This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Ever Thought of Carpet Cleaning?
« on: September 19, 2024, 08:59:03 pm »
Bugger me, £210 for 3 average size rooms and a staircase. Took 2 of them less than an hour.

Fnuck it, my quotes are going sky high in the future.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

Re: Ever Thought of Carpet Cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2024, 09:44:34 am »
Bugger me, £210 for 3 average size rooms and a staircase. Took 2 of them less than an hour.

Fnuck it, my quotes are going sky high in the future.

Your obviously not happy with your current window cleaning round....

Remember when your on the outside looking in you think 'wow they must be making a fortune!'...don't forget their overheads,wages,tax and expensive equipment they have to fork out for...

Ive had a few hours this week where I've made over £100 an hour just maintenance window cleaning....of course I don't make this every hour I work...

Remember carpet cleaners have to constantly advertise plus would you want to be going into people's houses all the time with all their clutter,pets,etc?...I wouldn't!😂👍
price higher/work harder!

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2024, 09:52:56 am »
Yep, all these jobs like oven and carpet cleaning are pretty much all one off work as the intervals between cleaning are so long. As such you'd need a large catchment area, lots of travelling, constant advertising etc, you need to be earning good money on the job to make up for all the times your not cleaning/driving. And I bet in carpet cleaning you'd get to work in some pretty unpleasant houses.

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2024, 09:54:59 am »
Yep, all these jobs like oven and carpet cleaning are pretty much all one off work as the intervals between cleaning are so long. As such you'd need a large catchment area, lots of travelling, constant advertising etc, you need to be earning good money on the job to make up for all the times your not cleaning/driving. And I bet in carpet cleaning you'd get to work in some pretty unpleasant houses.

I can't get an oven cleaner until 2 October. What does that tell you?

NBwcs

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2024, 10:58:03 am »

I can't get an oven cleaner until 2 October. What does that tell you?

It tells me he goes home knackered and does alot of driving if he's fully booked. But he probably isn't, our oven guy covers the whole of Lincolnshire and a bit beyond and will only book me in when he's in our area  doing someone else's too else he'd be all over the place, doesn't mean he's fully booked all the time. Each to their  own but when I watched our bloke he was on his knees using alot of elbow grease with a scraper, even with all the chemicals they use it still looked like a good workout.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2024, 12:56:28 pm »
I'm so glad I've stuck at window cleaning for 31 years as I now have a near perfect,well paid, part time round that doesn't grind me down and provides me with a satisfactory income with virtually no stress.

That's all I've ever wanted really!

A low stress,part time,well paid job!😎👍
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2024, 04:12:50 pm »
Ive tried carpet cleaning a couple of times, done all the training, bought really good equipment.

like anything its area dependant but where i am £60 for a room is about the limit. By the time youve got there, got all the gear out, moved furniture, vacuumed, pre sprayed, extracted, run the fans etc and got to your next job its not worth it.

If it took 2 of them less than an hour they definitely havent followed all the steps you should take.

Theres money in it but nothing beats window cleaning for repeat work and ease. its poope but it runs itself.

JandS

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2024, 08:00:46 pm »
If it took 2 of them less than an hour for 3 rooms and a staircase they probably haven't done it properly.....especially if it was a portable.......with a truckmount  might just be possible.
My best time for set up, clean properly and be packed up and away was an hour for a one room job with brilliant access with a portable.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2024, 11:11:41 pm »
If it took 2 of them less than an hour for 3 rooms and a staircase they probably haven't done it properly.....especially if it was a portable.......with a truckmount  might just be possible.
My best time for set up, clean properly and be packed up and away was an hour for a one room job with brilliant access with a portable.

Rooms were all clear as just about to move in. Big noisy truck mount, sprayed carpets and then done whatever they do. Quoted £210 but took £175 cash. Bit of a p take I think. Carpets weren't minging but wanted them cleaned before furniture was in.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2024, 12:31:11 pm »
Yeh but then truck mounts can run into into the tens of thousands £££.

Plus I doubt every job is that simple.

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2024, 12:33:56 pm »
If it took 2 of them less than an hour they definitely havent followed all the steps you should take.

You sound like a trad to wfp customer.

The questions should not be how long did it take. The question should be is the job done.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2024, 03:56:41 pm »

The questions should not be how long did it take. The question should be is the job done.

Not really,  i agree it doesnt matter how long a job takes only that its done properly....but if you have ever cleaned carpets you`ll know that half an hour to perform everything i just said is pretty much impossible.

It more like your employee cleaning a 3 bed semi in 2 mins, its not possible without cutting corners.

Soupy

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2024, 04:05:32 pm »

Not really,  i agree it doesnt matter how long a job takes only that its done properly....but if you have ever cleaned carpets you`ll know that half an hour to perform everything i just said is pretty much impossible.

It more like your employee cleaning a 3 bed semi in 2 mins, its not possible without cutting corners.

Wouldn't Bungle notice if they weren't clean?
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

the king

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2024, 08:06:00 pm »
ive heard horror stories with carpets shrinking the machines are huge too my mate has van mount

colin bird

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2024, 04:48:07 am »
ive heard horror stories with carpets shrinking the machines are huge too my mate has van mount

I think it’s the same as window cleaning,you can have all the best equipments to do a good job ,but if the person doing the job isn’t committed to doing a good job you will end up with a bad results