This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

Re: what would you do?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2024, 12:28:51 am »
Better to die living than live dying.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2024, 03:22:57 pm »
Not everyone in life gets a warning, your health is the most important thing to look after. Glad you pulled through, take heed of your warning and make some big changes now, it's a sign.

What's the most important thing in your life? Make the most of your time with your wife for none of us truly know how long we have got in this world,

Live within your means but live it with no regrets and live it to the full, time is precious the older we get so start living it, retire lock, stock and barrel.

Yep....no smoking,no alcohol,no illegal drugs.

Regular sleep routine
Lifting weights 3 times a week
10,000 -15,000 steps a day
Good diet

The 3 pillars of diet,sleep and exercise keeps most of us fairly healthy
price higher/work harder!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2024, 04:16:26 pm »
Hi guys, thank one and all for very constructive replies of which I will seriously take on board.

I'm going to take time out for a least 4 weeks and after that I will make my decision on what route to take. 

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2024, 06:02:21 pm »
Good luck Jay!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2024, 09:07:31 am »
Hi guys, I thought I would give you an update, I went back to hospital Monday morning to have an operation to remove a load of gunk from the vein in my neck.

They had to cut from my ear down to my neck it was successful  and they managed to get it all out.
I'm back home now and in a bit of pain and won't be able to work for at least 4 weeks.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2024, 11:35:49 am »
Not qualified to give you advice but like all of us I can offer you an opinion,
If you enjoy the work, keep Two days a week on and get by, Sell the remainder in bite size batches, which will maximise their value, The van will always have a resale value,
If you don't enjoy the work, sell up right now, consider your self retired and fill the rest of your days doing what you get pleasure & satisfaction from,
If I had survived a stroke, even a minor one, my window cleaning days would be over and the rest of my life would be ahead of me!!
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2024, 02:34:39 pm »
Hi guys, I thought I would give you an update, I went back to hospital Monday morning to have an operation to remove a load of gunk from the vein in my neck.

They had to cut from my ear down to my neck it was successful  and they managed to get it all out.
I'm back home now and in a bit of pain and won't be able to work for at least 4 weeks.

What was the 'gunk' Jay.

Glad all is going well.
It's a game of three halves!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2024, 04:01:58 pm »

What was the 'gunk' Jay.

Glad all is going well.

It was Plaque, years of poor eating and smoking

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2024, 08:15:15 am »
Any update Jay? Hope all is going well for you.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2024, 11:49:38 am »
Wishing you all the  best Jay.

I think if you enjoy it then keep a day or 2 a week on for a  bit of pocket money, after all even with the worst conditions it's very rare a doctor will advise against light physical activity...

If you don't enjoy it then sod that sell it tomorrow.

Even if you sold it all then decided you missed it, it's not the end of the world to build another day or 2 back up so you can't really lose either way.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2024, 07:55:54 am »
Any update Jay? Hope all is going well for you.

I'm home now recovering, the operation was successful and every morning there is improvement ,
my left arm is nearly back to normal,

I'm going to give it at least1 more week before I attempt to drive and then go from there.

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2024, 05:02:51 pm »
Good for you.

I’m nearly 4 months down the line from my accident and still would struggle WFPing, I can’t raise my right arm above shoulder level if I’m stood upright.