This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

chems for pvc...
« on: September 03, 2024, 07:34:19 pm »
Evening guys, do you find chems to be of much use when cleaning fascias, conny roofs or white plastics in general?

I have tried virosol in the past and didnt find it to make a significant difference, although it can be hard to tell sometimes as all jobs are essentialy different.

I have cleaned fascias in the past and some can turn out to be a lot work.

I hear people talking of using chems and saying "the dirt just fell off" but have not had that experience myself (would be nice though) Maybe my expectations were too high??

I have just ordered two bottles of ubik as I have not tried that before, maybe I didnt use it right?( the virosol) I must admit though I wasnt shy with the dosage, maybe even a little haphazard.

Is there an optimal dose? time left dwelling?

NBwcs

Re: chems for pvc...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024, 07:55:02 pm »
Surprised you didn't get on with virisol. I think you have to take peoples descriptions of "just fell off " with a pinch of salt but nevertheless ive always found it makes a very obvious difference using it and i only use it at a ratio of 25 to 1. How long did you let it rest before scrubbing? And how do you apply it.?

Spotfree

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 08:06:09 pm »
Surprised you didn't get on with virisol. I think you have to take peoples descriptions of "just fell off " with a pinch of salt but nevertheless ive always found it makes a very obvious difference using it and i only use it at a ratio of 25 to 1. How long did you let it rest before scrubbing? And how do you apply it.?

Cant remember now, not long I think as I was cautious about it drying on.

I would just squirt it on the brush then rub the brush on the pvc a bit, then move along a little before returning for more of the lovely old scrubbing

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 08:17:07 pm »

I would just squirt it on the brush then rub the brush on the pvc a bit, then move along a little before returning for more of the lovely old scrubbing

Get a sprayer and spray the chem onto the surface rather than onto your brush. Spray one stretch at a time, give it time to dwell and then get your brush on it with water running. You'll notice that it's easier.
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash and dash

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024, 09:01:09 pm »
A weak hypo mix is the best the dirt will turn to a gel and come off with one pass of the brush , but obviously you need to be careful using it . Virosol is also good stuff we used it for years before switching to hypo and it did a good job

Spotfree

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2024, 06:51:51 am »

Thanks, been looking at the Gradiner back pack but not in stock.

Get a sprayer and spray the chem onto the surface rather than onto your brush. Spray one stretch at a time, give it time to dwell and then get your brush on it with water running. You'll notice that it's easier.

Spotfree

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2024, 06:53:16 am »
A weak hypo mix is the best the dirt will turn to a gel and come off with one pass of the brush , but obviously you need to be careful using it . Virosol is also good stuff we used it for years before switching to hypo and it did a good job

What does a weak hypo mix look like? Isnt that stuff a bit dodgy?

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2024, 11:52:45 am »
You don't need anything special

Some all purpose cleaner from supermarket or ubik, virosol, degreaser, g101 etc in a sprayer or on the brush head with a bit of washing up liquid to make it cling is all I use. Cif or cream cleaner is a also good on greying.

I have used bleach before on fsg but once you've had it dripping into your eyes you rethink that idea 

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2024, 01:00:52 pm »
A couple of squirts of fairy is as good if not better than anything out there.

Splash and dash

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2024, 04:52:50 pm »

What does a weak hypo mix look like? Isnt that stuff a bit dodgy?

10% strength hypo  mix it 5-1 spray on scrub rinse job done , you can use it weaker 7-1  if you are worried about any issues , stronger mixes can turn white plastic yellow but it always goes back to white within 2-5 hours , I wouldn’t use it on composite doors though

NBwcs

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2024, 08:29:59 pm »
If your going to apply to your brush rather than spray, then i remember someone on here absolutely waxing lyrical about how fantastic bio washing powder is on white facias. Not used it myself so cant endorse it but worth a go. Must be bio though.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2024, 08:32:27 pm »
If your going to apply to your brush rather than spray, then i remember someone on here absolutely waxing lyrical about how fantastic bio washing powder is on white facias. Not used it myself so cant endorse it but worth a go. Must be bio though.

Mark summert or other didn't work Wednesdays so I recall

Splash and dash

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2024, 08:44:14 pm »

Mark summert or other didn't work Wednesdays so I recall

Mark stock

Spotfree

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2024, 06:43:13 am »
I remember the guy, he had a motorbike for his profile pic.

I saw the back packs in stock yesterday so have one on the way, along with some ubik.

What strength for ubiks is ideal? how long is its usualy left on for?

Do I just spray and leave? Do I need to wet with water first?

Splash and dash

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2024, 12:43:38 pm »

I saw the back packs in stock yesterday so have one on the way, along with some ubik.

Dilute it 10-1  spray on leave 5 muinits scrub rinse job done 👍

Spotfree

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2024, 05:08:01 pm »

Dilute it 10-1  spray on leave 5 muinits scrub rinse job done 👍

Cheers Splash!

JandS

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2024, 08:24:46 pm »
Ubik and Vistal/Unger rub out..
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Spotfree

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2024, 09:24:04 pm »

How do you use them buddy? Mixed together or one after the other?

the king

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2024, 08:56:15 pm »
razer wash upvc for lite staining  or week hypo mix for the really bad ones ive tried loads over the years but these are my go too now scott dennings tfr 20 was very good but no longer on sale

Bungle

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2024, 10:07:18 pm »

How do you use them buddy? Mixed together or one after the other?

He's saying use one or the other. Ubik and Virosol are similar. Unger rub out is a more of a paste type stuff which you'll need to apply by hand with a cloth or magic sponge.
We look at them, they look through them.