This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: Alternatives to SLX
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2024, 10:52:50 pm »
Another tip re loosening clamps:

You can also just replace the Nyloc nuts in the clamps if they keep coming loose.

When I haven't had any spare nuts I've just removed the loose nut and placed a thin strip of electrical tape, about 3mm wide, through the nut before reinserting the bolt. Usually works for me.

On my previous slx22 I ran a tiny blob of blue locktite along the threads of the bolt. It wasn't enough to lock the bolt totally, but was enough to hold it firmly from loosening.

My poles are on the side of the van. The inside of the van got quite warm during the summer at times. I had to readjust the clamps on both my poles as I think the plastic clamps stretched a bit  in the warmth.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

johnny bravo

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2024, 12:56:56 pm »
theres a company in derby making carbon poles  with locking clamps a   wee bit lighter than gardiners      they have an anti spin mechanism built into the bottom of the poles.       they were at the cleaning show

Don Kee

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2024, 05:38:24 pm »
theres a company in derby making carbon poles  with locking clamps a   wee bit lighter than gardiners      they have an anti spin mechanism built into the bottom of the poles.       they were at the cleaning show

X line?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2024, 06:02:24 pm »
Ultra Reach

Cant tell you a thing about them as they only have a Facebook presence - says it all really.....
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2024, 07:08:15 am »
Ultra Reach

Cant tell you a thing about them as they only have a Facebook presence - says it all really.....

We are also told not to dismantle the pole as that could mess up the anti spin mechanism. This is a red flag for me.

If they are selling like hot cakes, why offer 25% off for a limited time?

The advert says that all the poles are now back in stock. This says to me that this is a small business (nothing wrong with that) trying to give the Impression of a successful large business operation. (I've been associated with marketing so know all about generating sales hype.)
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2024, 04:41:24 pm »
I found the clamps, (the red inserts) to be the quickest wearing leading to clamps spinning the quickest, the worst of all poles apart from the original Tucker poles and that's saying something ..... terrible clamping system!!!
Ova 8 eliminates that problem with the pole design, clever engineering eliminating the spinning problem. 
Personally I can't fault Gardiner poles for the best automatic clamping system where a round pole is used.

Unusual - I wonder if the clamps have changed since you had one, as I've used my 22 footer Phantom carbon for just shy of two years with (literally) no maintenance at all, ever. I reckon I adjust a nut on a clamp maybe once a week. Our franchisees love them as well.

Mine are these:

Edit: Not posting images for some reason
Edit number 2: Now they are

Vin

the king

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2024, 08:40:47 pm »
ive got phamton clamps on my xline nano' the pole was just about worn out with xline clamps on' but the phamton clamps have given the pole a new lease of life ' adjust them every now and again'  ive had 1 snapped clamp when pole fell over and hit a stone wall' other cracked as over tightened it but to be fair i put a dob of supper glue on the crack and its been fine . for me the phamton clamps are a step up to the gardners when it comes to anti spin and not having to adjust all the time ' just wish the plastic clamp body was better grade of plastic less brittle

the king

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2024, 08:43:52 pm »
my next pole will be the evo8 himod ill just chick a extreme brush on it and fit gardner quick release its a simple fit as cogs are same

Lee GLS

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2024, 07:37:35 am »
my next pole will be the evo8 himod ill just chick a extreme brush on it and fit gardner quick release its a simple fit as cogs are same

I had an ova 8 22 high mod pole they weigh more than the advertised weight, they weigh the same as an slx 22, when I queried it I was informed that my scales were reading wrong, it's funny though as I weighed my 22 slx and they read the correct advertised weight.