This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

update on my stroke
« on: September 30, 2024, 04:01:06 pm »
good news is I'm feeling a lot better now just a bit sore where I had the operation.

Today for the first time I drove my car to Tesco's  for a bit of shopping and that went okay.

Tomorrow I'm going to clean my own windows at home and if that pans out okay on Saturday I have 2 very small commercial  jobs to do and finally back to work next Monday but on a smaller scale.

matty72

Re: update on my stroke
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2024, 07:28:17 pm »
Hi jay, nice one sounds like your doing well, I'm going back tomorrow as well after my triple hernia op, taking it slow though, they messed up one of the hernias a bit so got to take it easy, good luck.

DJW

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 09:53:52 pm »
good news is I'm feeling a lot better now just a bit sore where I had the operation.

Today for the first time I drove my car to Tesco's  for a bit of shopping and that went okay.

Tomorrow I'm going to clean my own windows at home and if that pans out okay on Saturday I have 2 very small commercial  jobs to do and finally back to work next Monday but on a smaller scale.

RETIRE you lunatic!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2024, 10:56:06 pm »

RETIRE you lunatic!

Bit rude.
It's a game of three halves!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2024, 06:18:28 am »
Well done Jay, I’m sure it’ll be good for the mind and body to get out and work a bit, good exercise as well.

james peters

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2024, 07:21:41 am »
great news ;D

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2024, 07:36:44 am »

RETIRE you lunatic!
really ??

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2024, 09:02:53 am »

Big wake up call for you mate.....

Give up the tobacco
Stop drinking or cut down drastically
Educate yourself in regards to diet
Try and get a good sleep routine
Ease yourself back into work/activity
Find ways to relax that doesn't include alcohol or cigarettes

Good luck pal!👍
price higher/work harder!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2024, 01:26:18 pm »

Give up the tobacco

Good luck pal

Luckily I don't smoke or touch drink and my wife is drastically changing my diet for better

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2024, 10:24:40 pm »

Give up the tobacco

Good luck pal

Luckily I don't smoke or touch drink and my wife is drastically changing my diet for better

Well done for giving up smoking! My missus gave up over 3 months ago now and I'm over the moon because I wouldn't move in with her if she'd of carried on. She's given up weed too and cut right back on her drinking!👍🙂
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2024, 12:06:51 am »

RETIRE you lunatic!

Rude!!

colin bird

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2024, 04:42:14 pm »

RETIRE you lunatic!

maybe hes not in a position to be able to retire,everyones finacial  situation is different,also in my opinion if you have been self employed for many years, and lived with no work no pay ! retirement is not a good option,as your just waiting to die. work gives you a purpose in life its also a discipline as it makes you get out of bed. im not in a bad finacial  postion and could retire all be it on a reduced income,but the thought of not working  frightens me to death, im 63 still working 5 days in a couple of years i may take a bit of my pension and work three days a week to still have the same income as working full time.
thats just my opinon

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2024, 07:30:36 pm »
We don't just work for money, we mostly work so we can have a purpose in life. I enjoy working like this week helping my mate with an attic conversion. A few days helping him and then out cleaning windows and back helping him. Keeps everyone happy and the money is a bonus. The reason so many young folk are depressed is because little meaningful jobs up here after the Rats, I mean the nats destroyed our public services.

james peters

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2024, 07:12:45 am »

RETIRE you lunatic!

maybe hes not in a position to be able to retire,everyones finacial  situation is different,also in my opinion if you have been self employed for many years, and lived with no work no pay ! retirement is not a good option,as your just waiting to die. work gives you a purpose in life its also a discipline as it makes you get out of bed. im not in a bad finacial  postion and could retire all be it on a reduced income,but the thought of not working  frightens me to death, im 63 still working 5 days in a couple of years i may take a bit of my pension and work three days a week to still have the same income as working full time.
thats just my opinon

completely agree with this...
I would like to work part time at pension age , even if its 2/3 mornings a week.
I enjoy it. its not always about the money

Phil J

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2024, 05:19:57 pm »
Good luck Jay  :)

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2024, 02:01:38 pm »
update, well I did the 2 commercial jobs this morning and I had no problems even though 1 of them was 3 stories high,

so onwards and upwards.

Splash and dash

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2024, 03:12:25 pm »
update, well I did the 2 commercial jobs this morning and I had no problems even though 1 of them was 3 stories high,

so onwards and upwards.

Good on you just don’t overdo it  👍

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2024, 03:46:57 pm »

so onwards and upwards.

Good on you just don’t overdo it  👍

no worries Splash I'm going to cut back a bit on my work load

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2024, 04:26:55 pm »
Theres no need to Huray back

Arnold Palmer

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2024, 05:20:05 pm »
Theres no need to Huray back

Excellent.