This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

customers with nice attitude
« on: September 11, 2024, 01:56:07 pm »
Yesterday I had a phone call from a lady asking me for a quote to do the window cleaning at her 1st floor flat, when I arrived she said that she has had 3 quotes from other wc's which she accepted, however not one of them turned up to do it.

The only problem that I could see was that there was a large hedgerow bush in front of one of the windows which means that it would not have been accessible using a ladder but no problem using wfp.

Anyway she accepted my quote and took the option of a 4 weekly clean (I offer 4 or 8 ) she  then paid me in cash including a £5 tip.

Later that afternoon when I got home she sent me a lovely text saying "thanks for doing my windows they look brilliant now (her words) and I replied "you are more than welcome and see you again in 4 weeks time" and she replied "yes please and once again thanks"

I had another customer who every time I did her windows she would text that evening and say "I have just paid you online and thank you my lovely clean windows Jay"

Sadly  she moved last week, I will miss her.

I do like customers that appreciate the work we do and don't look down their noses at us.

Tam1872

Re: customers with nice attitude
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 02:52:08 pm »
All my customers are nice, I used to have some who I didn't like and I used to put up with it because if I stopped doing it then it meant someone else coming into a street where I'm the only cleaner. Took me years to finally pluck up the courage and drop them, I wish I had done it sooner. One of them went through 3 window cleaners after me who didn't go back either. at the time I canceled her she wasn't happy, I said I deal with over 500 people a month and the only issue I get from any of them is from you, that would tell me your the problem and not me.

She phoned me and asked me to start cleaning again, I said I take it the other 3 window cleaners had an attitude problem aswell eh?. Told her I wouldn't be back. Thing is the husband was the complete opposite, really nice guy

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2024, 03:40:28 pm »
All my customers are nice, I used to have some who I didn't like and I used to put up with it because if I stopped doing it then it meant someone else coming into a street where I'm the only cleaner. Took me years to finally pluck up the courage and drop them, I wish I had done it sooner. One of them went through 3 window cleaners after me who didn't go back either. at the time I canceled her she wasn't happy, I said I deal with over 500 people a month and the only issue I get from any of them is from you, that would tell me your the problem and not me.

She phoned me and asked me to start cleaning again, I said I take it the other 3 window cleaners had an attitude problem aswell eh?. Told her I wouldn't be back. Thing is the husband was the complete opposite, really nice guy

.................... and probaby very hen pecked as well.
It does make you wonder how they got together in the first place.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2024, 06:19:09 pm »
I had a fab customer who became a very good friend.

She was also a sports masseur. I used to go to her about once a month or 6 weeks to get a back/shoulder massage. On one of those occasions we were talking about bike riding and how we’d both been thinking about doing some sort of charity bike ride.

The eventuality of that was that we ended up go to India together and doing a charity bike ride across the country together.

She was lovely, such a shame, she got cancer about 5 years ago and died 18 months ago. Sad loss.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2024, 08:21:18 pm »
I don’t need appreciation. I just wanna do a good job, get paid & go home. It’s just a mutual arrangement. Don’t kid yourself they actually care about you. That’s what I’ve learnt in my 32 years window cleaning.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2024, 09:02:12 am »

.................... and probaby very hen pecked as well.
It does make you wonder how they got together in the first place.

Every woman who is a complete b*i*t*c*h has a very easy going man as a husband.No other guy would put up with her. Same in reverse....I have some absolutely fantastic female customers with bullies as husband's....
price higher/work harder!

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2024, 09:29:01 am »
I am very easy to get on with and try and help my customers if I can. Tuesday I took away a double bed for one who lives round the corner from me. My mum is now giving the bed to one of her friends. I take most things away for her as its always the best of stuff. Over the years I have furnished my house with stuff including two nearly new couches because the couple didn't like the leather. I even get paid for taking the stuff away, win win situation.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2024, 10:42:34 am »
I am very easy to get on with and try and help my customers if I can. Tuesday I took away a double bed for one who lives round the corner from me. My mum is now giving the bed to one of her friends. I take most things away for her as its always the best of stuff. Over the years I have furnished my house with stuff including two nearly new couches because the couple didn't like the leather. I even get paid for taking the stuff away, win win situation.
You’re confused. That’s not helping them, that’s helping yourself.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2024, 12:58:08 pm »

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2024, 01:58:33 pm »

An actual lol from me 😂
We look at them, they look through them.

