This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

Wow! I’m in the money!
« on: September 18, 2024, 06:00:40 pm »

zesty

Re: Wow! I’m in the money!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2024, 06:11:27 pm »
You’ve hit the jackpot!

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2024, 06:36:12 pm »
Though not likely to be something to tempt you away from window cleaning, it's quite a good hourly rate to be fair.  Most of these type of jobs when advertised on Indeed are minimum wage. 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2024, 06:44:26 pm »
Should av told Dean to look up Michael McKeary on the CIU forum, I’m sure he would be happy to help out😁

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2024, 06:49:49 pm »
Should av told Dean to look up Michael McKeary on the CIU forum, I’m sure he would be happy to help out😁

Mike would have done it for FA.  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2024, 08:08:32 pm »
I always carry Triggers broom in my van, never know when one might need it. 🤑

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2024, 06:27:06 am »
I’d be seriously insulted if someone had sent me that message.  People think we’re bottom of the pile. I guess we should let them carry on thinking that though. Keep it our secret 🤫

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2024, 06:39:44 am »
I’d be seriously insulted if someone had sent me that message.  People think we’re bottom of the pile. I guess we should let them carry on thinking that though. Keep it our secret 🤫
We are the bottom of the pile though ;D maybe 1 up from the binmen just!

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2024, 07:42:16 am »

Binmen stop working = we're all screwed.

Shiners stop working = ......meh.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2024, 08:00:30 am »

Nah. The binmen do a much more useful job.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2024, 08:07:07 am »

Seriously insulted?

;D

Easy to forget what I did in the first year of self employment to pay the mortgage and feed the kids.

Painted a shed or fence occasionally.
Cleared a pile of topsoil taking two trips to the tip in my then 15 year old Volvo Estate.
Drove a customer to London on his insurance in his car when he was unable to drive.
Cleaned and vacuumed a nightclub on boxing day for £10 an hour in 1996.

I wasn't always Malc the mighty meglacorp mogul you see before you today!

;D
It's a game of three halves!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2024, 08:13:24 am »
I mean insulted because they think we earn a pittance & are desperate. It’s still got that tracksuit bottoms, beer money & off to the bookies stigma. That’s why I can’t be doing with customers. I’ve seen & heard it all over the years.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2024, 08:40:56 am »
I mean insulted because they think we earn a pittance & are desperate. It’s still got that tracksuit bottoms, beer money & off to the bookies stigma. That’s why I can’t be doing with customers. I’ve seen & heard it all over the years.

I was once that sort of shiner(apart from frequenting bookies)...

Mondeo,ladders tied on with rope(slanted on the roof rack of course!),old jeans and T shirt and holes in my shoes with a serious alcohol problem 😎👍
price higher/work harder!

NBwcs

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2024, 09:26:40 am »

Mondeo,ladders tied on with rope(slanted on the roof rack of course!),old jeans and T shirt and holes in my shoes with a serious alcohol problem 😎👍

Nothings changed  ;D

Simon Trapani

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2024, 12:09:40 pm »

I was similar Daz until I realised that if I didn’t have respect for myself then how could I expect respect from others. I tell my employee that when he turns up in unironed clothes!

Tam1872

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2024, 01:15:58 pm »

How much do you pay your employees ?, since £13 an hour would be an insult.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2024, 02:37:50 pm »
You’re missing the point Tam. They haven’t asked him to window clean for a week. They think he’s some sort of odd job man that will drop his work at their say so & go sweep a carpark etc for a week. It’s a p take in my opinion.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2024, 04:15:06 pm »
Ahem!! I was a binman before becoming a window cleaner 😁

deeege

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2024, 06:31:06 pm »

Why would you be insulted? I couldn’t give a monkeys what anyone thinks of the job I do. Actually it amuses me of anyone looks down their nose at me these days.

It’s usually an office worker that’s locked to their desk 9-5 anyway. Little do they know the money and quality of life this ‘job’ affords anyway. Just nod and smile, it’s us that’s having the last laugh…
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Simon Trapani

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2024, 06:57:29 pm »
I agree Deeege but they still annoy me at the same time.