This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Price increases
« on: September 18, 2024, 10:27:39 am »
Decided to bite the bullet and stick an extra £1/£2     on my prices     Fronts & Full House Cleans
Had a couple  answering    oh thats a bit much.         I always do it in steps      a few here and a few there to get a feel as to how they feel.       Most are ok   
There are lots of new customers who actually dont mind paying a good price for a decent window cleaner who the know wont miss any windows and are above all Trusting and Reliable.     Even casp payers which is a bonus these days

colin bird

Re: Price increases
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2024, 12:34:44 am »
when was your last price in crease ? how long have you been cleaning for them ?

Klean07

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2024, 08:27:14 am »
We've just started putting ours up too.  For most this is the first increase for 5 years. We normally do anything up to £15 up by £2 then £3 up to £30 then £5 for anything else,
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

NBwcs

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2024, 09:31:45 am »
We've just started putting ours up too.  For most this is the first increase for 5 years. We normally do anything up to £15 up by £2 then £3 up to £30 then £5 for anything else,

5 years is  a very long time, you'll struggle to find  anyone in a paid job who's not had a payrise for 5 yrs. I do mine every 3 and frankly this isn't enough, in hindsight 2 yrs would have been ideal.

Klean07

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2024, 09:35:18 am »
That's a fair point but last 5 years we've had a pandemic a recession a fuel cap etc. Now is a better time imo
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2024, 09:48:47 am »
That's a fair point but last 5 years we've had a pandemic a recession a fuel cap etc. Now is a better time imo

I used to take that approach too but that pandemic, recession and fuel cap happened to affect you as well as your customers and with me, i found that when I did put them up, it was no surprise to them, they fully expected it.

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2024, 02:17:29 pm »
I put everyone up started in March, its was 3yrs since the last one. Everyone went up £5 and some went up £10.
This was below inflation everyone was ok and   never lost any.