This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Ever Thought About Oven Cleaning?
« on: September 17, 2024, 07:20:50 pm »
I hadn't until today. Try booking one in. They're booked up for weeks! I've got one on my round and he's  always home late morning. He reckons he dips the internals in a bath in the back of the van and while the solution does its stuff he cleans the inside. £75 for a double oven and people baulk at £75 for a conservatory 🥴
We look at them, they look through them.

Simon Trapani

Re: Ever Thought About Oven Cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 07:58:09 pm »
£130 odd for my Rangemaster😳

deeege

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 08:18:52 pm »
Sod that, it’s hard graft. Atleast it looked it when I got mine cleaned last year.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024, 08:35:26 pm »
I can see the appeal but if just doing this and nothing else, it might be hard to find enough customers.  Unlike with window cleaning, I imagine its something people would only have done about once every 12-18 months. 

Tam1872

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2024, 08:41:28 pm »
I can see the appeal but if just doing this and nothing else, it might be hard to find enough customers.  Unlike with window cleaning, I imagine its something people would only have done about once every 12-18 months.

You would think that, i know a guy whos just retired who done oven cleaning. Although hes not loaded, hes by no means skint and lives comfortably.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2024, 09:03:09 pm »

You would think that, i know a guy whos just retired who done oven cleaning. Although hes not loaded, hes by no means skint and lives comfortably.

Yep, the bloke I'm on about lives in a 5 bedroom detached house. Range Rover Evoque, Audi TT. Mrs is an air hostess and they get mega discounted holidays with TUI.

I've had a couple ring me back with availability. One said earliest 17th October and the other said November. I was looking for this Friday 🥴

Now we know why our land line rings during the day. They all think we're sat at home waiting for the phone to ring 😂

Looking like pizza or a chippy for tea for a while.
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2024, 09:23:33 pm »
Hawaiian pizza?

Put it on aloha setting!

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2024, 09:23:44 pm »
***". That.

****. All. Of. That.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

dustee

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2024, 09:33:48 pm »
Why not have a go yourself
Soak the racks etc in a solution of hot water and washing up liquid , then scrub clean . As for the oven get a bottle of caustic and some copper scourers and a scraper ( amazon or ebay )
Heat the oven up for ten mins apply caustic with paint brush leave to work for 30 mins the start scraping / scrubbing  , rinse of and job done

Enough reading on how to do on internet

colin bird

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2024, 12:44:00 am »
oven cleaning not for for me kneeling down on a hard floor,scrubbing the inside of a dirty greasy oven ,why the racks and shelves are in soak,getting neck ache,back ache.
im sure my hourly rate is much better than an oven cleaner.
the problem with window cleaning is being out in all weathers.but i would sooner do that than cleaning ovens
just my opinion

NBwcs

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2024, 12:21:10 pm »
Can't stand doing my own, the thought of doing everyone else's is a right turn off.