This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Van insurance with water tank modification included.
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2024, 04:42:06 pm »
Personally I feel safer bolting my tank in through a frame rather than sitting it on a pallet and strapping it to the loading points.

Therefore I have modified my van and need to declare as such.

Having said that, I understand that putting a tank on a pallet and strapping it down with cargo straps - as long as it is filled within payload and axle weight is no different to carrying a tank of orange juice between the Um Bongo factory and Tesco.
It's a game of three halves!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2024, 04:47:50 pm »
Like I said I don't need to prove anything........but the first thing they asked after I told them I was a WFP window cleaner was do you have a water tank in your van....they also said it doesn't matter whether it is fixed or strapped it needs to be declared.....this was A Swann on phone..............you seem very reluctant to declare it and yet insist you are insured so prove it.....it should be easy with a phone call.

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!
You're an idiot buddy, not sure if you're drunk or not but either prove your point or stop making yourself look utterly stupid by spreading false information!🥱

It’s not false information what he’s saying is right , tanks should be declared regardless of how they are secured , some firms will charge more others won’t , why are you so afraid to declare it ?

Ok then, prove that claim, or stop spreading false information Splash. If you took the time to read the thread you would help yourself not look so silly!
So, either provide the evidence or stop talking utter nonsense!🥱

I have the evidence in email form but as I said before I can’t post it as I did before and it had to be taken down as they were going to take legal action under GDPR regulation s .
All insurance companies that I have spoken to have said it has to be declared depending how it’s held in the van it will be a modification or it might not be a modification but still needs declaring some will charge more for it and some won’t it just needs to be included on the policy that’s what they are saying .  Ime not interested in an argument ime just stating the facts from several insurance companies just as others have done , if you chose not to tell your insurance company that’s your choice I just hope you don’t employ and the employee has an accident  that’s all .

Well there you go. My insurance provider, clearly isn't one that you have 'spoken' to. The email you refer to is the opinion of the  broker based only on the providers that they deal with, and that's all it is.
I challenge you to find just ONE example from Google, regarding van modifications, that would deem my installation as a modification. Just one.
The truth is, a bolted-in tank is classed as s modification- because you have changed the van from as it was supplied in factory spec (obviously). I secure my tank by the method described earlier and I have NOT modified my van from factory spec. So, find an example where my installation would be classed as a vehicle modification and post it up here. This doesn't include what your broker says- it's their job to increase your premium as they'll work on a percentage of the premium. Or, even better, get your broker to contribute to this thread- they'll poop their pants at the prospect of being exposed!!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2024, 04:57:16 pm »
Like I said I don't need to prove anything........but the first thing they asked after I told them I was a WFP window cleaner was do you have a water tank in your van....they also said it doesn't matter whether it is fixed or strapped it needs to be declared.....this was A Swann on phone..............you seem very reluctant to declare it and yet insist you are insured so prove it.....it should be easy with a phone call.

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!
You're an idiot buddy, not sure if you're drunk or not but either prove your point or stop making yourself look utterly stupid by spreading false information!🥱

It’s not false information what he’s saying is right , tanks should be declared regardless of how they are secured , some firms will charge more others won’t , why are you so afraid to declare it ?

Ok then, prove that claim, or stop spreading false information Splash. If you took the time to read the thread you would help yourself not look so silly!

I have the evidence in email form but as I said before I can’t post it as I did before and it had to be taken down as they were going to take legal action under GDPR regulation s .
All insurance companies that I have spoken to have said it has to be declared depending how it’s held in the van it will be a modification or it might not be a modification but still needs declaring some will charge more for it and some won’t it just needs to be included on the policy that’s what they are saying .  Ime not interested in an argument ime just stating the facts from several insurance companies just as others have done , if you chose not to tell your insurance company that’s your choice I just hope you don’t employ and the employee has an accident  that’s all .

