van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

Suffolkcleaners

Re: Everyone will be part time.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2024, 07:23:45 pm »
I’m not typically a labour fan but if I’m honest I think it’s a good idea for employees to have that choice if they can do the work in 4 days instead of 5. Work/Life balance. Us Self employed can choose our own hours. But again it’s subjective dependant on the job and requirements of course.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 07:27:19 pm »
4 days but more hours per day as I understand it
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2024, 09:26:11 pm »
Half the population up here don't work anyway. That's why they need to keep raising the tax on the workers to bring in more money. Slowly the workers up here are getting squeezed so more are retiring early or jumping on long-term sick. That's why we are so busy, no one seems to be able to get reliable workers.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024, 08:28:44 am »
Half the population up here don't work anyway. That's why they need to keep raising the tax on the workers to bring in more money. Slowly the workers up here are getting squeezed so more are retiring early or jumping on long-term sick. That's why we are so busy, no one seems to be able to get reliable workers.

Not like that down here, every other van is a window cleaning business these days, it’s gone mad.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2024, 09:02:48 am »
Same hours so no difference.

Won't work for all businesses. Can't be sending window cleaners out at 6pm when it's dark at 4 really

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2024, 09:20:16 am »

Not like that down here, every other van is a window cleaning business these days, it’s gone mad.

The SNP has told the sick they don't need a note from a psychiatrist to say one is depressed you only need a note from your doctor. They said it will be done with trusting the patient but really you can't get an appointment with a shrink for years. The new claims have went up 300% in first 6 months. They are living the dream up here and I'm glad we are still part of the UK or we would be bankrupt. Aging population, youth can't be bothered and no water rates means wfp is a dream job up here. I'm getting at least a new customer every week now and will have to drop ones.

EandM

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2024, 11:26:18 am »
4 days but more hours per day as I understand it

Same number of hours in total, just extended days.
We have a Pathologist in the family and he was doing this for years.
Started around 7:30am, worked his required hours and had Friday off.

He used to clean windows on his day off too, I kid you not  :)