This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave the rave

Safe contractors scheme
« on: October 09, 2024, 02:42:23 pm »
Has anyone signed up with Safe Contractors scheme and managed to get more work by being a member ?

cgh window cleaning

Re: Safe contractors scheme
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2024, 04:10:23 pm »
I’ve had it for years and will drop it this year.
It won’t bring any work in at all.,it may give you an edge or advantage over others when quoting but the actual scheme will not funnel any work to you.

simon w

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2024, 06:42:29 pm »
I was a member for years, then stopped as they were getting greedy & expensive all my H&S & RAMS are spot on, insurance etc so really have no need for them. Never really got work for just being safecontractor, just used it on my website and a way to impress commercial customers.  I'd rather spend the membership fee on a local H&S consultant to get all your RAMS  etc looking really professional then you've got your own digital RAMS quick and easy when you gain new commercial work. 

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2024, 07:35:22 pm »
How much does it cost per year?

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2024, 07:21:08 am »
I had a large comercial job that got taken over. The new company said all contracters had to be safe contractor. I had cleaned there windows for 14yrs and told them that I would bow out, as there were hours of online training involved.

A year later I get the phone call, they now can aprove contractors themselves on site. And hay ho Really good price increase and back cleaning the job.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2024, 08:01:02 am »
I had a large comercial job that got taken over. The new company said all contracters had to be safe contractor. I had cleaned there windows for 14yrs and told them that I would bow out, as there were hours of online training involved.

A year later I get the phone call, they now can aprove contractors themselves on site. And hay ho Really good price increase and back cleaning the job.

I had similar a few years back - happily cleaning a national company's local offices for ten years and then got notified that I needed to go to their training course for contractor's safety at my expense for two days in Leicester and at my cost of £499 for the course!

A quick conversation with the local branch site manager and hey presto - two days later they say they will waive the requirement for me if I would go to the local office for two hours training on working around plant, fork-trucks etc. at no cost to me.

It was a useful reminder type of course and I carried on working there.

Might be worth asking the question?
It's a game of three halves!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2024, 09:43:25 pm »
I was a member for years, then stopped as they were getting greedy & expensive all my H&S & RAMS are spot on, insurance etc so really have no need for them. Never really got work for just being safecontractor, just used it on my website and a way to impress commercial customers.  I'd rather spend the membership fee on a local H&S consultant to get all your RAMS  etc looking really professional then you've got your own digital RAMS quick and easy when you gain new commercial work.

yeah i had the same. commerical job got bbough tmy another ciompany, i needed to join safe contractor so put up my price to cover it plus some. this year told its sold again and the new company dont need it. the price is staying the same tho!

not had a sinbgle job thru it though. i think on the last call they made begging me to stay (they will reduce the cost by up to half) they said the 5000 plus companmies who are on the scheme cant be wrong... massive pain in the arse the amount of paperwork they insist on me doing too. glad im rid of them
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

trevor povey

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2024, 05:37:05 am »
Avoid there a bunch of shysters even have there own cancellation department who you get put onto after wrangling with them over next years premium..then hey presto they come back with a lower price..bit like having Sky...and to conclude no extra work directly from it