Well there you go. My insurance provider, clearly isn't one that you have 'spoken' to. The email you refer to is the opinion of the  broker based only on the providers that they deal with, and that's all it is.
I challenge you to find just ONE example from Google, regarding van modifications, that would deem my installation as a modification. Just one.
The truth is, a bolted-in tank is classed as s modification- because you have changed the van from as it was supplied in factory spec (obviously). I secure my tank by the method described earlier and I have NOT modified my van from factory spec. So, find an example where my installation would be classed as a vehicle modification and post it up here. This doesn't include what your broker says- it's their job to increase your premium as they'll work on a percentage of the premium. Or, even better, get your broker to contribute to this thread- they'll poop their pants at the prospect of being exposed!!

Here you go the first insurance broker I came up with on Google

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2024, 05:24:46 pm »

Alexander Swan🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I rest my case!

Here you go the first insurance broker I came up with on Google

What's that got to do with the question I asked you? It states nothing. It's a statement written in the style of a mechanic sucking through his teeth! Expand the boxes and lets see the finer detail.
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2024, 05:31:47 pm »
All their statements refer to modifications of the van. They're telling you nothing beyond what's already been established on this thread.
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2024, 05:34:27 pm »
Yes but that above is clearly targetting window cleaners trying to sell them a policy so they may indeed try to convince you what you need to declare.

When i get a quote i do it online via the comparison sites and answer all the questions truthfully. Since "Do you carry a water tank" isnt one of them and i havent modified my van theres absoloutely no need to mention it imo.

But ultimately who cares, we can all do as we please, drive carefully with a full tank and lets hope none of us ever needs to find out the hard way.

Splash and dash

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2024, 06:29:01 pm »
All their statements refer to modifications of the van. They're telling you nothing beyond what's already been established on this thread.

Ok let’s put it another way then , I have all my vans due for insurance in November and December give me your insurance company or brokers details and I’ll get some quotes from them and we will see what they ask and what they say is a modification or needs declaring I can’t be fairer than that

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2024, 07:09:05 pm »

Ok let’s put it another way then , I have all my vans due for insurance in November and December give me your insurance company or brokers details and I’ll get some quotes from them and we will see what they ask and what they say is a modification or needs declaring I can’t be fairer than that

No need, just provide the evidence of what you are claiming. Why don't you phone your provider tomorrow and ask them to prepare a statement of fact that you can share here. Surely they wouldn't mind. Surely, if every provider deems my set up as a modification, then the evidence should be very easy to come by?
We're Six pages in and still not one person can show any evidence, whatsoever, where any insurance company would class my set up as a modification to the vehicle... not one!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2024, 07:39:18 pm »

No need, just provide the evidence of what you are claiming. Why don't you phone your provider tomorrow and ask them to prepare a statement of fact that you can share here. Surely they wouldn't mind. Surely, if every provider deems my set up as a modification, then the evidence should be very easy to come by?
We're Six pages in and still not one person can show any evidence, whatsoever, where any insurance company would class my set up as a modification to the vehicle... not one!

Stop deflecting the question who do you use for your insurance it’s a simple enough question, I will phone them tomorrow and get a quote , why are you afraid to give this information?  I know why so do you and so does everyone else  .

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2024, 07:41:50 pm »

Stop deflecting the question who do you use for your insurance it’s a simple enough question, I will phone them tomorrow and get a quote , why are you afraid to give this information?  I know why so do you and so does everyone else  .

You're still here talking nonsense?
Any evidence yet?🥱🥱
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2024, 07:44:17 pm »

Any evidence yet?🥱🥱

I have a statement from my insurance provider , but am always happy to speak to others that may do things differently, so who is your insurance with ? So I can get a quote

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2024, 07:45:57 pm »
Insurance companies are happy to sell you insurance but wait till you try and claim. If you have not declared a strap down tank then your policy is null and void. Then there will be repercussions because you were driving without legal insurance. Its not worth trying to save a few bob by being naïve, better to get all the details out and know you will be fully insured.   

