This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Re: Self Assesment Expenses Wage
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2024, 03:05:31 pm »
i have premium bonds.     never expected to win anything but you still hope to
anyway in the last 10 months ive had 3 email notifications telling me to check my bonds as ive had a win
The moment you wait for.
total wins mount upto      £250     if left in bank its idle.
My starling account pays me £13 a month for having £5000  in it     good interest  £156 yearly

deeege

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2024, 02:23:01 pm »
I just use a normal isa because i dont know enough about stocks and shares to invest but it sounds good if you know what you are doing

You don’t need to know what you are doing unless you wanted to invest in individual shares, which is generally a terrible idea anyway.

Just invest in ETF’s that cover the full S&P 500 which is Americas largest 500 companies. The average yearly increase over the last 100 years is 10.6% per year.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2024, 04:42:08 pm »
I just use a normal isa because i dont know enough about stocks and shares to invest but it sounds good if you know what you are doing

You don’t need to know what you are doing unless you wanted to invest in individual shares, which is generally a terrible idea anyway.

Just invest in ETF’s that cover the full S&P 500 which is Americas largest 500 companies. The average yearly increase over the last 100 years is 10.6% per year.

So how do i invest in an ETF ? (dont even know what that is till i google it)

Through a bank ? or ive no idea  ;D

deeege

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2024, 05:27:07 pm »

So how do i invest in an ETF ? (dont even know what that is till i google it)

Through a bank ? or ive no idea  ;D

No. Set up a stocks and shares ISA with Hargreaves Lansdown or Vanguard and add as much or little funds as you like. There’s loads of good info on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/yjS6kc7LiuM?si=ZE0MCbMhMSA60nYf
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."