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2024, 02:32:42 pm »

The new electric bed arrives on Tuesday at 11am so I take away the old bed at 9am which means the customer has the bed to sleep on. It means I have to rearrange my diary to suit the new bed guys. The customer was over the moon, as I was leaving the bed guys were arriving. My customers live in a perfect world when I get involved. Today I got asked to fit a new house number plate and was happy to oblige. Battery hammer drill, battery drill, level and stool. Job was done in less than 10mins and I had made an extra tenner on the clean. This job is a licence to print money but you need a big van and have the tools in it at all times. Fit a few extra locks on the back and side doors so it doesn't get broken into. 10 till 2pm, £200 up and even manage to buy some pvc for a window job for another one of my customers. I feel I'm living the dream with this game.

Tam1872

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2024, 03:03:01 pm »

The new electric bed arrives on Tuesday at 11am so I take away the old bed at 9am which means the customer has the bed to sleep on. It means I have to rearrange my diary to suit the new bed guys. The customer was over the moon, as I was leaving the bed guys were arriving. My customers live in a perfect world when I get involved. Today I got asked to fit a new house number plate and was happy to oblige. Battery hammer drill, battery drill, level and stool. Job was done in less than 10mins and I had made an extra tenner on the clean. This job is a licence to print money but you need a big van and have the tools in it at all times. Fit a few extra locks on the back and side doors so it doesn't get broken into. 10 till 2pm, £200 up and even manage to buy some pvc for a window job for another one of my customers. I feel I'm living the dream with this game.

Last week it was windows and gutters only from now on, this week it's fitting door numbers and pvc window job. Taking away people's junk. Let's see what next week brings.

Bungle

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2024, 05:53:33 pm »

If you're happy p1551ng about all day that's all that matters 👍

I'm moving house next week and could do with an extra pair of hands. Would you be available Mike?
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2024, 05:17:08 pm »

Last week it was windows and gutters only from now on, this week it's fitting door numbers and pvc window job. Taking away people's junk. Let's see what next week brings.

It's handy to know someone like Michael.We all need people like him who do all sorts of odd jobs for the local community.He should be commended.

I personally can't be bothered to do jobs for my customers as I'm busy enough with my own family jobs to do when not window cleaning

Mums garden and odd jobs
Odd jobs for daughter(she's moving into her first house this week)
Odd jobs for missus around the house and garden(neverending)

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2024, 05:51:55 pm »
I was talking to a fella over here a couple of days ago who was doing a ‘dump run’ for someone, he was getting rid of a sofa and a chair and charging $190. That’s about £110.00.

I’m getting a new truck this week, well new to me, it’s second hand, if anyone wants a trip to the local dump I’d happily do that for £100.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2024, 08:50:35 am »
I was talking to a fella over here a couple of days ago who was doing a ‘dump run’ for someone, he was getting rid of a sofa and a chair and charging $190. That’s about £110.00.

I’m getting a new truck this week, well new to me, it’s second hand, if anyone wants a trip to the local dump I’d happily do that for £100.

My dad used to do it many years ago. The problem is you need  2 of you and a very large van

House clearances can be very lucrative esp if you have a lock up too....its amazing what some people throw out and if you know a few people who recover/refurbish old chairs,etc it can be a viable business

No chance with your injured shoulder though Matt...☹️

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2024, 06:19:18 pm »
I’m improving. I’ve done a fair bit of work so far.  It’s not so much a strength thing for me currently. More mobility, which is affected, but keeps improving. I do physio every day.

I’m also not thinking of house clearances, sod that.

There are no small trucks here. I’m just about, this week, to get a 5 litre GMC Sierra. It even has a heated exhaust pipe 😂😂

I’m also not thinking about going out there now and taking that line of work up from the get go. I also intend to invest in a good pressure washing setup over here and do that for a few months a year.

Windows? Highly unlikely.

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2024, 09:01:08 pm »
Once you have built up a good customer base then other avenues open up. We have plenty of old folk up here that need things done by trustworthy people and that's where we come in. That's what I have found and I intend to take full advantage of it, I can always say the job is not for me. This week's windows includes felting a flat lock up roof for one of my neighbour's. Just outside my backdoor and I don't even need to turn a wheel on the van, can't get better than that. Well, tell you next month if its still leaking. 😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2024, 12:09:38 am »

I hope you cleaned up after you😁