This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrisb2

Help needed with Water genie 4040 booster pump in box
« on: August 25, 2024, 05:38:24 pm »
Hi all.
Recently brought one of these as my tap psi is 35psi.
I have a pure freedom 650l system.
I have installed the pump box and  on the outlet connection I fitted a monument water pressure gauge used by plumbers to detect the mains pressure brought from toolstation. This product isn't like a online pressure tester . The water has nowhere to go so does the pressure build up in that as it goes off the scale of 160psi on the gauge!
If that's right will it knacker my new axeon high pressure membrane I am about to put in and do it's first flush?
Or do I need a online pressure gauge at the start of my Ro housing with a valve before the gauge so I can adjust the psi going into my housing?
Sorry for the long winded question. I hope someone understands what I'm getting at as I am at my wits end and not producing water at the moment. No instructions or manual came with this product and cannot find any online!!
It also has a screw it looks like on the in side of the pump which I do not know what it does?
Would of that would be on the outlet side to maybe adjust the psi going out?

chrisb2

Re: Help needed with Water genie 4040 booster pump in box
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 05:52:05 pm »
Testing the flow rate when the pump is running it's 10 litres per minute which is what it is supposed to deliver upto per minute. Does anyone know what 10lpm equates to in psi?

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 08:06:57 pm »
I’m not quite sure I understand your predicament but you need a valve on the waste pipe so you can adjust the pure/waste ratio which will at the same time adjust the amount of pressure running through your system.

You talk about putting the system through it’s first “flush” which would suggest to me you have one, stick it in flush and the slowly turn the valve to increase the pressure/adjust the ratio.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 08:22:44 pm »
from the other forum I understand you have pressure tested it at 160 PSI ?

Membrane Type   Polyamide Thin–Film Composite
Maximum Operating Temperature (°F / °C)   113 / 45
Maximum Operating Pressure (psi / bar)   600 / 41
pH Range, Continuous OperationA   2-11
pH Range, Short Term Cleaning (30 Min.)   1-13

above are specs of an Axiom HF4
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 08:35:23 am »
You must switch the booster pump off when you flush the membrane.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)