This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

Re: Van insurance with water tank modification included.
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2024, 03:43:36 am »
Yee-haw Cowboy!!🤣🤣🤣

Martin Lane

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2024, 06:20:46 am »
I don't think they are saying that anyone who fits their own system cant do it safely and possibly better that a professional company, but insurance companies possibly would only insure vans with systems fitted by a company.
I was talking to a women last week she works for an insurance company, if you tell them your car is parked off road they now ask for a photo of your car parked on the drive  because people were telling them they have off street parking to get cheaper insurance when they dont. she also said things like dash cams, mobile phone holders that are hard wired into the cars need to be declared as classed as a modification to the car. so I suppose if your system is hard wired to your van battery then you would need to declare it whether its bolted down or tied down with string. she said that if not declared then your insurance wont cover you. 

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2024, 07:36:05 am »
I don't think they are saying that anyone who fits their own system cant do it safely and possibly better that a professional company, but insurance companies possibly would only insure vans with systems fitted by a company.
I was talking to a women last week she works for an insurance company, if you tell them your car is parked off road they now ask for a photo of your car parked on the drive  because people were telling them they have off street parking to get cheaper insurance when they dont. she also said things like dash cams, mobile phone holders that are hard wired into the cars need to be declared as classed as a modification to the car. so I suppose if your system is hard wired to your van battery then you would need to declare it whether its bolted down or tied down with string. she said that if not declared then your insurance wont cover you.

Oh dear 🥱
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2024, 07:37:36 am »
Yee-haw Cowboy!!🤣🤣🤣

Fully insured cowboy, please.🤨
Comfortably Numb!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2024, 08:56:17 am »
I have to say that from your description Winpro it is true that you don't have a van modification in regard to your water tank.

Is it a Wyedale with baffle holes with the straps through these? And what are those straps?

When I had my prang I had a Vivaro as a loan vehicle in which DtM fitted into my van my tank strapped to the load points and bits of wood wedged in between the wheel arches and tank to hold a pump battery and reel.  Poles went down the side of the tank.

I ran that for a fortnight. But didn't fill beyond about 350L.
It's a game of three halves!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2024, 09:59:09 am »
I have to say that from your description Winpro it is true that you don't have a van modification in regard to your water tank.

Is it a Wyedale with baffle holes with the straps through these? And what are those straps?

When I had my prang I had a Vivaro as a loan vehicle in which DtM fitted into my van my tank strapped to the load points and bits of wood wedged in between the wheel arches and tank to hold a pump battery and reel.  Poles went down the side of the tank.

I ran that for a fortnight. But didn't fill beyond about 350L.

Yes, the baffle hole is used but in addition to this there are two separate straps around the tank and a second set of straps are attached to these also. It's a 500ltr wydale 'cube shape'.
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2024, 11:47:20 am »
In over 20 years I've never been asked, even once if I carry a water tank!

It’s your responsibility to declare it not for them to ask , have a look in the small print of your policy .

Can you provide evidence of this?

In over 20 years,I've never been asked, never appeared in the list of assumptions nor had it presented to me to declare that I carry a water tank. It's never appeared in any small print either. All questions are answered fully and correctly including my occupation as a self employed window cleaner. However, my van isn't 'modified' . The factory spec' remains intact and my tank is removable.
Just to add to the annoyance, my policy is less than £200 per year fully comp!
What do you suggest I do, phone them up and give them a list of reasons why I think they should be charging me Four times what they currently are?🤔

All insurance companies state it’s your responsibility to declare anything that the vehicle didn’t leave the factory with , might be stupid but that’s the legal requirement, not all things will be charged extra on a premium but they want to know  it has xyz .

So you can't provide any evidence at all?
I'd like you to provide your evidence that carrying a removable load in a unmodified commercial vehicle has to be declared to the insurance company.

As I said earlier I did post the email from the insurance company on here and it had to be deleted  under GDPR regulations, I still have it somewhere

If their statement was factually correct. On what basis did they claim it had to be removed under GDPR?