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2024, 08:05:06 pm »
Insurance companies are happy to sell you insurance but wait till you try and claim. If you have not declared a strap down tank then your policy is null and void. Then there will be repercussions because you were driving without legal insurance. Its not worth trying to save a few bob by being naïve, better to get all the details out and know you will be fully insured.   

Ok then, provide the evidence for this. Prove your statement. I GUARANTEE YOU NOW THAT YOU CAN'T!
Geeze, can't believe how utterly thick some grown adults really are!😆
Please, please, someone provide the evidence to clarify this utter nonsense.... Or just shut up and stop talking utter rubbish for the sake of talking..... Utter rubbish!🥱🥱
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2024, 08:38:45 pm »

Ok then, provide the evidence for this. Prove your statement. I GUARANTEE YOU NOW THAT YOU CAN'T!
Please, please, someone provide the evidence to clarify this utter nonsense.... Or just shut up and stop talking utter rubbish for the sake of talking..... Utter rubbish!🥱🥱

So as you are far more intelligent than the rest of us enlighten us with your insurance provider so we can get a quote , but you won’t will you as you know we are right

Tam1872

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2024, 08:48:50 pm »

Any evidence yet?🥱🥱

I have a statement from my insurance provider , but am always happy to speak to others that may do things differently, so who is your insurance with ? So I can get a quote

I completely wrote off a van last year, completely my fault for the accident. Van was in some mess.  Tank didn't move an inch.  Insurance paid out in full with no mention of tank in the back.  I don't think you can get much more proof than that.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2024, 09:22:51 pm »

So as you are far more intelligent than the rest of us enlighten us with your insurance provider so we can get a quote , but you won’t will you as you know we are right

Dude, I don't need to. I know exactly what my contract with my provider is. I know exactly their entire criteria which must be met in order to benefit from the cover. I know that I am fully insured with commercial use as a window cleaner- it's all on my policy documents. I know for absolute sure that my vehicle isn't classed as modified- because it's not. So, I know what I'm saying is true and factual.
You, on the other hand refute all that. The other moron claims to know that I'm not even covered!😆
So, in my eyes, it's completely up to you to prove what you are claiming as factual for the entire UK commercial vehicle insurance industry! So instead of talking complete boll@x, either grow up or show the good people of this forum some evidence on which your claims are based! It's as simple as that dude, and you, nor anyone else here can do just that! Stop spreading baseless, false information and claiming regurgitated hearsay as fact.

Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2024, 09:37:48 pm »

Dude, I don't need to. I know exactly what my contract with my provider is. I know exactly their entire criteria which must be met in order to benefit from the cover. I know that I am fully insured with commercial use as a window cleaner- it's all on my policy documents. I know for absolute sure that my vehicle isn't classed as modified- because it's not. So, I know what I'm saying is true and factual.
You, on the other hand refute all that. The other moron claims to know that I'm not even covered!😆
So, in my eyes, it's completely up to you to prove what you are claiming as factual for the entire UK commercial vehicle insurance industry! So instead of talking complete boll@x, either grow up or show the good people of this forum some evidence on which your claims are based! It's as simple as that dude, and you, nor anyone else here can do just that! Stop spreading baseless, false information and claiming regurgitated hearsay as fact.

You provide the evidence that you claim to have then , who are you insured with come on name the company so that the rest of us Neanderthal s can benefit from your skills at something that we can’t do .

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2024, 09:41:48 pm »

You provide the evidence that you claim to have then , who are you insured with come on name the company so that the rest of us Neanderthal s can benefit from your skills at something that we can’t do .

Wow, what a  complete muppet!🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

Splash and dash

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2024, 10:04:27 pm »

Wow, what a  complete muppet!🤣🤣

Is that the best you can come up with , name your insurance provider and finish this debate then

tlwcs

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2024, 05:20:59 pm »
Mods, please make this stop.
I’m going giddy