This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Is pump knackered?
« on: August 29, 2024, 09:16:43 pm »
So on one of our vans hose reels the water worked for half the day then just packed in.  Water is dribbling out of the brush end.  I turned up the pump to 99 and i worked out it was doing less than 1 litre per minute and the flow was incredibly weak cant use it at all..  Even when the water was not coming out of the brush the flow controller for the pump was not hitting DE / PS it just constantly made a noise like it was trying to pump water never reaching dead end.

Checked for air locks, disconnected fitting etc, nothing improved it.

Can i assume the pump is knackered?  Or could it be something else?

dazmond

Re: Is pump knackered?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 09:43:35 pm »
Have you checker your strainer?if you haven't got one the tiny holes in the  pump diaphragm are probably blocked with leaves/resin/crud
price higher/work harder!

Splash and dash

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 10:41:26 pm »
Try recalibrating the controller

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2024, 08:15:44 am »
How old is the pump?
I always have a spare pump in stock so I can change over and rule in or out the pump.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2024, 11:07:51 am »
Re Calibrated made no difference.  Checked and cleaned out strainer which was also fine.

Completely stumped.  Guessing pump is knackered?

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2024, 03:12:08 pm »
As re-calibrating did not improve the flow and the Filter is clean and the Motor is noisy. It is likely yo be the pump that is faulty.
However before you replace the pump, also check the cables/connections to the pump are ok.

Also take disconnect the inlet fitting and check there is nothing blocking the inlet Or outlet side of the pump.

As a Note PS will be displayed on the controller for one of two reasons
1. Most common would be High pressure in the system causes the pump pressure switch to open. The control reports what it sees

2. An electrical issue such as damaged/corroded  cables and connectors. Also check the fuse and fuse holder

If all the above us Ok then its probably time to replace the pump   
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology