This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scottish Cleaning Service

Best Pair
« on: August 28, 2024, 08:30:53 pm »
After 6 years in this job I have came to realise the best pair in the cleaning industry, window cleaning and gutter clearing. I'm getting to the stage that I would be better sticking to these because of the return. Okay its a bit boring but I am seriously thinking of dropping my website due to word of mouth and picking up cleans when I'm out cleaning. £60 today clearing a gutter near me and removing a weed blockage, less than an hour plus fiver tip. Already been out this morning cleaning a care home. If anyone has noticed any other ways of making a good wage from not much energy then share it on here.

JandS

Re: Best Pair
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 08:42:15 pm »
I like upvc cleaning.....fascias, soffits and gutters   also ladders off and upvc window frames and doors back to life by hand using Unger Rub Out or Vistal or both combined with scrub pads.....love seeing them back to white.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

james peters

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 07:53:47 am »
After 6 years in this job I have came to realise the best pair in the cleaning industry, window cleaning and gutter clearing. I'm getting to the stage that I would be better sticking to these because of the return. Okay its a bit boring but I am seriously thinking of dropping my website due to word of mouth and picking up cleans when I'm out cleaning. £60 today clearing a gutter near me and removing a weed blockage, less than an hour plus fiver tip. Already been out this morning cleaning a care home. If anyone has noticed any other ways of making a good wage from not much energy then share it on here.

bit of a contradiction on your previous posts ;D
I agree , but I have found render cleaning to be a nice earner.  I dont push these too much as I am busy window cleaning .
2 a month is my target.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2024, 08:29:35 am »
I've been window cleaning so long(31 years)that I prefer just maintenance window cleaning with the odd f/s/g and conny roof clean only for existing customers....

I don't clear gutters anymore and no inside conny roof cleaning or any inside window cleaning(unless it's the odd kitchen window for an elderly customer on request)

IMO you cant beat just regular maintenance window cleaning for a hassle free working day...

I could earn more money if I pushed add ons more but that would be harder work and inevitably more stress/hassle,etc...

Once I reached a comfortable level of income just servicing my regular round the extra add on work just didnt really interest me...

I'm still tweaking and refining my round because it never ends. Maybe its only the odd job here and there that I either dump or take on
price higher/work harder!

Always shining

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 09:27:35 am »
Spot on post Dazmond. I’m the same as you. Regular maintenance and tweaking here and there making the work more profitable for less work time.
And Mr Scottish I’m glad you’ve finally twigged. I did tell you some time ago that doing bits and bobs here and there is not the best way to run a business. Too much faff. Leave that sort of work to the semi retired who just want to potter and top up their pension!

DJW

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2024, 12:38:38 pm »
My electrician/internet/festival lighting neighbour is a sole trader. Quite shocked to discover his day rate was £600. No shortage of work either.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2024, 04:05:31 pm »
Anything between £250-£400 for a 5 to 6 hour day just cleaning windows then back home is my sweet spot...

Perfect Windows

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2024, 04:16:22 pm »
Our best business by far is cleaning the vertical glass on domestic properties. Veluxes at a pinch.

Vin

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2024, 04:50:53 pm »
Window cleaning is the best from a consistent, reliable income perspective. But its terribly boring to the point of being mind numbing. I like pressure washing best from an enjoyment point of view but its much more difficult to get this work at an hourly rate thats viable.  Gutter cleaning with a vac can range from being really easy when theres hardly anything in the gutter to back breaking when it wont budge. FSG is justa killer, a pain fest that i avoid.

Lets face it, its all dirty, sweaty, boring work that no one in their right mind would choose to do if someone gave them an easier way to earn similar money.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2024, 05:35:24 pm »
Window cleaning is the best from a consistent, reliable income perspective. But its terribly boring to the point of being mind numbing. I like pressure washing best from an enjoyment point of view but its much more difficult to get this work at an hourly rate thats viable.  Gutter cleaning with a vac can range from being really easy when theres hardly anything in the gutter to back breaking when it wont budge. FSG is justa killer, a pain fest that i avoid.

Lets face it, its all dirty, sweaty, boring work that no one in their right mind would choose to do if someone gave them an easier way to earn similar money.

It must be really hard work with your attitude Adam!🤣👍

The job is a doddle these days IMO

It was a lot harder work when I was on the ladders for 17 years and collecting twice a week.

We have it so good!😎

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2024, 07:01:55 pm »
I like upvc cleaning.....fascias, soffits and gutters   also ladders off and upvc window frames and doors back to life by hand using Unger Rub Out or Vistal or both combined with scrub pads.....love seeing them back to white.

I used to do it the same way till I tried another way. This was wetting area first and spraying with hypo and leaving it for 20mins then going back and washing with the wfp. That's the way I do it now.

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2024, 07:10:43 pm »
bit of a contradiction on your previous posts ;D
I agree , but I have found render cleaning to be a nice earner.  I dont push these too much as I am busy window cleaning .
2 a month is my target.

Everyday a school day. Maybe it was because it was such an easy day and total working time less than 3hrs. After I cleared the gutters I always clean the windows because of the splashes. In total I took £150 which is great for the amount of time and the travel was minimal.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2024, 08:22:15 am »

It was a lot harder work when I was on the ladders for 17 years and collecting twice a week.

We have it so good!😎

Yes it's easy, it's simple I agree but that also makes it boring. Getting up in all weathers to trudge round scrubbing glass over and over again everyday. Doesn't make you think there must be more to life than this ? Don't you need a bit more social interaction, something to challenge the brain or something to get you out of your head all day. It's mentally that I struggle with this job there no escape.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2024, 08:34:10 am »

We have it so good!😎

Yes it's easy, it's simple I agree but that also makes it boring. Getting up in all weathers to trudge round scrubbing glass over and over again everyday. Doesn't make you think there must be more to life than this ? Don't you need a bit more social interaction, something to challenge the brain or something to get you out of your head all day. It's mentally that I struggle with this job there no escape.

I feel free when I'm window cleaning..

No constraints of working for someone  else or having to put up with idiot workmates

I have some fantastic customers I can have a 5 min chat with or sometimes I just like to daydream while I'm working.

Another advantage is I listen to podcasts,audiobooks or radio/music with one Bluetooth earbud. Ive just finished listening to Louis theroux autobiography.LOVED IT!😎👍

I'm off to Lanzarote tomorrow for 10 days(but taking 16 days off altogether)so I'll come back refreshed ready for the autumn/winter months!👌

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2024, 03:18:52 pm »
Linda Lusardi

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2024, 07:05:34 am »

DJW

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2024, 07:38:37 am »
A bit low

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2024, 06:27:48 pm »

Amber51

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2024, 05:08:49 am »
Totally feel you on sticking to what brings in the cash – window cleaning and gutter clearing sound like a winning combo for that steady income without all the hassle.