Breach of confidentiality it was between me and them only , the small print dies say that it’s not to be shared

Tam1872

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2024, 01:47:52 pm »
I think Winpo you may find you’re not actually insured. It’s not your opinion that counts, it’s the insurers. Not unless you’re prepared to argue in court if ever your insurer  wasn’t prepared to pay out. I agree it’s unfair but personally I declare everything as I’m not prepared to take a the chance.

It's not actually the insurers either, the finacial ombasmun has final say if there's a grievance, and by what thete website states, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on  if they didn't pay out.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2024, 02:11:12 pm »
Insurance brokers are like any other sales person. If you're zipped up the back, then that's on you!
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2024, 04:35:08 pm »
You crack on guys. Do what you  want.
I’m with Alexander Swan. I tell them I got a tank in each van, I pay the money & I know 100% I’m insured.  And I get on with my life never worrying about it😎

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2024, 04:47:19 pm »
I’m with Alexander Swan. I tell them I got a tank in each van, I pay the money & I know 100% I’m insured.  And I get on with my life never worrying about it😎

Same here, but with another provider. I don't need to tell them what I carry, and they never asked. I just pay a lot less as I'm not burdened with a premium for modifying my van and I too know that I'm 100% insured!😎👌
Happy days, horses for courses.
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2024, 05:33:41 pm »
🤣🤣🤣

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2024, 05:45:18 pm »
🤣🤣🤣

Not sure which is funnier- your 'Buyer's Stockholm Syndrome' or you actually being happy about getting ripped off!🤔🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

Tam1872

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2024, 06:42:04 pm »

Same here, but with another provider. I don't need to tell them what I carry, and they never asked. I just pay a lot less as I'm not burdened with a premium for modifying my van and I too know that I'm 100% insured!😎👌
Happy days, horses for courses.

I wrote of a van in within the last couple of years and got paid out, even though i had a tank in the van.

martinw

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2024, 07:19:23 pm »
Funny how these threads become lively at times.
After dealing with my insurance last couple of weeks yes I heard from few brokers that diy tanks are becoming less desirable to insure. Bottom line anything that’s bolted or added must be disclosed or your should ask them if in doubt. Four insurance companies declined to cover  dc to dc charger  when it was declared as accessory which falls outside of standard list they have.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2024, 09:24:53 pm »
Funny how these threads become lively at times.
After dealing with my insurance last couple of weeks yes I heard from few brokers that diy tanks are becoming less desirable to insure. Bottom line anything that’s bolted or added must be disclosed or your should ask them if in doubt. Four insurance companies declined to cover  dc to dc charger  when it was declared as accessory which falls outside of standard list they have.

And that's it in a nutshell. It's quite simple to understand. This is about the only thing me & Simon have differing opinions on, 90% of the time we seem to be in complete harmony!😄
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2024, 09:44:23 pm »
We’ll agree to disagree  on this one Winpro👍I’m out now.

Stoots

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2024, 10:43:57 pm »
Ive never told an insurance company i carry a tank and never plan to. Its a van designed to carry a load, my tank is as secure as i can make it. Not worth worrying about, personally i only ever potter about town at max  40 mph. Only time i go on the motorway would be at a weekend with an empty tank....

What do you say if the insurer/broker asks you if your van has been modified in any way? Or if you carry a tank?

I always do my quotes on the comparison sites and do you carry a water tank isn't a question they ask.

As for modifications I just say no simple.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2024, 11:43:10 pm »
Ive never told an insurance company i carry a tank and never plan to. Its a van designed to carry a load, my tank is as secure as i can make it. Not worth worrying about, personally i only ever potter about town at max  40 mph. Only time i go on the motorway would be at a weekend with an empty tank....

What do you say if the insurer/broker asks you if your van has been modified in any way? Or if you carry a tank?

I always do my quotes on the comparison sites and do you carry a water tank isn't a question they ask.

So your tank is carried similarly to Winpro's?
It's a game of three halves!

CleanClear

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2024, 11:43:16 pm »

If they ever ask .. "what speed do you potter about town at"... DO NOT  say 40mph.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------