real answer.........are your anchor points even rated for the sort of weight a crash at speed with say 500 litres of water would exert on them?

The safety issue is irrelevant here. Ionics crash tested systems are only tested to 31mph, so at 32mph you are driving an untested death trap!
Now, back on track. You tell me how my van is modified in the eyes of a commercial vehicle insurance provider and then provide the evidence to back it up. Should be easy for an expert like yourself. I'll be here waiting.
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2024, 08:51:38 pm »
Think you have ostrich syndrome......nobody on here needs to prove anything to you.....you are the one disputing it so you prove your side....the fact you don't mention it to insurers is a big tell.

I'm disputing nothing you moron! I absolutely know that I am correct!🤣 Read the thread. YOU are telling me that my van is modified in the eyes of every insurance provider and thus I am uninsured. So, provide the evidence or you're just talking absolute boll@x like some others here. The fact that you can't do this is the bigger tell.
Comfortably Numb!

JandS

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2024, 09:08:21 pm »
Like I said I don't need to prove anything........but the first thing they asked after I told them I was a WFP window cleaner was do you have a water tank in your van....they also said it doesn't matter whether it is fixed or strapped it needs to be declared.....this was A Swann on phone..............you seem very reluctant to declare it and yet insist you are insured so prove it.....it should be easy with a phone call.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2024, 09:12:02 pm »
Like I said I don't need to prove anything........but the first thing they asked after I told them I was a WFP window cleaner was do you have a water tank in your van....they also said it doesn't matter whether it is fixed or strapped it needs to be declared.....this was A Swann on phone..............you seem very reluctant to declare it and yet insist you are insured so prove it.....it should be easy with a phone call.

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!
You're an idiot buddy, not sure if you're drunk or not but either prove your point or stop making yourself look utterly stupid by spreading false information!🥱
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2024, 02:03:06 pm »

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!
You're an idiot buddy, not sure if you're drunk or not but either prove your point or stop making yourself look utterly stupid by spreading false information!🥱

It’s not false information what he’s saying is right , tanks should be declared regardless of how they are secured , some firms will charge more others won’t , why are you so afraid to declare it ?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2024, 02:16:50 pm »

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!

It’s not false information what he’s saying is right , tanks should be declared regardless of how they are secured , some firms will charge more others won’t , why are you so afraid to declare it ?

Ok then, prove that claim, or stop spreading false information Splash. If you took the time to read the thread you would help yourself not look so silly!
So, either provide the evidence or stop talking utter nonsense!🥱
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2024, 03:08:57 pm »
Why should you declare something that isn't a modification?

Putting a tank in your van isn't any more a modification than putting my bike in is.

If the van hasnt been modified then what is there to declare.

Hang on I will ring my insurance tomorrow to see if they want to stick a few hundred quid on my policy....I'm sure they will only be too happy to oblige.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2024, 03:26:06 pm »
Why should you declare something that isn't a modification?

Putting a tank in you van isn't any more a modification than putting my bike in is.

If the van hasnt been modified then what is there to declare.

Hang on I will ring my insurance tomorrow to see if they want to stick a few hundred quid on my policy....I'm sure they will only be too happy to oblige.

Spot on!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2024, 04:27:15 pm »

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!

Ok then, prove that claim, or stop spreading false information Splash. If you took the time to read the thread you would help yourself not look so silly!
So, either provide the evidence or stop talking utter nonsense!🥱

I have the evidence in email form but as I said before I can’t post it as I did before and it had to be taken down as they were going to take legal action under GDPR regulation s .
All insurance companies that I have spoken to have said it has to be declared depending how it’s held in the van it will be a modification or it might not be a modification but still needs declaring some will charge more for it and some won’t it just needs to be included on the policy that’s what they are saying .  Ime not interested in an argument ime just stating the facts from several insurance companies just as others have done , if you chose not to tell your insurance company that’s your choice I just hope you don’t employ and the employee has an accident  that’s all .