This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Golding

Ultra reach anti-twist poles
« on: September 08, 2024, 04:28:25 pm »
Has anyone tried these? Seems to be  a lot of love for them on their fb page. There’s a video comparing one of the poles to gardiner slx and they seem more rigid.  Weight wise very similar if a little lighter.  Good price at the moment.
https://www.reachpoles.co.uk/

Midge

Re: Ultra reach anti-twist poles
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 05:44:14 pm »
I’ve ordered one it’s getting delivered tomorrow

Paul Golding

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 06:00:19 pm »
Please let us know what you think. I’m tempted by the 18’ to replace my slx.

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 01:12:08 pm »
there 22  is £256   without a brush  gooseneck  or fan jets    etc              Brushes come with Gardiners  when ordering

Price of brushes seperate are not cheap
The company dont have the extras yet
They still look good

Paul Golding

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2024, 08:21:44 am »
That is true. For me I’d take the hose brush etc from the old slx and use them on the new pole. It’s just whether they wear less than the gardiner slx and whether the clamps are as good or better

LBWCS

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2024, 08:59:11 am »
What is the anti spin all about? It’s mentioned but apart from the obvious expectations with anti spin nothing is said about how it works etc

johnny bravo

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2024, 05:49:11 pm »
So Anti Spin  will also stop your pole from spinning if clamp wear starts causing section to spin     cant see how
The  only time gardiners poles spin are wear & tear on clamps after long useage

Ched

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2024, 08:16:05 pm »
Not sure I trust a company that don't even show their products or explain much about them.

Splash and dash

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2024, 10:13:30 pm »
Can you get spares for them like clamps , levers , sections etc ? What back up is there a cheap pole could all of a sudden become an expensive white elephant . Personally I would rather stick to a reliable proven supplier that I know has excellent customer service and a full range of available spares .

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2024, 05:34:13 am »
We are also told not to dismantle the pole as that could mess up the anti spin mechanism. This is a red flag for me.

If they are selling like hot cakes, why offer 25% off for a limited time?

The advert says that all the poles are now back in stock. This says to me that this is a small business (nothing wrong with that) trying to give the Impression of a successful large business operation. (I've been associated with marketing so know all about generating sales hype.)
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2024, 05:48:42 am »
Can you get spares for them like clamps , levers , sections etc ? What back up is there a cheap pole could all of a sudden become an expensive white elephant . Personally I would rather stick to a reliable proven supplier that I know has excellent customer service and a full range of available spares .

There have been numerous businesses that have tried to sell poles to window cleaners over the years and are no longer around today. 

Funny enough, most the the adverts were based on the benefit around their pole's clamps being better than Gardiners as they aren't glued and don't spin.

A couple even posted about how to import your own poles directly from China and save tons of money. What happened to all that? We never hear about it now. I wonder why?

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2024, 06:38:32 am »
there 22  is £256   without a brush  gooseneck  or fan jets    etc              Brushes come with Gardiners  when ordering

Price of brushes seperate are not cheap
The company dont have the extras yet
They still look good

Is this price subject to VAT and delivery? Their website doesn't give much detail at all.

If they have been going since 2023, then they should have had enough time to have a better webpage than they do.

No mention of an insulated base section, so we presume the base section is pure carbon fibre.

Paul Golding

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2024, 08:50:44 am »
Thanks guys some good things to think about there especially whether there’s an  insulated base. I’ll shop around for now. I’ll probably end up with gardiners again but I’ve noticed the quality seems to have dropped

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2024, 07:29:01 pm »
It isn't a good sign when they don't even put up photos of the anti spin mechanism. Red flags!