This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Van insurance with water tank modification included.
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2024, 08:35:56 am »
Who cares?I don't.
Please Malc lock this thread it's getting ridiculous now.What a waste of time and energy arguing over what WC declares his tank or not.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2024, 01:09:55 pm »
Who cares?I don't.
Please Malc lock this thread it's getting ridiculous now.What a waste of time and energy arguing over what WC declares his tank or not.

Most window cleaners do care. The discussion isn't a waste of time if a window cleaner wants to benefit from others experience.
It's a game of three halves!

Splash and dash

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2024, 03:50:31 pm »
FFS splash - stop trying to be a clever c@@t - actually listen to what's being said

A strapped down tank is NOT a modification - you and I bolt ours in thats a modification - can you see the difference

AND

to remind you when you last entered on this subject and posted a reply from your broker it clearly said a strapped in tank is not a modification but they advise to declare it
(hedging their bets and bumping up premiums of course)

Re read  what I have posted I said it’s NOT A MODIFICATION BUT NEEDS DECLARING PUT YOU GLASSES ON .
I also agree it doesn’t make sense having to declare it but that’s what every company I have spoken to have said .

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2024, 05:19:01 pm »
FFS splash - stop trying to be a clever c@@t - actually listen to what's being said

A strapped down tank is NOT a modification - you and I bolt ours in thats a modification - can you see the difference

AND

to remind you when you last entered on this subject and posted a reply from your broker it clearly said a strapped in tank is not a modification but they advise to declare it

Re read  what I have posted I said it’s NOT A MODIFICATION BUT NEEDS DECLARING PUT YOU GLASSES ON .
I also agree it doesn’t make sense having to declare it but that’s what every company I have spoken to have said .

Why does it need declaring if it's not a modification? Would you declare carrying anything else- a fridge, bricks, bags of plaster, radiators? Of course not because it's a commercial vehicle designed with the purpose of carrying loads. A water tank with baffles is clearly designed to transport water - hence the baffles. There is no reason to declare it unless the provider 'specifically' presents the question. And in 20 years I've never come across a single one that has!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2024, 05:34:04 pm »

AND

Why does it need declaring if it's not a modification? Would you declare carrying anything else- a fridge, bricks, bags of plaster, radiators? Of course not because it's a commercial vehicle designed with the purpose of carrying loads. A water tank with baffles is clearly designed to transport water - hence the baffles. There is no reason to declare it unless the provider 'specifically' presents the question. And in 20 years I've never come across a single one that has!

I agree it doesn’t make sense but that’s what they say ,a family member is a joiner and carpenter and on his van Insurance has had to say what kit he carries , power tools hand tools timber windows ,doors etc . My next door neighbour is a plumber and again they wanted a list of stuff he carries in the van , and the stuff he carries isn’t insured  but they want to know what’s in the van as it can increase the likelihood of it being broken into which in turn will increase the premium , that’s why they want to know . My vans are due for insurance renewal in November, December , and march I have already got the renewal invitation through and again it states quite clearly any water tank has to be declare,it doesn’t differentiate  between bolted in or strapped in , and it states clearly the email must not be shared or I would post it on here but last time got in a lot of trouble for doing so , but perhaps smudger can remember it and what it said ? As he did read it at the time .

Tam1872

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2024, 06:53:33 pm »
It doesn't need declared ffs, when in a hole, it's better to stop digging than keep going even though you know your wrong too.

Splash and dash

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2024, 07:27:18 pm »
It doesn't need declared ffs, when in a hole, it's better to stop digging than keep going even though you know your wrong too.

That’s not what the insurance company’s state in there blurb I posted it on hear a while ago and I still have the email from them and have had another one  stating exactly the  same just a few days ago , I agree it doesn’t make sense but this is from two different companies

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2024, 07:48:02 pm »
My brother works in insurance and they are a law unto their own. Two Semi bungalows down south, one had insurance the other had no insurance. The one that had insurance, thatch roof caught fire and both burned to the ground. I expected the one with insurance would pay out and rebuild both homes. No, they only built the one that had insurance the old woman in the other ended up homeless. The neighbours all chipped in and bought her a portacabin which sits where her home once stood. Now, everyone on here will say that's not right But its the way insurance works, they have their own laws.

What I'm getting at is this :- They like to take money but only query things when they have to pay out. If they can find a loop hole in our insurance then they will not pay out. So when you take insurance, you better tell them everything you are using the van for or it might come back to haunt you like the old woman who once had a thatch semi bungalow. fwiw

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2024, 07:56:00 pm »
My brother works in insurance and they are a law unto their own. Two Semi bungalows down south, one had insurance the other had no insurance. The one that had insurance, thatch roof caught fire and both burned to the ground. I expected the one with insurance would pay out and rebuild both homes. No, they only built the one that had insurance the old woman in the other ended up homeless. The neighbours all chipped in and bought her a portacabin which sits where her home once stood. Now, everyone on here will say that's not right But its the way insurance works, they have their own laws.

What I'm getting at is this :- They like to take money but only query things when they have to pay out. If they can find a loop hole in our insurance then they will not pay out. So when you take insurance, you better tell them everything you are using the van for or it might come back to haunt you like the old woman who once had a thatch semi bungalow. fwiw

Ok, thanks for that. I'll phone them up tomorrow and tell them that I transport a water tank in my unmodified van......because some old
woman's house burned down! It gets better this thread!🤣🤣🤣🤣
My Porkie detector has now gone nuclear!!🤣
Comfortably Numb!

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2024, 08:14:47 pm »
Ok, thanks for that. I'll phone them up tomorrow and tell them that I transport a water tank in my unmodified van......because some old

I understand it sounds crazy but read the link and then come back laughing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17403527

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2024, 08:21:32 pm »

I understand it sounds crazy but read the link and then come back laughing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17403527

The point being, what has this case got to do with this thread? The woman wasn't even insured to begin with. Did you honestly believe that next doors insurance would pay her out?🫣
You're still talking nonsense.
Comfortably Numb!

JandS

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2024, 09:14:33 pm »
https://www.admiral.com/van-insurance/modified

Scroll down to the 20 most popular van modifications.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2024, 09:28:19 pm »

And? It says water tank. That's it. I can assure you it will refer to a installation that modifies the van i.e. bolting through the floor, using spreader plates etc. this is blatantly obvious when you see the other 'modifications'.
Comfortably Numb!

Tam1872

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2024, 11:22:19 pm »

That’s not what the insurance company’s state in there blurb I posted it on hear a while ago and I still have the email from them and have had another one  stating exactly the  same just a few days ago , I agree it doesn’t make sense but this is from two different companies

Well  are to explain how I got paid out in full when my vehicle was written off ?.

Tam1872

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2024, 11:29:29 pm »

And? It says water tank. That's it. I can assure you it will refer to a installation that modifies the van i.e. bolting through the floor, using spreader plates etc. this is blatantly obvious when you see the other 'modifications'.

Alot of clutching at straws here instead of just holding up there hands and say that they are wrong.

We all get it wrong at some point. It's no big deal, 

Simon Trapani

« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2024, 01:09:16 pm »
Just a bit of a grey area. Some window cleaners don’t mind taking the chance, others aren’t prepared to.

I think we really are done on this now aren’t we?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2024, 01:20:15 pm »
Just a bit of a grey area. Some window cleaners don’t mind taking the chance, others aren’t prepared to.

I think we really are done on this now aren’t we?

I'd say it's more black and white. Modified or unmodified- it's as simple as that. A strapped in tank using the manufacturers lashing points is not a modification. Using a cage, frame etc. bolted through the floor is modification. There's nothing grey here!👍
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2024, 03:42:21 pm »
There are other window cleaning forums but only ciu can produce threads like this, absolute drivel back and forth, 8 pages in keep it going chaps.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2024, 05:59:12 pm »
I did ask 'popcorn anyone?' on page two of the original thread that's now locked ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2024, 06:08:11 pm »
I did ask 'popcorn anyone?' on page two of the original thread that's now locked ;D

🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!